• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Dragon Mafia- ENDGAME! Mafia wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dragon Mafia- Day Seven- Tick Tock- 3/21/15

Vote: The_Pikachu
@Kavidun; We need your vote this phase.

@The_Pikachu; Sorry forgot you didn't know since I told no mafia members.

I am double voter or voteless. It's RNGed and I never know which one it is. Gibes lynch I was voteless. Idk about all other times.

Seems like it could be a godfather role.

@CrackFox; Explain why you're voting me?

@Kavidun; We need your vote this phase.

You guys are both making a mistake. I can't defend myself and prevent mafia from winning if you just vote me without an explanation, because you guys provide no reason for voting me. In fact without providing a reason, you're literally letting mafia win. Midorikawa just voted me using the logic that he's not mafia, and if you're voting me for that reason, you might as well vote Midorikawa.

Last edited:

@The_Pikachu; SHE is not mafia because

1) I proved and claimed a role that's not vanilla. Gives claimed vanilla and now you. It's an easy mafia claim.
2) I was second to vote the first mafia we lynched.
3) early cop checked and notably the cop was killed just last night. Smart mafia would have killed him ealier. Rorri wouldn't vote against me, but you he would. This CF and Kavidun are my more dangerous opponents, and by that I mean more likely to vote me than Rorri would have been. This if I was mafia then I'd have to be an absolute idiot to let CF or Kavidun live since they're harder to manipulate.
4) My actions haven't been voting the same person almost every phase.
5) I have proven through my actions.
6) logic dictates it
7) process of elimination

Enough reasons for you?

@The_Pikachu; SHE is not mafia because

1) I proved and claimed a role that's not vanilla. Gives claimed vanilla and now you. It's an easy mafia claim.
2) I was second to vote the first mafia we lynched.
3) early cop checked and notably the cop was killed just last night. Smart mafia would have killed him ealier. Rorri wouldn't vote against me, but you he would. This CF and Kavidun are my more dangerous opponents, and by that I mean more likely to vote me than Rorri would have been. This if I was mafia then I'd have to be an absolute idiot to let CF or Kavidun live since they're harder to manipulate.
4) My actions haven't been voting the same person almost every phase.
5) I have proven through my actions.
6) logic dictates it
7) process of elimination

Enough reasons for you?

1) So what if you proved and claimed your role? Does it make you less scummy? No. Also, Gives claimed vanilla I believe after I claimed it, and if we were both mafia we wouldn't have both claimed it because that puts too much suspicion upon us.
2) I was third or fourth in voting Flop, and if we're looking at who voted who you voted Rabbit and not Gives and I'd been suspecting and voting Gives for a while. In addition, I'm pretty sure you knew that Flop had a 100% chance of getting lynched and so you voted Flop so that suspicion would not be thrown upon you.
3) The cop checked me three or so days ago. Cross apply the same logic to me and he would have been killed earlier. Also, you probably killed Rorri to put blame upon me because he voted me last round.
4) This isn't a reason for why you're not mafia. GG was inactive for several days and I wanted to call that to attention and in fact he turned out to be scummy. Meanwhile, you were accusing town, something mafia would try to do, eliminating town to win.
5) This argument does not stand since you're stating that you have proven it but have not provided examples to prove this point.
6) This makes you even more scummy; logic dictates it is not a reason why you are not mafia. If you want to prove this, provide examples to prove this point
7) Through you're posts, I feel like I can make the safe assumption that the process of elimination is that because you aren't scummy, and CF and Kavidun are confirmed town, I am scummy. However, I can make the same argument. Since I am not scummy, CF and Kavidun are confirmed town, you are scummy.

Once again, I provided evidence for my Vanilla claim and it should not be a reason to vote me.
1) PG usually puts vanilla in her games, see the link I provided in the previous post.
2) With the PR in this game, it makes sense that there's a Vanilla town in this game.

1) I stated that reasoning before you and that's also WIFOM.
2) I could have let denial get lunch, but instead I pressured him to see if he was mafia. Then privately life suggested flop and I followed because I trusted her.
3) you didn't know Rorri was cop till he came out. So no not the same case at all.
4) tunneling is a common scum read, and inactive mafia members can be useless if the host doesn't let the teammates use the roles. Thus gibes inactivity would have made him nothing more than an easy bus target. Also calling the kettle black aren't we.
5) on my phone. Can't exactly go thread digging.
6) Mafia is half logic half luck. We followed logic to get to this point.
7) through your posts I was getting scummy reads the whole game. Now I feel like an idiot for not lunching you sooner.

1) mafia goons are vanilla
2) some games are purely PRs.

1) I stated that reasoning before you and that's also WIFOM.
2) I could have let denial get lunch, but instead I pressured him to see if he was mafia. Then privately life suggested flop and I followed because I trusted her.
3) you didn't know Rorri was cop till he came out. So no not the same case at all.
4) tunneling is a common scum read, and inactive mafia members can be useless if the host doesn't let the teammates use the roles. Thus gibes inactivity would have made him nothing more than an easy bus target. Also calling the kettle black aren't we.
5) on my phone. Can't exactly go thread digging.
6) Mafia is half logic half luck. We followed logic to get to this point.
7) through your posts I was getting scummy reads the whole game. Now I feel like an idiot for not lunching you sooner.

1) mafia goons are vanilla
2) some games are purely PRs.

1) So is proving and claiming your role.
2) This point goes either way, especially since WIFOM.
3) Wrong Midorikawa, he actually told me he was cop in PM when he inspected me, which was prior to the reveal.
4) Didn't we find out that a strongman was used once? Also, I'm calling the kettle black to effectively counter your argument, not to prove a point.
5) Well then, since you're not going to go thread digging you should drop this argument until you can prove it
6) Yes, mafia is half logic and half luck, but I'm saying that you haven't provided logic and are just saying logic proves it. It's as unreasonable as someone claiming that it's night without evidence while it's really day
7) You aren't addressing what I said?

1) Are you trying to avoid addressing this point, because I showed an example where there was a town and not a mafia goon. Also, if I was a mafia goon I wouldn't have turned up town when inspected.
2) Sure, but if we look at PG previous games, we can see that she usually has at least one vanilla role in the game so there's a higher probability of a vanilla using this information and the fact of the amount of PRs in this game.

To be perfectly honest I can't say I trust either of you really. From her posts in thread i'm more inclined to believe that TP is town although having said that, Mido did keep Retne alive for a long time when she discovered he was the cop. Maybe that was because she felt that she could manipulate him enough to make sure he didn't choose any of her partners? Maybe it was because she simply didn't care that much about Flop and Gibbs. Gibbs was inactive and wasn't helping the team anyway, Life discovered Flop had claimed rolecop which meant her days were as good as numbered. There are reasons why in theory, she could have kept him alive. The first one being that she'd look guilty if he died when Life knew that she was aware of his claim.

She has proven her role and it could either work for her or against her but if she was also given the GF role maybe PG gave her that so that she didn't carry too much power.

I literally can't make my mind up about this. I keep changing my decision.

Unvote: The_Pikachu
Vote: Midorikawa

For now. If Denial doesn't vote that leaves you guys with a tie and Midos role will decide what happens from there. I'd rather leave it in the hands of fate than my own judgement because I just can't call it.

Carry on making cases for yourselves though.

I can't vote CF. I can only talk in thread.

I can't vote CF. I can only talk in thread.

Ah..yes.
images

Then it's fate I guess.

@CrackFox; He'd probably vote me anyways. He has been against me this whole game. Just like MM in the Bleach mafia. Seriously why do restless spirits try to lynch me all the time.

And to avoid going in circles with TP.

CF. This is a crappy method but worth a try: Remember TWD mafia. I was the only one who knew cop so I got converted. I bussed all my teammates to look town, and yet in this I didn't vote Gibes. I killed cop off quickly to avoid being checked and stuff. Rorri didn't die till last night and why the heck would I kill someone who I am like 91% sure would have voted TP with me. Kavidun would have been the better kill. You would have been too obvious for me, and Rorri just hurts me being dead. Kavidun is the neutral ground. Manipulable, but not like Rorri. (This sounds so bad using that word but meh.)

The day Flop was lynched. Instead of quietly letting Denial be lynched, I pushed him because I wanted to be sure I was lynching mafia. In the end I wasn't sure hence the change in votes and following life. I told Rorri to vote Flop, granted it was in case I was voteless, but point stands-why show off Denial and pressure him to allow him to look more town? That just hinders mafia. The gibes lynch, I thought Rabbit was mafia which was seen later. And I hate the-lets lynch this person for being inactive lynches so I usually don't do those without good reasoning, hence why I voted a scum read over a null read.

And my ability just hinders mafia. Considering gibes alone hinders them by having TWO abilities, there would not be a need for them to be hindered by two players. Take the Rabbit and Gibes case for example. If I was mafia voting Rabbit to save my partner, then mafia got royally screwed over by the voteless thing. Simple double voter would be much more useful for mafia since a townie with a strange voting role is normal. Townies need hindering roles to balance their power against the mafia. Mafia are outnumbered and the single mafia who had two roles, their death just royally screwed them over. Seriously royally screwed them over and getting royally screwed over by two players makes no sense.

@CrackFox; He'd probably vote me anyways. He has been against me this whole game. Just like MM in the Bleach mafia. Seriously why do restless spirits try to lynch me all the time.

And to avoid going in circles with TP.

CF. This is a crappy method but worth a try: Remember TWD mafia. I was the only one who knew cop so I got converted. I bussed all my teammates to look town, and yet in this I didn't vote Gibes. I killed cop off quickly to avoid being checked and stuff. Rorri didn't die till last night and why the heck would I kill someone who I am like 91% sure would have voted TP with me. Kavidun would have been the better kill. You would have been too obvious for me, and Rorri just hurts me being dead. Kavidun is the neutral ground. Manipulable, but not like Rorri. (This sounds so bad using that word but meh.)

The day Flop was lynched. Instead of quietly letting Denial be lynched, I pushed him because I wanted to be sure I was lynching mafia. In the end I wasn't sure hence the change in votes and following life. I told Rorri to vote Flop, granted it was in case I was voteless, but point stands-why show off Denial and pressure him to allow him to look more town? That just hinders mafia. The gibes lynch, I thought Rabbit was mafia which was seen later. And I hate the-lets lynch this person for being inactive lynches so I usually don't do those without good reasoning, hence why I voted a scum read over a null read.

And my ability just hinders mafia. Considering gibes alone hinders them by having TWO abilities, there would not be a need for them to be hindered by two players. Take the Rabbit and Gibes case for example. If I was mafia voting Rabbit to save my partner, then mafia got royally screwed over by the voteless thing. Simple double voter would be much more useful for mafia since a townie with a strange voting role is normal. Townies need hindering roles to balance their power against the mafia. Mafia are outnumbered and the single mafia who had two roles, their death just royally screwed them over. Seriously royally screwed them over and getting royally screwed over by two players makes no sense.

Midorikawa, in this scenario, you wouldn't need to kill off cop. You're literally the godfather, so you probably didn't even fear the cop. In addition, why does gives having two abilities hinder mafia? Wouldn't it instead help mafia? Also, going in circles with argumentation helps town make a decision. WIFOM is a valid factor to take into play in a argument, but arguing with you will help CF and Kavidun to make the right decision. It's why people like to create arguments and debates on D1. Also, I think your role is part of the balance PG tried to put in the game. Double voter is a powerful thing, so PG nerfed it to make it partially luck based, and hence the voteless part.
EDIT: @CrackFox; I understand you are conflicted and so you want it to rest on the shoulders of Lady Luck, but I really want to ensure a town win so I'm going to keep on trying to persuade you and Kavidun

Don't assume @Midorikawa;

If I was able to vote, then I wouldn't know who. I'm honestly torn now.

Votes locked, update pending.

Re: Dragon Mafia- Night Seven- The End is Near- 3/23/15

4. @Kavidun;
7. @CrackFox;
11. @Midorikawa;
15. @The_Pikachu;

The two suspect Pokémon were arguing, both trying desperately to lure the two innocents over to their side. Their back-and-forth continued for most of the day until one of the bystanders snapped.

"Enough! Why don't we just let fate decide it?"

So it was decided. One of the Pokémon would leave that day, but no one knew which... except for Kyurem. The ice giant sat in the hail pockets, tail generator twitching in lazy amusement.

The Goodra vanished silently. The pair of Pokémon remaining sent each other a regretful look- they knew now who their enemy was, but the revelation had been far too late and far too expensive. The deceitful ice type was already gone, melted into the night.

This very friendly Dragon-type Pokémon will hug its beloved Trainer, leaving that Trainer covered in sticky slime. It attacks with retractable horns. It throws a punch that's the equivalent of the force of a hundred pro boxers.

Dear Midorikawa, you are Goodra.

You can be aggressive or passive, angry or friendly. You're one of the most bipolar Pokémon, capable of doing massive damage but unwilling to hurt anybody. You are very loving towards your trainer and Pokémon on your team but can absolutely destroy those on the opposing side. A situation like this, when you can't know who is friend and foe, is very confusing to you.

You are the Double Voter and Voteless. During some day phases your vote will count double- other days, it will count for nothing. You won't know which you are. You must place a vote every day, however.

You are allied with the Town and win when the Mafia are all defeated.

Midorikawa was lynched. They were allied with the Town.

IT IS NOW NIGHT SEVEN. ACTIONS CAN NOW BE USED. THE PHASE WILL END IN 24 HOURS.
Thank you for playing, Midorikawa.

...Great.

UH. Well I guess I lost town the game. I obviously regret not voting for TP in hindsight but I honestly tried to come to a guilty conclusion for her and couldn't really get there. You played very well in my opinion! Well done.

Not sure why the game is still going, we all know the outcome now ;_;

Sorry guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom