• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP191: Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!

Mijumaru

Demonic Scraggy
Reaction score
Yes, this is the last episode of Diamond & Pearl. And I'm truly excited for this and Best Wishes.

Airs Thurday, September 9, 2010.

DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Preview Thread

Here we are: the last episode of Diamond & Pearl!

- Hikari opens the window in her pajamas, just like she did in the first episode.

- Satoshi is seen falling down stairs.

- Satoshi and Takeshi shake hands. Takeshi's voice over says that he'll be a Pokemon Doctor.

- Potchama's seen running away, with tears in its eyes. It also looks like it's fighting with Pikachu and Mukuhawk.

- Potchama is crying and hugging Pikachu.

- Satoshi, Hikari, and Takeshi all read the episode title together.

- Finally, we see Potchama crying in Togekiss' arms.

Re: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is Diamond!!" Preview Thread

We will get an official thread like always. Why bother creating your own?

Re: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is Diamond!!" Preview Thread

Looks like Piplup reaally doesn't want to leave.
When Ash and Brock part I think Brock says 'I'm off to be a Pokemon Doctor' or something. No idea what he really said though.

They're all staying at Dawn's house I think.

Re: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Preview Thread

Potchama being all weepy. What a terrific way to end the saga. And look, Togekiss gets to do something for the second time.

Oh come on Piplup! Are you that mad that you need to Hydro Pump your teammates all of the sudden?

Pochama is really not happy, at all.
Now Brock is walking off, I hope maybe we'll get a quick scene of him arriving home, but I wouldn't have thought so.

Looks like a good episode, though apparently it's revolved around Piplup quite a bit.

So Piplup gets so upset about everyone parting ways that it runs off... hmm... Reminds me of a certain Gible episode :p Piplup sure is emotional haha

I really love that the last episode seems to be mirroring the first with Dawn opening the windows.
Piplup seems to be going crazy though xD It looks really sweet/funny, actually. And, was I mistaken, or did Pikachu tear up too?

Also, the threee of them reading out the title = instant win.

Already I can tell this episode is going to have way better animation than the previous one. That alone makes me excited.

Piplup is getting its knickers in a knot.

Poor Piplup, it doesn't want anyone to leave at all. Thank goodness Togekiss is there otherwise who knows what Piplup would do.

Pochama's emotions run high!

This really looks like a very emotional ep and showcase just how much of a group/family the DP main cast are
I laugh at everyone who says they were the worst group... they felt the most "family" to me of all groups... they emphasized more than ever how the group and all their Poké often sit all together and eat and do stuff like that, they emphasized the supporting each other thing (yes, Brock often supported Dawn too, despite some people ignoring this)
I love the title and the fact they all read it together... Pip going crazy cause of this is extremely cute too, my poor penguin...
I also LOVE the throwbacks to the first DP ep... just like I really loved the throwbacks to the very first ep that we got to see in recent BW previews

I laugh at everyone who says they were the worst group... they felt the most "family" to me of all groups... they emphasized more than ever how the group and all their Poké often sit all together and eat and do stuff like that, they emphasized the supporting each other thing (yes, Brock often supported Dawn too, despite some people ignoring this)
Speaking of Piplup getting his knickers in a knot...

I keed, I keed. I'm just glad to see Twinleaf Town one more time. It really has taken on the form of what Pallet Town used to be in my mind. That's quite an accomplishment for a place of residency.

:bawl:

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on this episode. I have a feeling I'm gonna be doing a lot of that... thankfully there's also some humorous stuff like Satoshi falling down the stairs. I also love the throw back to the first DP episode. Exactly what I expected of Tomioka.

Hahaa, I wonder why Brock was poison jabbed at the point in time. Maybe Croagunk doesn't want to leave or something. I don't know.

Hahaa, I wonder why Brock was poison jabbed at the point in time. Maybe Croagunk doesn't want to leave or something. I don't know.

Either Croagunk uses Brock to calm down its depression about everyone leaving, or Noelle is at Dawn's home again...

Y'know what? These guys were the worst group...

piplup.jpg

...but this seems as if it'll be a pretty decent 'goodbye' episode. I think Pochama is gonna make this one for me. There are times when him acting like a big ol' drama queen can be quite irksome, but when it works, it works. And this looks like it's gonna work.

Either Croagunk uses Brock to calm down its depression about everyone leaving, or Noelle is at Dawn's home again...

Maybe he's developed some feelings for Johanna.

But of course, it might be your latter statement.

The only feelings Brock gets these days are the numbing jabs of Croagunk in his heiny.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom