• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP189: Shin'ō League Semi-Finals! Enter Darkrai!!

Re: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

Brock seemed pensive for a moment.

- The battle starts immediately, with a grassy field.
- Takuto sends out Darkrai (no way!)
- Ash sends out Heracross
- Heracross uses Hyper Beam whilst Darkrai sends back a ice beam possibly.
- Heracross uses megahorn, or atleast attempts to. Darkrai causes Heracross to fall asleep.
- Darkrai attacks heracross with something... but whatever. Heracross is out.
- Torkoal is sent out. Uses flamethrower or sometype of fire move.
- Torkoal faints straight away! Ouch.
- Ash sends out Gible. Gible punches Darkrai which does damage! Darkrai uses ice beam on Gible which dodges a few times.
- It ends up hitting.. and Gible is out. All in the span of like - 5 minutes!
- Ash gets serious.
- Sceptile is sent out.
- Ice beam is sent its way. Sceptile dodges. Darkrai sents out another ice beam.
- Darkrai uses dark void so Sceptile falls asleep.
- Darkrai enters Sceptiles dreams. Nightmares are caused!
- Sceptile awakens.. and.. it uses leaf blade. DARKRAI IS OUT! Sceptile is so awesome.
- Takuto sends out... Latios. LOLOL
- Sceptile faints. Ash sends out Swellow.
- Swellow is down.
- This is getting REAL.
- Pikachu is left.. (come on, Latios?)
- Ash turns his hat backwards.
- Pikachu uses quick attack then quickly uses Volt Tackle.
- Latios uses Giga Impact.
- Pikachu gets on Latios' back. Uses Thunderbolt. Latios in engulfed in thunder.
- Thunderlatios is flying around the stadium.
- Pikachu is thrown in the air, and counters a blast from Latios with an Volt Tackle.
- Pikachu uses Iron Tail. Latios faints (I believe), but all is lost as Pikachu also faints.
- The winner of the Tournament is... Takuto! No surprise there.
- Ash and Dawn laugh together. Brock talks about them or something.
- Barry comes from nowhere are says goodbye/wishes him goodluck or something.
- OK, what is Brock doing on his own? lol.
- The end.

The craziest part of this battle is how much of it was based around sheer power.

All these intricate strategies made up by fans thrown out the window.

Um...what the hell? guys, I think Ash AGED. and his eyes are a different color now? lmao.

Sceptile snapping itself out of the nightmare and proceeding to own that arse wipe of a Darkrai was ridiculously cool.
Seems Torkoal is forever destined to live in it's reptilian bretherin's shadoww, however.

But what the hell? Swellow shouldn't have gone down to one Luster Purge. This is freaking SWELLOW. Swellow could take a bullet to the brain and still battle.

Otherwise, I'd glad Ash could take down 2 of the smug twat's pokemon, but this was still rather painful to watch.

DP 189 "*Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

Satoshi advances to the next round to challenge Takuto and his Darkrai in this highly anticipated battle. Satoshi's Heracros,Cotoiseand Fukumaru were KO'd within a minute. Jukain, however was able to take it out. Takuto then sent out Latios which defeated Jukain. Ohsubame was sent out next but later defeated by Luster Purge. Pikachu was then went out and took down Latios while being defeated as well. Takuto eventually went to winning the league.

I was expecting a dull episode with a sweep by Darkrai, but it ended up being much better that that. It's not surprinsing that some movie 10 movie was playing during the ep. The battles were well done making the episode quite a spectacle to watch. Overall, I rate this episode a 9.5/10.

If that Latias proves anything, it's that Pikachu needs Thunder back.

-XD Barry's still here!!!
-Obligatory spooky music as Darkrai is released
-Heracross up first.. and falls asleep almost instantly. But, is that sleep talk?
-Heracross out, Torkoal in.. for about 5 seconds.
-Gible!! It looks so adorable :p
-Awww I actually want to hug Ash now.
-Woah.. spooky..
-Sceptile got a hit!!! Barry looks so relieved! <3 Oh, wait, he actually beat Darkrai just then... even better!
-Now to see his other Pokemon.. WHAAAAAAAAAAT??
-Tailow?! Really? waah, this is really a wtf battle
-Last Pokemon standing is of course Pikachu.. but this time I want him to win
-OH YES RIDING ON LATIOS FTW!!!
-animation is amazing
-GO GO GO PIKACHUUU
-Harrrrrr he defeats Latios with Iron Tail xDD But, double KO
-PAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL!!!! HE WAS WATCHING! HE WAS DISAPPOINTED!! I squealed
-Lol, what a downer :p
-LT wins presumably with only Darkrai in the finals.. and OMG what a goofy face he made when he won!!!!!!!
-awww cute twerp scene, with Brock ending in the frontline for once in obvious forshadowing of next episode.
-(Also, was that really the last of Barry? I know he's always in a hurry, but still...)

Well, I liked the episode. The begining was a bit dull, as the OHKO battles
are not generally the most fascinating, but the animation was really good, and things got more interesting after Sceptile. Latios really took me by surprise xD Tbh, I found the episode quite funny really.
I liked the ending too, it felt quite fitting and we saw Paul.. and LT goofy face

But what the hell? Swellow shouldn't have gone down to one Luster Purge. This is freaking SWELLOW. Swellow could take a bullet to the brain and still battle.
I know. But still:

trio9hv.png

Nice job fellas.

I started watching when he sent out Sceptile. Keyhole lagged alot though, so I couldn't watch it properly. But damn... the way he just came out of the trans and pwned Darkrai WAS AWESOME. After that, I was so expecting an Isshu pokemon. But no, he sends out freaking LATIOS. LATIOS WTF. Me and my sister were going crazy about it. Swellow went down way too easily. ): But hey, Pikachu epicness was great. The last showdown was epic.

I was hoping Takuto would use an Isshu poke, since otherwise, why would Ash suddenly decide to go to Isshu? But judging by the trailer that came after, Ash may have just aged!

BUT SERIOUSLY. LOOK AT THE EYES.

This is a thread for DP 189, not "Best Wishes."

Sorry for the Primeape nonsense, though I still have hope that Ash will use it again one day.

So if he used Latios to capture Darkrai, what he used to capture Latios?

Game Shark

Watching that made me wonder how are they going to top that for the Isshu league.

He looks....odd? Maybe it's his eye's.

New Ash, guys

Firstly, THATS EPIC

secondly, I found it! But only the first half...i'm waiting for the next upload. I'm on that cliff hanger, does Sceptile survive the Ice beam?

Mine wasn't great quality. If anyone can find a HQ version please tell me!

Damn Keyhole and its lagging behind, I had to reset many times and I missed the latter half of Pikachu vs Latios (or at least the part the apparently knock each other out.

But sweet mother of glory, I take back what I said about Sceptile, it deserved to be here and I'm glad it kicked Darkrai's ass, after what was a really cool "Wake up Sceptile" scene.

But WTF Latios dear lord Takuto came to the Sinnoh League for the shits and giggles didn't he. There is absolutely no way this is his first league. Although I have to laugh my ass off, Ash did better than the guy who Takuto faced at the end (absolutely hilarious).

Oh and Paul watched the battle, but of course he didn't say anything.

And LOL at Swellow being Ash's "5th" Pokemon the unrevealed Pokemon. Honestly I hate to admit it but Glalie would have been a major plus in this battle. Of course I wasn't expecting Latios to bust out and say "Ash your ass is grass." (Just to note Latios did not actually say that).

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom