• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP191: Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!

Re: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Preview Thread

Oh and correct me if I'm wrong but in Flint's last appearance, did he mention anything about getting ready to challenge Cynthia? Or am I confusing him with Aaron/Lucian?

Yep, Flint was the one who wanted to challenge her.

Also guys, seems like Ash has invited Dawn to come with him to Pallet...

So what was up with TR?
Did they came to say "goodbye" to the twerps b/c they are going to a different region?

Oh and correct me if I'm wrong but in Flint's last appearance, did he mention anything about getting ready to challenge Cynthia? Or am I confusing him with Aaron/Lucian?
Yes, he did. In the Jasmine episode, he mentions he's going to go up against Cynthia. Which, if you watch the series, has been a reoccuring theme throughout the other members of the Elite 4 (both Aaron and Lucian challenged her and lost).

Yep, Flint was the one who wanted to challenge her.

Yes, he did. In the Jasmine episode, he mentions he's going to go up against Cynthia. Which, if you watch the series, has been a reoccuring theme throughout the other members of the Elite 4 (both Aaron and Lucian challenged her and lost).

Oh, awesome /o/ That makes it even better as a last minute tie in. I thought he did but the episode was a awhile ago - just needed to make sure.

So I guess I can have a Nuzlocke nod and say that everything's happening for a reason?

Sad to see DPPt has ended, but we can only look forward to the future.

So...being a master IS conquering the league tournament. Now that they've said that...I also wonder if it's going to happen. I won't get my hopes up. He still has to get to the finals first, but now we know he's capable of doing so. It's all a matter of how long they can put it off now, and they could spend quite a few regions preventing him from finally winning a major tournament.

As for this ep, it was touching. Although without that montage over the credits, the dub will greatly suffer this one. This was almost completely Dawn's goodbye since they didn't need to concentrate on Brock so much. Now a new saga can begin.

I've had some fun here. I really didn't want to wake up early for this again, but fate seems to have intervened for one reason or the other. I am satisfied with what has happened, though, and if I hope to have at least some peace in my life, I must not worry about what goes on here anymore. I will see you guys in BW, but probably not as much.

Of what I was able to see, pretty emotional.

I don't know if I like the Cynthia vs Flint part of the episode, it just came off as unnecessary, I'd much rather see everyone's Pokemon saying goodbye.

Why the hell do the writers do that? Seriously Squirtle got a goodbye with Ash's other Pokemon when it returned to the Squirtle Squad. But no, whenever someone leaves the writers treat the other Pokemon like nothing.

Are you to tell me not one Pokemon bonded with Ambipom, or that one Pokemon bonded with Gliscor? And now not one of Ash's Pokemon (excluding Pikachu) and not one of Brock or Dawn's Pokemon bonded with the other characters. Pretty heartless if you ask me. Not to mention we didn't even get to see Gible, definitely less episodes than Snorunt/Glalie combined.

And if not a farewell between the Pokemon, how about Ash finds out about Isshu in someway. I don't like the idea that he's in Pallet Town, getting dressed and then a few seconds later he's in Isshu dealing with Zekrom's shadow or whatever without hearing about it first, and no we don't need to spend 15 minutes of the first BW episode about Ash travelling to Isshu.

So overall a decent end to Dawn's arc and Brock's, but a very horrible transition episode between DP and BW and kind of horrible ending to the DP Pokemon (except Pikachu, Piplup, Buneary, Togekiss, Staraptor, Torterra, Croagunk, and Sudowoodo, Meowth and the other Rocket Pokemon (minus Mime Jr. I think).

As for this ep, it was touching. Although without that montage over the credits, the dub will greatly suffer this one. This was almost completely Dawn's goodbye since they didn't need to concentrate on Brock so much. Now a new saga can begin.

They'll likely do their own montage during that time, in actual faded color (like the anime does for flashbacks), and then they'll show Ash and Brock. Otherwise they may skip the montage altogether and go straight for Ash and Brock.

Obviously there isn't time to say good-bye to everyone, but it IS odd that they couldn't have a simple group good-bye while on the boat. While I'm of the belief that the Pokemon are the other stars in this series, it seems that only the most popular of them get to see any action, being Piplup and Pikachu, (besides mindless TR beating). All in all, the scene at the end was touching but could be swapped for any other end-of-the-episode good-bye. The Ash/Brock stuff felt a lot more meaningful.

While this wasn't quite as sad as I thought it would be, this was still a great way to end DP. I liked all the time the twerp trio spent together in the house. It was just nice to see them all hang out like normal people.

All the flashbacks were great, and I loved that we actually saw the Shirona/Oba fight! (Satoshi foreshadowing ftw!)

Hikari's goodbye was pretty darn good. Loved how Pikachu and Potchama hugged (you mean someone besides the Rockets are allowed to hug?!) and that last high hive and daijoubu were very sweet.

Takeshi's goodbye was a little lacking, but I loved how their hands lingered a bit when they said goodbye.

As for the Rockets... at this point it's just sad they think they're important. Can't Tomioka ever give them a break? (AND WHERE THE HELL WAS MANENE?! :saiyan:) Guess we'll still have to wait to see what the deal with them is.

And for my final thoughts on this series... well, DP is what got me into Pokemon in the first place. No matter what happens in BW and beyond, this series will always have a special place in my heart. <3

Did Dawn even say good bye to Buizel?

It sounds emotional, can't wait to see it.

Ash will probably not gonna show all his pokemon. Pallet town ep will be maybe two minutes from the ep.

G-god yeah Brock's goodbye somehow got me way sadder than Dawn's/Piplup's. I think it might be the nice subtlety (though I totally would have wanted a bro-hug too) versus BAAAAAAWWWWWing for nearly a damn minute that I preferred.

I agree. Takeshi's goodbye gave me teary eyes while Hikari's farewell was...well, okay I guess.

TR's scene with Sakaki and Delibird were among my favourite parts of the episode. Seeing Ōba( and Satoshi imagining being in Ōba's place) was great too. I also liked the throwback to the Pokémon Stylist episode.

I am kinda disappointed that we didn't see all of the group's Pokémon together, like in the end of AG. I was like: "now, they are doing it!...no? well, maybe...NOW! no? aww...dammit." :/

As for this ep, it was touching. Although without that montage over the credits, the dub will greatly suffer this one.
Don't they just use an instrumental as the ending theme? They could just play that to these clips, with the credits added on top.

I think it's sad that Dawn's future wasn't clarified in the least. She is obviously not going to become a Pokémon Stylist, so what is she going to do from now on?

So who gave Ash that bag?
Stream stopped around the ending here.

I think it's sad that Dawn's future wasn't clarified in the least. She is obviously not going to become a Pokémon Stylist, so what is she going to do from now on?
Um, contests? In today's episode all three of them clarified what their goals are going to be. Brock told them that he's aiming to become a Pokémon Doctor, Ash that he wants to be a Pokémon Master and Dawn that her dream is to be a Top Coordinator.

So who gave Ash that bag?
Stream stopped around the ending here.
Obviously Brock.

Dawn's send off was pretty good. she's had better eps than this one.

Um, contests? In today's episode all three of them clarified what their goals are going to be. Brock told them that he's aiming to become a Pokémon Doctor, Ash that he wants to be a Pokémon Master and Dawn that her dream is to be a Top Coordinator.
And? It would be nice to know how she plans to further that goal. Why is that less important than her going to a photo shoot with Buneary?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom