• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP66+DP67 titles & summaries

The way I see it, Staravia's gotta get it's due by beating the last opponent, Lucario. Chimchar'll get it's chance against the myriad of leaders weak to fire, Buizel's got a Floatzel match to look forward to, we know Turtwig will get another shot, especially if it evolves, and you don't even have to mention Pikachu. Staravia, though, will most likely not fight Wake, and if it goes against Fantina, it probably won't clench the match. It probably won't even get another chance at a proper gym battle until after it evolves, and even then it may be refused entry to fight the resistant Steel and trumping Ice- and Electric-types. This is basically Staravia's last chance at real gym glory, especially as Staravia, where it'll count for more than being fully evolved. Maybe it's a pipe dream, but I really hope it gets its chance to shine here and not come to another Eterna fiasco.

I really hope Staravia gets used too. After the awesomeness of Swellow, it'll be a real shame if Starvia can't live up to its high standards.

On the bright side, at least Staravia can't possibly be treated as bad as Noctowl was. Yikes, the poor owl barely did anything when it was around and its been pretty much forgotten along with the rest of the Johto Pokemon he had since they can't hold a candle to his other teams in terms of strength.

If its not used here hopefully Staravia will evolve toward mid-Sinnoh and take off from there.

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

AT LAST! WE GET TO VEILSTONE. AFTER GOD KNOWS HOW LONG.

I can NOT wait for the Gym Battle next month then. XD

Noctowl was only good against Morty. After that it was only used for scouting. I hate Staravia's voice. Fat lady. And the design concept for Staraptor isn't appealing (referring to its head.

So Taillow-Swellow = Pidgeotto-Pidgeot?

Cool! Paul with a Gliscor!

I'm upset that in the games it's not as easy to get Gligar. So the only way we can "see" Glisscor is if another trainer has it?

Scott85 said:
Please let the wait between the third and fourth Gyms be shorter...

It should be. There aren't a lot of quests between Veilstone and Pastoria. Do they have to backtrack to Solaceon and Hearthome, or go south to the Lake Valor, its lakefront, the restaurant, then the Great Marsh to get there?

And once they go past the Hearthome gym, it'll get long again. The Psyduck and the fog, Celestic Town where we'll see (belly dancer/Paul pwning/unstoppable Garchomp) Cynthia again, then go all the way to past Jubilife Canalave, then through Mt. Coronet to Snowpoint (another eight months).

You know, I wonder if the gang will visit the Great Marsh. They didn't visit the Safari Zone in Hoenn, but D&P seems to be keeping more in touch with the games.

Maybe, but as said, the writers tend to keep the characters captures limited nowadays and not go on a capturing frenzy like they did in Season 1.

I don't see Ash, Dawn or Brock making any captures for a while, their teams had a lot of changes recently and their Pokemon still need more focus.

Shinji appearance and no filler character.

Niah, I wait for Tobari. This episode doesn't look good.

Some Pokeani guy claims that the title of 14 Feb ep (DP67) is revealed:

ヒカリ!初めてのジムバトル!!

Dawn! The First Gym Battle!!

or

Dawn's First Gym Battle!!

Source: TV JAPAN
Quote: 2月14日のサブタイがTV JAPANにて判明。
なんと・・・・!!「ヒカリ!初めてのジムバトル!!」

Surprising...isn't it?

New info about Gliscor episode:

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/19406_200801241900.html

It seems is Paul who will try catch one of the bats, but I'm unsure (I'm still using google translator to understand...).

trial translations:

When Ash is training Turtwig to learn Energy Ball, a crowd of Gliscor & Gligar begin to attach them. They eat up all the nuts & fruits on nearby trees and they scramble for the guys' lunch as well. After that, they just run away. Officer Jenny and her fellows from the town plan to capture these stray Gliscor & Gligar lost in this city and then send them back to the forest where they originally belong, however...

PS: Officer Jenny, Nurse Joy & Paul will be in this ep.

OMG!!! O_O"

Guy, it seems Veilstone city arc will be so longer as the others Sinnoh gym's arcs. Dawn might be VERY confused about her career choice...

I'd love to see Dawn try her hand at Gym battles. Ignoring for the moment how much it would piss off Zoey, I wonder how Dawn switching to Gyms would affect the whole Aipom/Buizel business. The chances of a trade-back improve if the entire reason for the trade no longer exists...

Wow. D/P is just twisting like a twisty thing.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom