• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP59-61 titles

Yeah, but considering that was Dawn's first Contest battle ever...its pretty ridiculous that it was skipped.

The D/P Contest arc is also somewhat odd as it seems to want to focus on a small group of coordinators instead of introducing new ones, I wonder if the writers are doing this on purpose?

I first read "RENTORAA no hitomi" as "RESUTORAN no hitomi". So, I went excited. But no, it's actually Röntler-related filler. Not bad since Röntler (nicknamed Denjiman) is one of my "big three" in Diamond and I like him. But the next episodes are gonna be pretty sweet! Waiting for Tobari, now!

Since when was R"E" a low O sound? 0_0

Either they're going to do a few minor fillers until Veilstone, or it'll be longer to get there. All we can do is wait a few months.

As for the contest, I doubt they'd go ahead and drive her losing streak down into a hole to China. I have a feeling she'll win this after the humiliating loss. Development is really needed at this point, IMO.

It's simply stupid to make a contest one episode only especialy when 4 important characters participate and we see for the first time two of them meet on screen

Wait, when where the summaries revealed? These are just the titles, are they not? Zoey, Nando, Kenny (or any combination of the three) may not show up. It's probably just a little presumptuous to assume that all four main contest battlers will show up.

Wait, when where the summaries revealed? These are just the titles, are they not? Zoey, Nando, Kenny (or any combination of the three) may not show up. It's probably just a little presumptuous to assume that all four main contest battlers will show up.

I meant Dawn/Zoey/Kenny/Jessie
Zoey is revealing the next contest is in Solaceon just like she did with Hearthome so like than she'd probably be there too
And Kenny might be in the episode too and if so he might also be there
And so far Jessie participated in every contest in DP so I guess she'll do so again
I know we can't know for sure who will participate but this is what I think now by what we know
And even if it's only Dawn and another one I think it's still deserves two episodes

DP60 = Unown episode... at the ruins... I can't see them at the very end of the episode starting the contest (and even if they'll do the Unown plot will probably take almost all the episode so the last 2 minutes won't help much the contest)

Given the more accurate title translation, point taken.

I'd be pretty surprised if Dawn lost yet again. She's lost 3 Contests now (which includes the practice one), and only won 1. Not to mention her last loss was brutal, with her not even making it past the appeals.

The writers would really be pushing it by having her lose again so soon.

Depends what the writers have planned. For all we know DP62 could turn out to be a "crisis of faith" plot, with Dawn wondering whether she should be a coordinator at all...

I first read "RENTORAA no hitomi" as "RESUTORAN no hitomi". So, I went excited. But no, it's actually Röntler-related filler. Not bad since Röntler (nicknamed Denjiman) is one of my "big three" in Diamond and I like him. But the next episodes are gonna be pretty sweet! Waiting for Tobari, now!

I'm lost. Which one's Röntler again?

Still, filler or not, I have a feeling the Luxray one's gonna be f***ing sweet!

Depends what the writers have planned. For all we know DP62 could turn out to be a "crisis of faith" plot, with Dawn wondering whether she should be a coordinator at all...

Maybe Dawn's mother can appear for an ep and "educate" her daughter. For a Mom who was a Grand Festival winner, she sure does do a lazy job trying to make sure her daughter becomes as good as her.

Rentorar? It's as stupid as "Satsi, Casmi & Tacesi" or "Nalt, Sacla & Sasce". It's ENGRISH! We are no to say for engrish incollect!

Excited is an emotion, and you can't physically/mentally "go" to it. I love how you pointed out an example of "engrish", and then just went and totally did it yourself.

And for whoever said that you "suspected" Hikari to lose her next contest, if you suspect something, it implies certainty. However, it also implies uncertainty, but most of the time it's used when you think whatever you're saying is a fact.

Ehh, I hope this in some weird way ends up being a 2-parter contest, all though I wouldn't mind a nicely animated/well scripted contest that only lasted for one episode.

Well, if the writers want Dawn to finish collecting her ribbons at relatively the same time as Ash gets all his badges (meaning, she gets ribbon number 5 before or after the 8th gym) then we could probably expect at least 2 or 3 more losses for her, unless they decide to have a couple of gyms all in a row, with no contests in-between. While it would be kind of harsh to have her lose two times in a row, they are going to have to pack those losses in somewhere, and it could be interesting character development, as cassius suggested.

This Unown episode... first appearance of ? and ! in the anime? I wonder... could they, by putting it just before a contest, make it so Dawn gets the letter seals?

Maybe Dawn's mother can appear for an ep and "educate" her daughter. For a Mom who was a Grand Festival winner, she sure does do a lazy job trying to make sure her daughter becomes as good as her.

*wince* Plausible, but that could also make things infinitely worse. When I screw up, the last thing I need is my mother driving the fact into the ground with a hammer. Same could happen to Dawn.

And for whoever said that you "suspected" Hikari to lose her next contest, if you suspect something, it implies certainty. However, it also implies uncertainty, but most of the time it's used when you think whatever you're saying is a fact.

Only in really bad detective stories.

The problem is Dawn herself. She knows that, unless she is *absolutely* spectacular, she is living in her mother's shadow as a coordinator. If Dawn loses again, the only way for her to avoid a total emotional meltdown is if she did damn well in her match. Either way, Dawn's pride is likely to be hurting afterwards.

I would expect either to happen, really. Both are excellent fodder for storytelling, especially if she loses.

So many frequent losses can be tiring on the viewer though. The writers should just make less Contests then if they're just going to have her lose again and again. Instead they should space them out a bit more to make them feel more "special" like they used to feel.

This is technically going to be Dawn's 5th Contest and Ash has only been in 2 Gyms in comparison. And considering the writers are recycling the same rivals instead of creating new one-shot coordinators, a lot of them are going to feel redundant.

So many frequent losses can be tiring on the viewer though.

Oh... that, I think, depends on the viewer. Seeing Ash and May losing always made me feel bad (even when I hated Ash back in my stupider days), but Hikari makes me feel mean.

Since when was R"E" a low O sound? 0_0

Ever since "Ö" was a low O sound, which has yet to happen :p

"Röntler", though.. where do you get the "-tler" part from? Bulbapedia says "-torar" comes from "tora", the Japanese word for tiger.

well, here is the summary of the Luxray eppy:

DP59: Ash and friends get lost in the forest where they find an old castle. There they meet a girl detective Marble and her Luxray, with whom they together try to protect the treasure in the castle.

Source: Pokeani
(Original Source: Dengeki Nintendo DS)

Oooh! Sounds pretty neat somewhat.

Wonder who they are protecting the treasure from?

well, here is the summary of the Luxray eppy:

DP59: Ash and friends get lost in the forest where they find an old castle. There they meet a girl detective Marble and her Luxray, with whom they together try to protect the treasure in the castle.

Source: Pokeani
(Original Source: Dengeki Nintendo DS)

Filler place, filler character, blah blah blah.

I just hope it will be an enjoyable filler and that Mabel will be a good character (detective girl sounds pretty sexy) and that two next episodes will be good (but double airing is not a good sign)

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom