• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Dragon Mafia- ENDGAME! Mafia wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dragon Mafia- Day One- Tao Trio- 3/2/15

RainbowSkittles has always played that way, being really vague but implying he's town. The one time I recall him being mafia, he gave his affiliation and role out when he was pressured. I'm just worried that this might be the time he'll use his meta to trick us.
Your point? You seem like you're trying to act like RS is scummy while playing it off as paranoid.
Unvote: Kavidun

Since the reason I voted for him can be applied to almost everyone else since I placed it >.>

I totally don't think being new is a get out of jail free card. If MCH had done anything vaguely scummy I would be more than happy to lynch him, new or not. The fact is, he hasn't and since he's also new if we are going to take a potshot at a completely random target it might as well be someone who hasn't contributed yet and isn't new and eager to experience his first game. I also think that if we are going to random vote someone just to avoid a no lynch we should target someone who hasn't bothered getting involved yet.

Hopefully we wont have to target someone quite so randomly so let's start to construct reasons.

First of all did RS just softclaim bomb? That's really scummy. Scum reads so far are RS and Denial. Town reads so far are Rabbit and GastlyGibus. Their posts make sense and strike me as the most genuine. RS is scummy for (see above) and Denial for voting Leggo with no good reason and being flippant when questioned about it by Midorikawa. It's not like him. In fact it's not like him to vote for anyone on D1. Something is amiss. I'm also feeling uneasy about Kyriaki.

For now

Vote: RainbowSkittles

CrackFox, you're saying that RS is scummy for claiming bomb. I personally don't see why it's scummy and if you could elaborate, please do
I looked back at the thread, but the only thing that makes me uncomfortable is RS's bomb claim.

See above.

Your point? You seem like you're trying to act like RS is scummy while playing it off as paranoid.
[Snipped to make post smaller]

CrackFox, you're saying that RS is scummy for claiming bomb. I personally don't see why it's scummy and if you could elaborate, please do
I looked back at the thread, but the only thing that makes me uncomfortable is RS's bomb claim.

See above.

I didn't vote for him, did I? I just said what vibe he gave off for me.

Besides, bomb claim is pretty scummy. Way too easy way to get out of a lynch.

Still not voting him however, his meta is just screaming to me that he's town.

Since the reason I voted for him can be applied to almost everyone else since I placed it >.>

I totally don't think being new is a get out of jail free card. If MCH had done anything vaguely scummy I would be more than happy to lynch him, new or not. The fact is, he hasn't and since he's also new if we are going to take a potshot at a completely random target it might as well be someone who hasn't contributed yet and isn't new and eager to experience his first game. I also think that if we are going to random vote someone just to avoid a no lynch we should target someone who hasn't bothered getting involved yet.

Hopefully we wont have to target someone quite so randomly so let's start to construct reasons.

First of all did RS just softclaim bomb? That's really scummy. Scum reads so far are RS and Denial. Town reads so far are Rabbit and GastlyGibus. Their posts make sense and strike me as the most genuine. RS is scummy for (see above) and Denial for voting Leggo with no good reason and being flippant when questioned about it by Midorikawa. It's not like him. In fact it's not like him to vote for anyone on D1. Something is amiss. I'm also feeling uneasy about Kyriaki.

For now

Thanks to you, @Life; and @Midorikawa; for proving a point I tried to make in a previous game where I said if I do something different instead of my "usual safe thing" and not do my "lazy playstyle" I would be looked on as scummy. This time around I tried to do something different and generate discussion. My vote got some attention and people talking but not as much as I hoped.

Unvote: Leggo

Unvote: Life
Thanks to you, @Life; and @Midorikawa; for proving a point I tried to make in a previous game where I said if I do something different instead of my "usual safe thing" and not do my "lazy playstyle" I would be looked on as scummy. This time around I tried to do something different and generate discussion. My vote got some attention and people talking but not as much as I hoped.
The reason why your vote got attention is because you voted without explaining why you're voting for so-and-so.

It's fine to change playstyles every now and then, but keep in mind to try to explain yourself more or your vagueness might come off as scummy.

That was the point. I did it to try to cause discussion. If I explained it then people would just be like "well ok" and not pay any mind to it again. Plus, you can't really explain a lot of votes in Day 1.

1. @Rabbit;
2. @returnofMCH;
3. @Kyriaki;
4. @Kavidun;
5. @Denial;
6. @Flop;
7. @CrackFox;
8. @Life;
9. @RainbowSkittles;
10. @Leggo;
11. @Midorikawa;
12. @Gafigglethorp;
13. @GastlyGibus;
14. @Rorrimeht Retne;
15. @The_Pikachu;

Midday vote count! Lemme know if I missed anything.

Rabbit I (Kyriaki)
returnofMCH II (Kavidun, Midorikawa)
Denial I (Life)
Life I (Leggo)
RainbowSkittles IV (GastlyGibus, Rabbit, CrackFox, Flop)
GastlyGibus I (The_Pikachu)
No Lynch I (returnofMCH)

That was the point. I did it to try to cause discussion. If I explained it then people would just be like "well ok" and not pay any mind to it again. Plus, you can't really explain a lot of votes in Day 1.

That makes sense.

@The_Pikachu; Bomb is just generally a scummy claim because it's like saying 'if you lynch me bad things wil happen' it's a deterrent.

For the record I can undelete posts as can Paperhorse. We can also view them without restoring them :devil:

You should only be deleting posts if they are accidental duplicates.

Obviously I'm not saying that RS is not mafia, but I'm saying you shouldn't vote him for that reason. Also anyone who uses statistics seriously to joke vote seems a tad scummy imo, especially after HD did it in War Room Mafia, but that might just be paranoid.
In addition, forgive me for using meta, but in some cases it is necessary.
UNVOTE: Midorikawa
VOTE: GastlyGibus

I don't think anybody is joke voting anymore, so I'm not sure what you're saying. Also, I'm a bit confused as to why you're voting for me. Can you elaborate on why I have become your target?

I pressed RainbowSkittles for answers, and I got them, somewhat. I'm leery of his (bomb?) claim, though. If I recall correctly, this wouldn't be the first time he's fake-claimed something to save himself, but really, besides the claim, there's not much else to go off of. For the time being, I will...

Unvote: RainbowSkittles

For now, my thoughts on current events. I think it's safe to trust Return for now (looking back, it looks like I missed a claim that was edited out). I'm not sure why people were voting him in the first place because I'm too lazy to go back and check.

Kyriaki's swift pouncing on Rabbit for defending Return was interesting. Not saying it was scummy or not... but certainly interesting.

Midori, while not suspicious (yet), is still voting Return.

Gaffigglethorp seems pretty neutral so far? Hasn't placed a vote yet, among other, albeit less vocal, players.

So far my best town reads are CrackFox and Rorrimeht. I'm a bit uneasy with Kyriaki and The_Pikachu, but the latter only because she's voting me and I don't know why.

UNVOTE: GastlyGibus
I voted you because you voted RS for his vagueness, something he normally does.

UNVOTE: GastlyGibus
I voted you because you voted RS for his vagueness, something he normally does.

Ah, thank you. Makes sense.

I was partially voting for his vagueness, and partially to get an answer from him, which I did. I understand that it's his usual play-style, but he's used the same methods before as mafia too.

Kyriaki's swift pouncing on Rabbit for defending Return was interesting. Not saying it was scummy or not... but certainly interesting.

I thought it was town of Kyriaki to call out rabbit. If a player (new or not) is acting scummy, and another player defends them, some people would often see the person who has defended the other player as scummy themselves.

(Keep in mind that I'm not saying that I think Return is scum)

@Marius; just so you know. I unvoted Life at the beginning of my last post.

I understand that it's his usual play-style, but he's used the same methods before as mafia too.
I concur with this. It's hard to tell the alignment of some when their game strategy is the same in other games.

We would need luck and cop checks to help us with this kind of dilemma.

Vote: Kyriaki

Like Crackfox and GG, Kyriaki doesn't sit well with me since it seems to me that Kyriaki might be overthinking or finding a reason to vote for Rabbit.

It could be possible that Rabbit is mafia, but I do want to say that this is like the first time I've seen someone defending a new person to be thought as scummy if I'm reading posts right.
As Kyriaki has said, it could be possible that they could be scum buddies or for some reason allied so early in this game.

Though, I think it makes more sense to me that Rabbit could really just be defending roMCH for the sake of sportsmanship and fairness.

Just a side note, for the past 2 years now I've identified as female so I'd appreciate female pronouns - thanks!

@Kavidun; Makes it easier to tell gender when you have a latias over a gardevoir.

@GastlyGibus; What does my vote still being on Return have to do with my alignment? Are you saying he's town?

@Leggo; So you're voting Kyriaki for coming up with a theory???

Due to the fact that there is a lot of players I don't know in this game, and thus don't know what other games they've played in, I was ignoring the RS stuff, but seeing CF jump on him for a bomb claim, and knowing she's played games with him, I'm suspicious. RS is brutually honest and unless someone provides a game where he lied to save himself, and I mean exact quotes, I highly doubt he's lying, because I've seen him come out as mafia. It's his strange play style.

UNVOTE: ReturnofMCH
VOTE: CrackFox

Like I said, players I don't know, and it makes me wonder if CF isn't trying ot manipulate them into an easy lynch.

@returnofMCH; Why vote no lynch?

I thought it was town of Kyriaki to call out rabbit. If a player (new or not) is acting scummy, and another player defends them, some people would often see the person who has defended the other player as scummy themselves.

GastlyGibus; What does my vote still being on Return have to do with my alignment? Are you saying he's town?

Neither of my statements were intended to identify alignments. They were simply observations for my own sake, and to possibly stir discussion. I am not declaring anybody guilty or innocent at this point in time, since it's really too early for that.

That makes sense.

@The_Pikachu; Bomb is just generally a scummy claim because it's like saying 'if you lynch me bad things wil happen' it's a deterrent.

For the record I can undelete posts as can Paperhorse. We can also view them without restoring them :devil:

You should only be deleting posts if they are accidental duplicates.

Why do you think that RS is claiming bomb to stop people from lynching him?

A theory? If following is a theory, Kyriaki overlooked some possibilities. I find it suspicious that she doesn't acknowledge that it could be possible that Rabbit is town.
Possibility: Rabbit and MCH are mafia partners and MCH has a really important role, and Rabbit is trying to get him to survive to the night so he can use his ability.
Possibility2: MCH is actually town, but Rabbit is mafia and by defending an innocent townie there's a chance people will trust him.

Possibility 3: I'm trying to defend someone who's new and nervous about the game from being attacked and eliminated immediately.
Possibility 4: MCH could be mafia and Rabbit could be town.
Possibility 5: MCH and Rabbit are both town.

Also, there's this.
returnofMCH did say he was new to the game. He didn't say he was nervous about the game, and he hasn't said his opinion on possibly getting eliminated, yet.

At least that's what I can tell from the public thread. The only way for you to be the only person to know he's nervous about the game is through private communication. But it's only the first day; there's little to no information about the players in the thread so randomly contacting someone in private is a risky thing to do. If it's not random, then it's highly likely that it's the mafia QT.
Judging from this QT that roMCH sent like to everyone in this game (which I doubt anyone is going to use due to the amount of people who have access to the QT), I can tell that roMCH might be feeling anxious and worried about this game due to this message:
I'm new to mafia games remember, so go easy on me.
This I think is understandable because it would be nerve wrecking for me too if I had to play a mafia game with people who have more experience under their belts than I do.

A theory? If following is a theory, Kyriaki overlooked some possibilities. I find it suspicious that she doesn't acknowledge that it could be possible that Rabbit is town.
Possibility: Rabbit and MCH are mafia partners and MCH has a really important role, and Rabbit is trying to get him to survive to the night so he can use his ability.
Possibility2: MCH is actually town, but Rabbit is mafia and by defending an innocent townie there's a chance people will trust him.

Possibility 3: I'm trying to defend someone who's new and nervous about the game from being attacked and eliminated immediately.
Possibility 4: MCH could be mafia and Rabbit could be town.
Possibility 5: MCH and Rabbit are both town.

Okay. I admit that I didn't think about Rabbit being town, but he was defending MCH just because he's new, which shouldn't be a reason for saving a potential mafia.

Also, there's this.
returnofMCH did say he was new to the game. He didn't say he was nervous about the game, and he hasn't said his opinion on possibly getting eliminated, yet.

At least that's what I can tell from the public thread. The only way for you to be the only person to know he's nervous about the game is through private communication. But it's only the first day; there's little to no information about the players in the thread so randomly contacting someone in private is a risky thing to do. If it's not random, then it's highly likely that it's the mafia QT.
Judging from this QT that roMCH sent like to everyone in this game (which I doubt anyone is going to use due to the amount of people who have access to the QT), I can tell that roMCH might be feeling anxious and worried about this game due to this message:
I'm new to mafia games remember, so go easy on me.
This I think is understandable because it would be nerve wrecking for me too if I had to play a mafia game with people who have more experience under their belts than I do.

I forgot about that QT. In that case, I get why Rabbit would know about MCH being nervous

UNVOTE: RABBIT
VOTE: RAINBOWSKITTLES

RS is being anti-town by saying town is going to regret the lynch and only left a suspicious softclaim. If RS really is the bomb, then mafia won't kill RS, which kills the chances of mafia eliminating themselves on accident, so the claiming made RS' role useless. This, of course, only applies when RS is telling the truth.

But I don't believe the claim. In past games, a lynch bomb has been extremely rare. Also, if RS really has an important power role, saying something so vague and cryptic enough to raise suspicion isn't really the best thing to do unless you don't mind the risk of dying. I think RS is the Jester/Fool who has to get lynched and giving them the lynch is the quickest way out.

@Kavidun; Makes it easier to tell gender when you have a latias over a gardevoir.

@GastlyGibus; What does my vote still being on Return have to do with my alignment? Are you saying he's town?

Due to the fact that there is a lot of players I don't know in this game, and thus don't know what other games they've played in, I was ignoring the RS stuff, but seeing CF jump on him for a bomb claim, and knowing she's played games with him, I'm suspicious. RS is brutually honest and unless someone provides a game where he lied to save himself, and I mean exact quotes, I highly doubt he's lying, because I've seen him come out as mafia. It's his strange play style.

UNVOTE: ReturnofMCH
VOTE: CrackFox

Like I said, players I don't know, and it makes me wonder if CF isn't trying ot manipulate them into an easy lynch.

@returnofMCH; Why vote no lynch?

because I can't find anyone to vote for right now. I'm browsing through the thread and I don't find anything scummy so far.
EDIT: rainbow skittles does seem a little suspicious, regardless of his play style in previous games.
UNVOTE: no lynch
VOTE: RainbowSkittles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom