• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP66+DP67 titles & summaries

Hm, I hope Zoey finds out that Dawn did a Gym battle afterwards though. I want to see her reaction.

She probably won't care if Dawn just tried one gym to check what she likes better
She has a problem with doing both at the same time... and even that seems to be more calm now after her battle with Nando

Also I forgot to add in my previous post that Dawn also did battle Gardenia... in tag battle with Ash against Gardenia and James but still... and Pachirisu beat Gardenia's Turtwig

Do people just ignore the contests where Combusken isn't used in the battle round or something? Pochama is Dawn's badass Pokémon. It already took down a friggin' Prinplup to get her first ribbon! It will put up a strong fight against Lucario.

And now I really want to see Zoey's reaction.

Even without Prinplup... Piplup is as good as Buizel and even better
So if Buizel is "allowed" to win so should Piplup

Do people just ignore the contests where Combusken isn't used in the battle round or something? Pochama is Dawn's badass Pokémon. It already took down a friggin' Prinplup to get her first ribbon! It will put up a strong fight against Lucario.

And now I really want to see Zoey's reaction.

Whoa man. You're alive! :O

Also, what's the big deal if she loses or wins the battle with Maylene? It's funny how this fandom overreacts over the most unimportant things, especially those who think everything they say is the holy truth.

The point with Prinplup's battle in this scenario is that Piplup can take on strong Pokémon. It won't win the battle but it will do well.

The point with Prinplup's battle in this scenario is that Piplup can take on strong Pokémon. It won't win the battle but it will do well.

If it can't win, then Buizel can't win either since Piplup is blantantly stronger than it.

And why it can't win? why Buizel can and Piplup can't?
Again I don't say Piplup must win but I think people shouldn't say "X can't beat Y" no matter who are we talking about and especially when Piplup is shown as at least equal in power to Buizel and I see people accepting Buizel winning but no Piplup

Let's see what they did in important battles or contests... and how long they're on the show as some use that as excuse for Piplup to lose despite how Buizel is here much longer

Piplup:
- 67 episodes at that point... for the whole of DP
- Is like Dawn's version of Pikachu
- Has Peck which is a flying type move
- Is Dawn's strongest
- Beat Buneary and BUIZEL and thanks to it Dawn caught them (though first it lost to Buizel but than won)
- Did a perfect appeal in it and Dawn's first contest that made her pass
- Could stop the Steelix in the Bidoof episode with its Bubblebeam for a nice amount of time
- Beat Jessie's Dustox in a contest (and this is the same Dustox that won against Kenny's Prinplup in a contest so we should count it despite being TR's Pokémon... Jessie seems better than Dawn at contests currently)
- Proved it can be better than its evolved form and beat Kenny's Prinplup in a contest battle (also beat Bagon in that contest) and Dawn got her first ribbon thanks to it
- Together with Ash's Turtwig they beat Quilava and Croconaw
- Together with Buizel they did well against that Onix in DP46
- While she didn't pass it did a good appeal with Pachi in Hearthome (she didn't pass because the others were better... yeah right... not because she was bad)
- In the tag battles tournament it beat Scyther
- It beat Ash's Chimchar
- It and Yumomi's Swinub tied with Ash's Chimchar and Brock's Sudowoodu

Buizel:
- 33 episodes, 12 as Ash's
- Beat Pikachu/Glameow/Piplup in a row after beating some other trainers' Pokémon
- I can't remember how well it did against Lucian... but the fact it didn't listen to Dawn already says it probably wasn't that good...
- Lost with Buneary against Ash's Pikachu and Aipom
- Trained with Buneary until eventually perfected the Aqua Jet and Ice Beam combo with it (offscreen as Dawn said that in DP49... I think)
- Lost its battle together with Heracross against Ash's Chimchar and Paul's Electabuzz

So really they both good and it doesn't seems like one of them is that much better than the other (though Piplup seems a little better...)
I love them both and Lucario too but people are exaggerating with Lucario - it's not a legendary and isn't anything special than any other evolved Pokémon

I can really see it happen like that:
Pachirisu beats Meditite but lose to Machoke
Ambipom beats Machoke but lose to Lucario (but still do some damage to it)
Piplup beats Lucario

What is so unbelieveable here?
Dawn is great and so is Piplup
Also Dawn and Pachi could beat Gardenia's Turtwig that Ash's Staravia couldn't beat and Ash's Turtwig lost to before it won

I think the message here comes much better if Dawn wins
She'll win but she'll not continue this because she don't like it
So she'll hard work now to be good at what she really likes
I think this is much better than "I'm bad at gyms... back to contests" because you do something because you like it and not because you're good at it! not to mention one lose shouldn't tell her she's worse at gyms as she also lost her first contest... and winning also doesn't say she's better at gyms since she also has one ribbon

Well will just have to wait and see I guess your right about Pipulp but I think Buziel will win becuase Ash needs his third bagde. That or his other two Pokemon will win it for him and Buziel will loose. I don't see Pipulp winning either, Lurico is a strong Pokemon. Course Paul won I'm assuming since the gym leader lost her confidince in her battle with him. But than agian he does have some major strong Pokemon. But I am rooting for Buziel, he's one of my favorite Pokemon.

Edit;

If Dawn wins at her first gym it will show gyms are eazy compared to contests when that's not true. There both pretty hard, Ash had a hard time defeating his first gym. I am hoping she looses but gains a stratigie for her contests.

Well will just have to wait and see I guess your right about Pipulp but I think Buziel will win becuase Ash needs his third bagde. That or his other two Pokemon will win it for him and Buziel will loose.

I am abit doubtful it can beat Lucario, sure it could beat Meditite or Machoke, but Lucario's pushing it, especially knowing that Piplup is stronger(and most don't see it winning), and it hasn't been trained much either since Ash got it either.

Personally i hope it does lose and goes on an emo streak until they get to pastoria and recovers by beating Crasher Wake's Floatsel since we all know that's pratically a given battle.

If Dawn wins at her first gym it will show gyms are eazy compared to contests when that's not true.

Not really, let us not forget that Maylene is also trying to get her self esteem back so neither girl is at the top of her game during Dawn's match, not to mention Dawn does have the battle experiance to take a gym on so it's not like she's at a disadvantage.

There both pretty hard, Ash had a hard time defeating his first gym.

Mostly because he was more concerned about showing Paul up than winning the battle, and it's ironic he took a strategy Dawn came up with and won his rematch with it.

I am hoping she looses but gains a stratigie for her contests.

I hope she wins or it ends in a draw, that way she'll relise her battling skills are 100% perfect and that she needs to concentrate on appeals more.

Also, what's the big deal if she loses or wins the battle with Maylene? It's funny how this fandom overreacts over the most unimportant things, especially those who think everything they say is the holy truth.

Well it is interesting to keep track of a characters win/loss streak. If Dawn loses the Gym battle, this character will have had no wins since the Kenny Contest.

Dawn's lost 4 out of 5 Contests, the tag battle tournament, the battle with Lucian, random battles with Zoey/Ash, and she might lose this Gym battle too.
It would be nice to see Dawn finally start winning again, or else suicide might be an option. :p

It's funny how this fandom overreacts over the most unimportant things, especially those who think everything they say is the holy truth.

I miss the days when people would say "May will win because she's a cheapass bitch!" and the argument was over. :(
None of this analyzing stuff.

I think this is much better than "I'm bad at gyms... back to contests" because you do something because you like it and not because you're good at it! not to mention one lose shouldn't tell her she's worse at gyms as she also lost her first contest... and winning also doesn't say she's better at gyms since she also has one ribbon

Yeah, or Team Rocket will interrupt the battle and both will have their confidence back.

Too bad Gym battles can't end in a tie. Like the final AG Contest with both Ash/May winning, that would be good.

We don't know for sure that they can't. We've seen two Pokemon knocked out at the same time before in a Gym Battle, and in Paul's battle against Roark it almsot ended as a tie.

Obviously they can end in a tie... the question is what happens if they tie? you get the badge?

I can see the tie thing, that would be way better than a win to me I guess. Also I was talking about Ash first gym battle in Kanto in D/P.
Was that when he first meet Brock? I forget. Any who if Dawn loss I can see her gaining confidince back either way, why you say? Becuase she put up a tough battle and fought one of the best gym leaders in this saga. It would also give her some good ideas to win in a contest at the same time. Really, I'd just rather see her loose but agian will see what happens, this saga has been very suprising.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom