• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Dragalge vs Kingdra

Dr. Buni

Take me away from here...
Reaction score
Seems like no one made a thread about those two yet. Feel free to lock this thread, if there is already one.

RZiwS6F.png

- Which has the better design?
- Which one is easier to train?
- Which one has the better type?
- Which is more useful throughout the game?
- Which is more useful in the competitive environment?

Edit: And as usual, I forgot the poll. Hopefully a moderator will add it later. :mallet:

Both of these Pokémon are really cool, but I would have to pick Dragalge.
-Better Design: Dragalge, especially the sickly green colouration of its shiny.
-Easier to Train: Haven't used either of them on a team before, but I would assume Kingdra.
-Better Type: Probably Kingdra, although Dragalge's STAB Sludge Waves let it hit Fairy-Types super-effectively.
-More Useful: Kingdra again, since it gets STAB on Surf and Waterfall.
-Better Competitively: It depends. Dragalge hits harder thanks to Adaptability, but is really slow, while Kingdra can sweep thanks to Swift Swim, but doesn't hit as hard as Adaptability Dragalge.

Both are great Pokemon, but I'd give it to Dragalge.

I like Kingdra's cleaner and more elegant design, but am also a fan of Dragalge's weedy and grungy style. It also looks more like a dragon in my opinion, which is a plus.

Hm... Well, I haven't trained either, but I'm going to call it a tie. Dragalge has more weaknesses, but also more resistances and a larger move-pool to counter different types of Pokemon. Kingdra only has two weaknesses, but a rather small move-pool in terms of type diversity and can't hit fairy-types with anything.

As poison is my favorite type, I would have to go with Dragalge.

Not too sure, as it would depend on the user, their team, and the region.

Like above, I think both are equally as good. Dragalge can hit hard with Adaptability, but Kingdra can hit fast with Swift Swim. Not too familiar with the competitive scene, but Dragalge is ranked higher by Smogon if that means anything.

Dragalge EASILY. The thing is completely perfect.

Probably Kingdra. Training Skrelp to level 48 is a bit of a pain and Dragalge is really slow afterwards. I really enjoyed using my Dragalge but I'm sure the faster and less grindy Kingdra works out easier.

Both are pretty cool, but I think Dragalge's Poison-typing gives it a bit more personality. Water is a bit drab because it's so common. In terms of usefulness both typings have their pros and cons over each other. Dragalge is a Dragon that doesn't care about Fairies and has a boatload of resistances, while Kingdra has few weaknesses, thanks to Water and Dragon balancing each other out pretty well, and having a better offensive typing. But I'd say Dragalge has it best in the long run because Palkia killed Water/Dragon being a unique combo while Dragalge is still special :)

Probably Kingdra. As I said earlier, Dragalge is dirt slow which means it's also going to be taking hits before giving them, which is never good in-game, especially when it lacks a healing move.

Depends. Kingdra is a cornerstone of rain teams thanks to Swift Swim, so if you're using rain then Kingdra is likely infinitely better than Dragagle for your needs. However outside of rain Kingdra isn't so hot and Dragalge probably fits more teams better due to its good defensive typing, Adaptability boosted power and support like Toxic Spikes. So they both are good for different reasons and hard to compare.

---------------

Skrelp and Dragalge are my #1 favourite Pokemon. Skrelp has been a favourite of mine since it was revealed because the thing looks so damn grumpy and cute. I was very nervous to see what it would evolve into at XY's release, as I didn't know what to expect with how Game Freak works. But thankfully it was perfect and Dragalge is perfect and it's my favourite Pokemon. And they gave it Adaptability after a year of waiting so it's no longer 'bad' in battle. I'm surprised I like it so much, as I've never really cared for Poison-types outside of Roserade and maybe one or two others, so it feels surprising I love the line so much. Kingdra was an old favourite of mine, but it's sort of dropped off my radar lately, maybe because Dragalge has taken the sea dragon place in my heart. So yeah, Dragalge easily wins this for me! I will return when a poll is added by the mods so I can vote for Dragalge!

Which has the better design?
Kingdra is far superior to me. I don't like Dragalge at all.

Which one is easier to train?
Never used either so I don't know.

Which one has the better type?
Kingdra because it's a water-type:)

Which is more useful throughout the game?
Depends on the player.

Kingdra wins overall for me.

I like both, but I vote for Kingdra because Water is my favourite type, it is faster and can hit hard from either side of the attacking spectrum.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom