• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP83 title

I'm thinking Turtwig beats Quagsire and Buizel beats Gyarados then those two get owned by Floatzel(Buizel puts up a decent fight though) and then Pikachu comes in a finishes the job.

I'm thinking Pikachu one-shots Gyarados (upsetting Maxie, because that's no fun at all), Quagsire forces Pikachu to be recalled, Turtwig beats Quagsire, Floatzel finishes off Turtwig in one hit, Floatzel beats Buizel, Pikachu beats Floatzel (though the otter puts up one hell of a fight).

Maybe the Pikachu/Gyarados battle will be a repeat of the Claire battle with those two.

Hikozaru and Naetle aren't going to evolve until sometime after July 19.......

i'm keeping optimistic about that, and praying the former goes in this upcoiming episode revolving around him, after all things can be subjective to update before movies air.

I'm thinking Pikachu one-shots Gyarados (upsetting Maxie, because that's no fun at all), Quagsire forces Pikachu to be recalled, Turtwig beats Quagsire, Floatzel finishes off Turtwig in one hit, Floatzel beats Buizel, Pikachu beats Floatzel (though the otter puts up one hell of a fight).

This seems good except Buizel won't have gotten a single win and i want it to get one because too many people are bashing it and saying how weak it is.

Buizel's strength isn't my problem, it's his pride. If 3 trainers are trying to catch you at once, you friggen RUN, not keep popping out of the pokeball till they give up.
If anyone's evolving in ep 81 it's Gligar.

^the episode is centered around Chimchar, that would be disheartning for Gligar to evolve during it, not to mention Ash still needs to find a razor fang for it, and it evolves at night too.

Lombre needed a water stone to evolve and he conveniently found one. I want Gliscor to get it's (though likely hers since she seems to be Aipoms replacement)own episode but the clock is ticking for the movie. We only have like 5 episodes left!

I think Gligar is going to be in the next gym since it pounced on Satoshi when he was wondering who his third Pokemon should be.

^I like Gligar but i don't want it to be in the next Gym because it think it'll get owned and I don't want that. However if its a Gliscor by then it may stand a chance against one of Wake's pokemon.

This ep airs only a month before the movie so they only have a few eps left to evolve Gligar in.

We're probably going to get that Swinub capture ep soon too.

Anyone know who's the AD for this episode? It cannot be Iwane cuz he's doing 82 /cry

Maybe it's gonna be Shimura again (who has done all the other gym battles). Shimura did DP 79.

Takeda hasn't done an episode since 73..and Tamagawa hasn't done an ep since 72.. maybe one of those.

This ep airs only a month before the movie so they only have a few eps left to evolve Gligar in.

We're probably going to get that Swinub capture ep soon too.

Unless they break convention and evolve Gligar during the early parts of movie (perhaps during Together2008 Movie Edit)

Unless they break convention and evolve Gligar during the early parts of movie (perhaps during Together2008 Movie Edit)
Nah, the screenshot we have is probably from the "World of Pokémon" segment.

My theory is that Gligar will be evolved by the end of this episode and then Swinub us caught in one of the next three.

Pokeani mentions something about Pikachu and Buizel working toghether or something....

Not buizel AGAIN.
he was the star of veilstone,the mikuri cup,and yet again has a major role here!?
I understand that being a water type,and pikachu as an electric is a smart comination,but turtwig has't done much since learing energy ball.
Chimchar not really being used makes sense,since he is fire,and most likely will have big roles at the steel and ice gyms.

Not buizel AGAIN.
he was the star of veilstone,the mikuri cup,and yet again has a major role here!?

Ehum, what? The "star" of veilstone? He only managed to draw with Lucario, who already had taken dmg from Chimchar. Plus, Swift Swim and learning a new move too.. still he tied. I don't call that a "star".

And in the Mikuri cup he lost too. This gym is imo where he should do a Staravia, defeat 2 enemies before going down himself.

I knew I was off at veilstone a bit because I did't see any more thant pics ,but at least it can be considered a major role.And the rain and such..
Most gyms have two main pokemon.one who shines at the main pokemon at the end,and another usually does well at other pokemon of the team.

gym 1: mid:pikachu(I believe..) main:turtwig
gym 2 : mid: turtwig main:apidom
Gym 3: mid: staravia(but he can be considered the real force) main:buizel(he drawed,but that whole rain thing was kind of ''go buizel,special circumstances that always are thought of or happen at the final poke are with you!'')

gym 4: mid: gligar/sor ? main: pikachu and buizel? (this contradicts.A lot)

In buizels case he would normally have a calmer period before he gets a big chance,but I think that because of gym typing later on he has a nice streak in this gym.

I don't mind buizel,but that it gets a somewhat important role again tickles me off.
And it is not about deserving a win,but buizel just got a lot important usage.

And losing at mikuri does not really count that much,ash and buizel mainly do regular fights.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom