• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP66+DP67 titles & summaries

PPK

Dora-Pokemon
Reaction score
Confirmed DP67 title from Pokeani:

ヒカリはじめてのジムバトル!!
Dawn's First Gym Battle!!

------------------------------------------------------------

source: New Type
http://pc.webnt.jp/anime/detail0072090108.html

the temporary title of DP66 (to be aired on 7 Feb) is

ルカリオ! 怒りのはどうだん!!(仮)

Lucario! Aura Sphere in a Rage (or Aura Sphere of Anger)!

translated summaries:

Summary of the Maid Cafe ep:

During their travel to Veilstone City, Ash & friends decide to go to a Maid Cafe by the suggestion of Brock. They are warmly welcomed by the 'Maids' and they have a taste of Miltank's milk, but they also learn about the Maids' worries...

Summary of the hot spring ep:

Ash & co. pays a visit to a hot spring resort run by the family of Yumomi, another childhood friend of Dawn. They jumps into the outdoor hot spring, but the water is freezing cold and they can't stay inside. They ask Yumomi why, but...

updated version from TV Tokyo site:
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/19406_200801171900.html

During the travel to Veilstone City where the next Gym is located, Dawn suggests they take a refreshing hot spring tour and so they pays a visit to a nearby hot spring resort run by the family of Yumomi, another childhood friend of Dawn. Yumomi and Dawn are extremely excited to see each other again after a long separation. The guys can't wait to take a break and enjoy the time and they jumps into the outdoor hot spring all at once, but there is little water in the spring and the water is cold and it's impossible to stay inside. They find Yumomi and ask her why, she says there is no longer spring water coming out of its source. To find out why that happens, Ash and friends begin the investigation together with Yumomi and her Swinub.

Summary of the Gliscor ep:

When Ash is training Turtwig, a crowd of the "Fang Scorp Pokemon" Gliscor & "Flyscorpion Pokemon" Gligar begin to attach Ash & co.

(& I guess this is when Turtwig manages to master Energy Ball)

updated version from TV Tokyo site:
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/19406_200801241900.html

When Ash is training Turtwig to learn Energy Ball, a crowd of Gliscor & Gligar begin to attach them. They eat up all the nuts & fruits on nearby trees and they scramble for the guys' lunch as well. After that, they just run away. Officer Jenny and her fellows from the town plan to capture these stray Gliscor & Gligar lost in this city and then send them back to the forest where they originally belong, however...

PS: Officer Jenny, Nurse Joy & Paul will be in this ep.

Summary of the Hippowdon ep:

When our heroes' Pokemon are having a fun time in a sandpit, a Hippowdon appears from within. However the over-curious Pachirisu can't help peeping into the mouth of Hippowdon and accidentally falls into it...

Summary of the Lucario ep:

Ash & co. finally arrives at Veilstone City. In the forest outside the town, they witness the firce battle of a female martial-artist and the "Aura Pokemon" Lucario. The girl is revealed to be Maylene, Gym Leader of the city. On knowing that, Ash asks for a gym battle immediately, however...

Last edited:
Babalflash Translation:

サトシ which arrives at トバリシティ, the girl of grapple house manner and, "witnesses the battle whose how Luke Rio of ポケモン" is extreme with the forest of the town end. The girl that スモモ of the gym leader as for サトシ which is known, right away applies gym game to her, but.......

That suprising. I couldn´t emagine that the next gym battle is in February,

The Lucario episode sounds awesome.

Finally, Tobari!

Takeshi's suggestion? Why am I not surprised? xD;

Lucario! Aura Sphere in a Rage (or Aura Sphere of Anger)!

Ash & co. finally arrives at Veilstone City. In the forest outside the town, they witness the fierce battle of a female martial-artist and the "Aura Pokemon" Lucario. The girl is revealed to be Maylene, Gym Leader of the city. On knowing that, Ash asks for a gym battle immediately, however...

So Maylene and Lucario are fighting? Maylene can use Aura, perhaps?

Yes, of course there's another delay *sigh*. But at least they've finally reached Veilstone!

actually I can't figure out whether it is a Maylene VS Lucario battle or a Maylene with Lucario VS other trainer battle. The word と (normally means 'and' or 'with') can be confusing here.

I'm suspecting that Chimchar could evolve in this episode. Maybe something makes Lucario turn into some kin of "irreversible frenzy of rage" and it's out of control. Ash, Dawn and Brock try to help the Gym Leader, and knowing that Lucario is also a Steel Type Pokemon, Ash try to use Chimchar to stop him. It doesn't work very fine and, as his last resource, Chimchar evolves to Monferno to be equal to Lucario and he's finally able to stop his rage defeating him. Later, in the official Pokemon Battle, Monferno and Lucario battle each other again as two "honorable Fighting Pokemons" (possibly in the final match of the battle) and with Monferno's victory, Ash wins a new badge.

Well, what do you think?.

I'm surprisd that Maylene having a Lucario was actually a surprise to someone. And remember the last time Ash met a Lucario?

Mew almost died, an assault was waged on the Regi Trio, thousands of ancient pokemon almost lost their habitat, Ash and his friends got devoured by blood cells, and Lucario died. Oh yeah, and Ash got in a brawl with the Lucario. I wouldn't want to fight a Lucario with Anger Management problems...

Anyways, you can use a Pokemon's moveset to approxiamte its level. Chimchar knows Flamethrower. It could evolve into an Infernape if it wanted to. I doubt that theory.

Ash will probably need a rematch. Unless his Staravia evolves into Staraptor. Then Maylene's going down...

Last edited:
I'm against this whole Chimchar evolution thing, or any any pokémon evolving to win the inevitable match, and fully endorse Mukubird being the pokémon of choice to KO Lucario. Not only to knock Lucario down a peg, but to also halt some of the negative critisism the bird has been getting for being 'weak' and 'useless'.

Yay!

Maylene uses her Lucario!

That episode is gonna be AWESOME!! :-D

The anger management problem (or whatever) with Lucario sounds....interesting.

I hope that Ash won't have to use his own Aura, though. He's already used up some of it, from what happened in the 8th movie (he could've died, if Lucario hadn't saved him!). I mean, I'm worried that if Ash uses his Aura again, then he could hurt himself badly! O.O

I wonder if there's a certain individual limit that people have, for how much Aura they are allowed to use (without dying)....

Last edited:
I hope Ash won't have to use his own Aura, though. He's already used up some of it, from what happened in the 8th movie (he could've died, if Lucario hadn't saved him!). Anyway, I'm worried that if Ash uses his Aura again, he could hurt himself badly.

Since when do the plots from the movie appear in the anime?

Well, they don't....

But, Ash is a very heroic guy. And remember, he always has that need to "save people and Pokemon" in the anime.

All I'm saying is that, it might not be the same exact plot from the movie, but Ash might feel the need to save the day. So he might "offer" to use his own Aura for some purpose in that episode. And that's really all I meant by that.

I'm suspecting that Chimchar could evolve in this episode. Maybe something makes Lucario turn into some kin of "irreversible frenzy of rage" and it's out of control. Ash, Dawn and Brock try to help the Gym Leader, and knowing that Lucario is also a Steel Type Pokemon, Ash try to use Chimchar to stop him. It doesn't work very fine and, as his last resource, Chimchar evolves to Monferno to be equal to Lucario and he's finally able to stop his rage defeating him. Later, in the official Pokemon Battle, Monferno and Lucario battle each other again as two "honorable Fighting Pokemons" (possibly in the final match of the battle) and with Monferno's victory, Ash wins a new badge.

Well, what do you think?.

That brings back my "Maylene saves Meditite for last" theory.

I hope that Ash won't have to use his own Aura, though. He's already used up some of it, from what happened in the 8th movie (he could've died, if Lucario hadn't saved him!). I mean, I'm worried that if Ash uses his Aura again, then he could hurt himself badly! O.O

I wonder if there's a certain individual limit that people have, for how much Aura they are allowed to use (without dying)....

For Aura, read "lifeforce". I suspect it can regenerate over time, so it's possible Ash is back up to full capacity (or near it) by now. Besides, I doubt simple uses like Aura Sense or Aura Sphere use up more than a tiny fraction of someone's Aura.

Last edited:
Wait, they finally reach Veilstone City?!

HALLELUJAH!

But I was expecting Riolu, oh well, Lucario is cool as well :\

Ah, I see.

Thank you, cassius335! ^_^

For the longest time, I've been trying to figure out how Aura works when it's used by humans in the anime. That really confused me!

But anyway, that's a very good explanation you have.

And for Ash's sake, I really hope that's the case. I don't want him to get hurt badly, or have to sacrifice himself again (that always happens with Ash).

Also, I didn't think of that "simple uses" thing. It's probably true that, doing small things like what you mentioned doesn't use up very much of a person's Aura. Yeah, that makes sense.

And overall, I think that's a very good theory you have about Aura! ^^

*rubs eyes*

Veilstone City? You mean we're finally there? You mean we're actually at the next Gym?

I think it'll still be another 2 or so episodes till Ash actually wins the badge, since this sounds like a standard intro ep.

I wonder if this Lucario will be telepathic. I suspect that would complicate things too much...

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom