• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dragon Quest: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erdrick

Hero
Reaction score
Five hundred years ago, Celestrians (heavenly angel beings) fought of a great evil. They sealed this great evil, unable of defeating it. They it would never be unleashed...
Boy, they were wrong.
A couple hundred years ago, a Celestrian was captured by the Gittish Empire. His feelings of hatred was so great, it began to awake the sealed demon. He turned dark.
Now, monsters are trying to fully awaken the demon, led by the dark angel. They are also stopping everyone from stopping them. Chaos would spread throughout the world should he awaken. Chosen ones from a small town are gathering to stop the demon from arising.
-----
rules:
1. No godmodding. (No making a character perfect)
2. Do not fight in OOCs.
3. Standard BGF stuff.
4. PLEASE, DEAR LORD, NO TENISSING!!!
5. Don't do too much violence. True, it has swords 'n stuff, but still.
6. Follow the below rulings.
7. Max characters for one user is 4.
8. No instant kills (unless it's to a slime).
If you don't know what any of these terms mean, check out
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Roleplaying (and use it in general).
Weapons and Armour:
Mediveal-type weapons, please. If it's supposed to be an ultimate-type weapon/armour, you can't have more than one.
Magic:
There's this thing in the Dragon Quest series called magic (five bucks says you've heard of this even if you've never played DQ). It's basically attacks that you can use. They are divided into five elemental groups: Fire, Ice, Wind, Light, and Dark (and a non-elemental group). Like the weapon/armour thing, you can only have one ultimate-magic type thing per character. You can make up magic, but note what elemental type it is please.
Monsters:
A character can be a monster. Be a monster from the series (not a boss, and not too powerful, like gigantes).
IF YOU UNDERSTAND ALL OF THIS, PUT DQIX IN YOUR SIGN-UP!
Sign-ups:
Name: ...
Age: ...Make your guys really old or immortal, and I will kill you.
Apperance: What your guy/girl/monster looks like. Include equipment (NOTE IF EQUIPMENT IS VERY GOOD).
Personality: What your character acts like.
History: Your character's past. (optinal)
Weapon of choice: Sword, spear, mace, etc.
Race: Human or monster type.
Magic: Magic your character can use. It can be in the series or made up.
Other: Any thing else?
-My sign-ups-
Name: Neo Katano
Apperance: Neo has spiky, dark brown hair and brown eyes. Usually, he wears simple blue armour, and wields a shield and an awesome sword. He wears brown boots and blue pants.
Personality: Neo is courageous and headstrong.
Weapon of choice: Sword
Race: Human
Magic:
Swoosh: A wind attack that hits a group of foes.
Crackle: An ice attack that hits a group of foes.
Gigaslash: A powerful light attack.
Other: DQIX
Name: Cronux Katano
Apperance: Like his brother, he has spiky hair, just more messed up and light brown. He has blue eyes. He usually wears a green martial arts shirt, a white karate-style belt, yellow pants, and black/orange boots. He wields gauntlets with long, pointed claws covered in poison (very good).
Personality: Cronux is reckless and energetic. You cannot get him to do anything unless you've earned his respect (or you're related to him).
Weapon of choice: Claws
Magic:
Hand of God: Very powerful, non-elemental attack with the claws.
Psyche Up: Gives him a power boost.
-Accepted-
Neo Katano (Me)
Cronux Katano (Also me)
Eligor Von Nexus (Kona-Chan)
Fredigar Veis Belizeveil (Naeprion)(both something like that)
Jasmine Midguard (Owl Citizen)
Ellen Neith (Kona-Chan)
-Reserved-
? (jasonwolf)

Last edited:
Name: Eligor Von Nexus (His real name is Mr. Jelly.)
Appearance: Eligor works very hard to make sure he looks as final boss-like as possible. Noting that long, white hair seems to be in style among the villainous crowd, Eligor let his white hair grow all the way down to his waist. He often wears a long black trenchcoat, which lies open to reveal a black shirt with a slime's skull on it. It's enchanted to let the four purple tentacles on his back pass through it. He is fairly tall, and has some muscle growth. His irises are quite dark, due to his slimy heritage, and he has sharp teeth. He always wears distressed dark jeans and combat boots to show that he's a tough guy. Because of being part healslime, he always levitates a few inches off the ground.
Personality: Eligor is a monster, and thus wants to be evil. Unfortunately, he's not that great at it. Deep down, he can actually be pretty nice.
History: Eligor was born to a witch and a healslime. Ever since he was born, his parents wanted him to be a final boss. So he apprenticed under an evil wizard to learn dark magic. But it turned out he was only good at support spells. The only evil spell he could learn was Warlock Punch. Not wanting to face his parents, he struck out on his own to defeat the current final boss and usurp his throne.
Weapon of choice: He fights by combining his tentacles and fists with magic that powers him up and weakens his foes.
Race: He's half human, and half Healslime. Because of his slimy heritage, he has four purple tentacles coming out of his back. They are quite strong, and can stretch up to seven feet.
Magic:
Slimify: Eligor touches the subject, raising the moisture content of their body. Slashing and electricity attacks do much more damage. Meanwhile, fire attacks and bashing attacks do very little damage, and the subject is healed while in water.
Ink Bomb: Eligor fires a jet of ink, which irritates the eyes and is quite sticky. Further, it is quite flammable.
Ward: Surrounds Eligor in a magical barrier that reduces damage from most attacks.
Volt: Electricity courses through Eligor's body, shocking anyone who attacks him in addition to making his own attacks stronger.
Warlock Punch: A technique taught to Eligor by his father. It harnesses whatever magical energy is acting upon the user, turning it into a powerful punch of dark energy. It becomes stronger if the user has magical effects on them, whether good or bad.

I just finished this game and now theres an RP!? darn you serendipidy! reserve me a spot.

@jasonwolf Yep. Although it's not exactly like the game (there's an extra demon). And Reserved!
@annoying guy (Xmas): Accepted! Although I swear, if you ever turn on us...I'm gonna slash you into next week.
By the way, since he's part healslime, wouldn't he know Heal?

He kinda does. Slimify lets him heal people using water. But he's also part human, and they don't learn it naturally.

For him and other slimes or half slimes or whatevrr, casting it is like flipping a switch. One cast activates it, the next deactivates it. On others, usually about five minutes. A little less in a dry climate. Eating like a bag of salt would probably turn it off immediately, but it'd have to be a lot of salt.

Anyway, we both know you just consider me annoying because you're jealous my characters are dead sexy and get all the ladies.

The last one. And the nickname came from the fact that in the first two RPGs we were in together, your guy got on my guy's nerves. Anyway...

No, cause Eliot was a skirt chaser, and (in the first one at least) he hit on the girls my guy was trying to woo. Now let's stop talking about it here.

Name: Fredegar Veis Belzeviel (Go by Veis)
Appearance: What belies under his hood is considered a mystery, but one notes that without his black hood, he has fine blonde hair and gleaming red eyes. Usually wears a black tunic, and his face is completely invisible once you've stood in front of him. His eyes glow dimmer when he's calm, and flickers fiercely from blood red to purple when aroused or angered. He is of average stature at best, none too tall nor too short.
Personality: Veis straddles the line between sorcery and swordsmanship. His skills as a magician is surprisingly on par with his hand to hand combat experience, although he may look like a serious wizard. His interests in both physical and magical combat grants him his dual nature, although he can fight with both swords and magic, this makes him not quite a master of both. Veis is usually calm. His brain works best when a skirmish is occurs around him. Sometimes, however, he is easily irritated by his fellow friends, and always take insults seriously. He has an aura of unrest, as if he longs for vengeance. His voice is a mixture of echoes, both sounding good and evil.
History: His birth date is known, but his parents are unknown. Rumors say he is born from an elf male and a human female, although some say Veis is a purebred human. His interests in both physical and magical combat grants him his dual nature, although he can fight with both swords and magic, this makes him not quite a master of both.
Weapons of choice: Veis's main weapon is his spirit lantern, which can project light and dark magic. He also keeps a steel rapier under his belt, which no one around him will notice until he himself has drawn it.
Race: Human?
Magic:
Spiritbreak- Veis crushes the spirit of the target, dealing dark damage. Meanwhile, Veis gains heightened dexterity and evasion while the target is reduced in dexterity and evasion. Has a chance to immobilize target in purple, ominous aura.
Divine Rapier- Light type attack that deals more damage if the difference between Veis and the target's dexterity is greater. (If Veis has much more dexterity than the target, it will usually do more damage. If Veis has considerably less, it will result in less damage dealt)
Portal of Darkness- Summons a dark portal. AOE dark damage that hits all friends and foes alike.
Light Strike Array- Veis takes less light and dark damage while his light and dark magic attacks are stronger.
Mystical Slug- Aided by an unknown deity, Veis unleashes a barrage of punches on the target. Deals light bashing damage, and the target is prone to bashing attacks.

Last edited:
No. I know very little about Dragonques except from what I learned playing DQM:J. And I am a very busy man.

Ah, it's okay.
And by the way, the start-up will start tomorrow.

Wait, wait, I want to play too! D: XD
Name: Jasmine Midguard
Apperance: (Sorry for the huge pic)
59598.jpg
Personality: Jasmine has a very hot temper, and it's very easy to tick her off. Her anger sometimes gets the best of her and leads her to do or say some really stupid things. However, when she's not ticked off she can be pretty fun to be around. It takes awhile for her to warm up to new people but when she does, she's a very loyal friend and would gladly lay down her life to protect the ones she loves.
History: Jasmine's lived with her parents and little brother, Felix for as long as she can remember. However, when she was ten, Felix went to explore an old mine. She came to get him just a little too late, and arrived just in time to see him get crushed by a cave-in. From then on, she always blamed herself for not getting there fast enough and vowed to always look out for her friends and protect them, no matter what the cost.
Weapon of choice: Sword
Magic: Firethrower- Sends a blast of fire from her hands to roast whatever enemy she has alive.
Other: Jasmine also knows a fair bit of martial arts. DQIX.

ACCEPTED! Please note that by signing up, you are subjecting your character to be hit on by the annoying guy's character and possibly others, including Cronux.
And the Serperior isn't with her, right?

You'll scare her off. Stop. Would you like me to post a female character?
And stop calling me annoying guy. You're much more so.

Name: Ellen Neith
Appearance: Ellen is obsessed with baseball, and it shows. She always wears a blue uniform, tennis shoes, and a cap, and has her brown hair tied back in a pony tail most of the times. She always wields her magic baseball bat at her side. It's of exceptional quality, and made of a strange black metal. She has a pair of circular glasses over her blue eyes.
Personality: In contrast to her older brother, who is kind of a drama queen and obsesses over being evil, Ellen is happy go-lucky and very laid back. Unlike her brother, she doesn't feel compelled to be evil just because her mom and dad are: She just wants to be a good baseball player.
History: Ellen was the child of one of Eligor's mother's friends. Unfortunately, the man was too busy trying to be a good enemy, so Eligor's parents took her in. Despite being monsters, they treated her as one of their own. Eligor is especially protective of her, and when he found out she had followed him because she decided fighting monsters with him would be a good way to become a great baseball player, he decided after the twentieth time she returned to him after he took her home, she could come.
Weapon of choice: Baseball bat
Race: Human. She has a little demon in her somewhere.
Magic:
Bomb: Summons a bomb, and then proceeds to either throw it at the enemy or hit it towards them with her bat. Hitting it towards them with her bat gives it more power, but less accuracy, then throwing it.
Home Run Strike: An incredibly powerful strike, which can send opponents into space. Unfortunately, it takes a long time to charge.
Catch: Ellen conjures a shield around her hand, which allows her to catch magical projectiles and fling them back at her opponents.
Berserk: Ellen us mostly human, but she still has a bit of demon in her. With this spell, she harnesses the demonic energy, using it to become incredibly strong. Even her brother fears her in this form: She can knock down trees with a punch, and she cannot distinguish between friend or foe: She just kills whatever's closest. This power lasts about three minutes, after which she sleeps for about a day.
Other: DQIX, again.

Still working on it.

Last edited:
You've only seen Eliot. Evan is probably asexual. He does hit on men, but only because he's kind of a jerk and likes making people uncomfortable. And Eirika is a chick. And undead. Meanwhile, Eligor and Ed aren't exactly one either, at least not more so than most teenagers their age.

Oh. I'm sorry, it's just that the only RPs we were in together and had a girl, you were Eliot. So yeah.
And female character is ACCEPTED (now I know she won't be a skirt chaser). If she and Eligor are brothers, a) wouldn't her last name be jelly? and b) wouldn't she be part healslime too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom