• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP59-61 titles

Piplup

XY
Reaction score
Someone posted this on Pokéani [ http://pokeani.com/cbbs/cbbs.cgi?mode=al2&namber=1544&rev=&no=4 ]
TV Japanより
12月13日「レントラーの瞳」
12月20日「ズイの遺跡のアンノーン」「ポケモンコンテスト!ズイ大会!」(1時間SP)

む、コンテストが1話のみとは・・・
来年に持ち越しって事でしょうかねぇ?1話で終わりだとしたら嫌な予感も。

Translation of the titles by google...
13.12 - DP59 - "Luxray's eyes" (Rentora=Luxray right?)
20.12 - DP60-61 - "Solaceon remains Unown" & "Pokémon Contest! Solaceon's Tournament!"
Again one episode only contest? why they suddenly do this? and I thought they finally got it that gyms and contest must be at least 2 episodes ...

Well, maybe they are delaying Ash's next Gym Battle for give time to Chimchar to evolve into Monferno. So Ash will can use his "Fighting Type" against the leader's ones.

I wonder if they'll keep up the tradition of the last episode of the year having a team change. Can't see them fitting a capture into the middle of a contest if it's only one episode long, so maybe Prinplup or something.

Someone posted this on Pokéani [ http://pokeani.com/cbbs/cbbs.cgi?mode=al2&namber=1544&rev=&no=4 ]

20.12 - DP60-61 - "Solaceon remains Unown" & "Pokémon Contest! Solaceon's Tournament!"
Again one episode only contest? why they suddenly do this? and I thought they finally got it that gyms and contest must be at least 2 episodes ...

Maybe the appeal is in DP 60. OTOH, could the Unkown be going Movie 3 on Solaceon?

If this IS a 1-ep Contest, I suspect Dawn might be about to lose again. Maybe Kenny gets a ribbon, since he showed up recently...

You act as if they just started doing this.

So they're doing the Unown place then. Interesting, wonder if it'll be akin to Address Unown.

cassius335 said:
If this IS a 1-ep Contest, I suspect Dawn might be about to lose again.

1 ep contests =/= auto loss

I guess the writers think they've been putting too many Contests too close together so they're shortening them. 1 part Contests can be very good though, look at the BF Contests with Briana or the Salaryman, and May won those, so Dawn can win a 1 part Contest too.

I would have preffered all the Contest to be 2-parts though. I'd like to drown myself in them.

Well, maybe they are delaying Ash's next Gym Battle

They don't delay anything
Some fans want something to happen as soon as possible =/= that thing really is supposed to happen that fast

I wonder if they'll keep up the tradition of the last episode of the year having a team change.

Another stupid fan made rule/tradition -_-

Maybe the appeal is in DP 60.

99% it isn't
I don't think they'll start a contest at the end of totally unrelated episode

You act as if they just started doing this.

I thought they already understood this after the last brains got more than one episode and May's last contest and Dawn's first two contests too
Not to mention Ash's first DP gym...
Than suddenly we get two one episode only contests and like it isn't stupid as is they also cram a lot of things into one episode: first it was Dawn/Zoey/Nando/Jessie and Zoey/Nando's first meet (that also caused us to not see their battle) and now it'll probably be Dawn/Zoey/Kenny/Jessie with Zoey/Kenny's first time meeting on screen (they already met but we didn't saw it)
Even if Dawn will lose it's stupid to make this one episode only and will be really rushed just like DP49

Piplup said:
(Rentora=Luxray right?)

Yep. It’s also listed in the Trademarked Romanji as Rentorar.

Quote:
TV Japanより
12月13日「レントラーの瞳」
12月20日「ズイの遺跡のアンノーン」「ポケモンコンテスト!ズイ大会!」(1時間SP)

む、コンテストが1話のみとは・・・
来年に持ち越しって事でしょうかねぇ?1話で終わりだとしたら嫌な予感も。

I find it funny that we’ve gotten to DP 61 and Ash is still nowhere near the third gym. And the writers continue to prove what I’ve been saying. As for gyms an contests thing I find it weird since more contests eps = less fillers. And that they can cram all those characters into one contest episode, but the gym leaders can get four episodes each. oO

1 ep contests =/= auto loss

"suspect" =/= "Ohf***Dawnsgonnalosewaah". It might happen, that's all I meant. Especially if Kenny is involved, since he needs the ribbon.

99% it isn't
I don't think they'll start a contest at the end of totally unrelated episode

They're turn up in Solaceon in DP60, they're in Solaceon because of the contest. What more do you want?

I find it funny that we’ve gotten to DP 61 and Ash is still nowhere near the third gym.

Shouldn't be much longer, though. Veillstone's only one route away from Solaceon, IIRC.

X_X. Another double airing?? I'd say be prepared for more breaks (and I mean, more than just the usual 1 end of the year break)

I hope the Luxray episode isn't filler. It would be nice if the trainer who owns it (if it isn't wild) ends up being in the contest.

They're turn up in Solaceon in DP60, they're in Solaceon because of the contest. What more do you want?

DP60 = Unown episode... at the ruins... I can't see them at the very end of the episode starting the contest (and even if they'll do the Unown plot will probably take almost all the episode so the last 2 minutes won't help much the contest)

I'd be pretty surprised if Dawn lost yet again. She's lost 3 Contests now (which includes the practice one), and only won 1. Not to mention her last loss was brutal, with her not even making it past the appeals.

The writers would really be pushing it by having her lose again so soon.

Yep. It’s also listed in the Trademarked Romanji as Rentorar.

Rentorar? It's as stupid as "Satsi, Casmi & Tacesi" or "Nalt, Sacla & Sasce". It's ENGRISH! We are no to say for engrish incollect!

I first read "RENTORAA no hitomi" as "RESUTORAN no hitomi". So, I went excited. But no, it's actually Röntler-related filler. Not bad since Röntler (nicknamed Denjiman) is one of my "big three" in Diamond and I like him. But the next episodes are gonna be pretty sweet! Waiting for Tobari, now!

I'd be pretty surprised if Dawn lost yet again. She's lost 3 Contests now (which includes the practice one), and only won 1. Not to mention her last loss was brutal, with her not even making it past the appeals.

The writers would really be pushing it by having her lose again so soon.

The unofficial one doesn't really count
And anyway wheter it's one episode or more doesn't say anything about her winning or not
It's simply stupid to make a contest one episode only especialy when 4 important characters participate and we see for the first time two of them meet on screen and also probably will get more things happen there before the contest actually start... it'll be totally rushed just like DP49

Someone on Serebii copy pasted the titles I wrote (which is how google translate it) and Sushi corrected DP60 title to "Unown of the Solaceon Ruins"

I guess Luxray's eyes refer to it's X-Ray ability the Pokedex mentions.

Kinda though Luxio would appear first, but oh well.

And look like we'll see the Unown ruins, which is neat. The last Unown episode was spectacular.

And wait? How do we know the Contest is only one episode? For all we known DP 62 could be the conclusion.

We'll see what happens, but as I said some 1-part Contests have been very good (Harley's debut Contest, the Salaryman one, the Brianna one, and the Harley beating May one), so I'm sure they can pull it off here too. Most 2-part Contests are required when new characters are introduced or for plot stuff (like Harley teaming up with TR), but since they're not introducing any new coordinators it seems than 1 part should be alright.

Yeah, I LOVED Harley's Contest episode. That was 30-minutes of awesomeness, and they even got a chance to show off Harley's stuff.

The Salaryman also fit in a nice backstory and battle as well.

And wait? How do we know the Contest is only one episode? For all we known DP 62 could be the conclusion.

Hopefully
But I think until now every two-part contest titles were revealed together not? also it'd make more sense to air the two contest episodes together like they did with DP26-27 instead of one part of the contest with unrelated episode

as I said some 1-part Contests have been very good

DP49 was good too
But that didn't prevent it from being rushed
Any contest should be at least two episodes (it's already irritating they skip battles against not important characters... every contest is supposed to be a little tournament and we only get to see one or two battles... they even didn't show us Dawn's first contest battle in her first contest! and that was two episodes! so they really shouldn't make any contest one episode only)

Probably because Dawn's first battle was against some random character.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom