• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Dragonite VS. Haxorus

Blue Dragon

七パーセント
Reaction score
Spr_5b_149.png
VS.
Spr_5b_612.png

So it's Dragonite the original Dragon versus Haxorus the axe wielding Dragon. I'll start...

Which one would win:
Well Dragonite has more bulk and a very useful ability "Multiscale", so it gives Dragonite an opportunity to set up a Dragon Dance, or to just 1HKO Haxorus with an Outrage. Haxorus has fair defences, but they wouldn't generally be able to deal with an Outrage from Dragonite. On the other hand Haxorus's attack stat is sky high and with the right conditions it could 1HKO Dragonite. Dragonite though would be the overall victor in my opinion.

Which one is more useful:
Well they are both very useful for mostly offensive roles and both of their better abilities are also useful. I would say they are on the same level for usefulness.

Which one do you prefer overall:
Well I love Haxorus's design and ability in battle, however my most favoured Pokemon of all is Dragonite. I prefer Dragonite's overall appearance, ability, and it's the mascot of my battle style.

1. Since Haxorus is faster than Dragonite, he could OHKO Dragonite (unless it's scarfed or has Extremespeed).

2. Both are pretty useful. Dragonite has bulk and Multiscale, while Haxorus has his "HAAAXX!!" powers, a.k.a. mono type, Sword Dance, Dragon Dance, Outrage, and Mold Breaker.

3. Haxorus, I like its design better than Dragonite.

Haxorus wins in a fight because Mold Breaker trumps Multi-scale (meaning D-Nite can no longer survive an Outrage and KO back) but I still like Dragonite better, so it gets my vote.

Haxorus wins in a fight because Mold Breaker trumps Multi-scale (meaning D-Nite can no longer survive an Outrage and KO back) but I still like Dragonite better, so it gets my vote.

It does? Aww, crap. All my damage calcs were for nothing.

I really REALLY hate Dragonite. I wish that ugly thing never existed. Dragonair deserved a better evo than this. OTL So Haxorus definitely wins my vote by several hundred miles. I don't care much for "useful competitively", and I just like Haxorus's design overall. So fearsome, so badass. Barney can't even hold a candle to Haxorus. Plus, I used a Haxorus in my official White team. Lots of love there.

Dragonite is my favourite. I have a personal vendetta against Haxorus for a number of reasons, (It's connected to Iris who I can't stand, I had a horrible experience in the Battle Subway because of it, and I also hate its English name) and it doesn't have much of strategy beyond attack, attack, attack. Dragonite is far more versatile and has a great ability in Multi-scale.

Both are cool in their own ways, but I like Ononokus' design the most, since I prefer quirky designs over derpy ones like Kayriu's;
Plus I used a Ononokus in BW and holy shit, the thing is a beast.

Barney-san have a cool design, I admit, but that is all about it to me.

Dragonite! Dragonite! Dragonite! Dragonite! Dragonite! Dragonite! Dragonite! Dragonite! Dragonite! Dragonite! Dragonite! It is my all time favorite mon. Nothing comes close to the perfection that is dragonite! Perfect design, perfect movepool. It is perfect. Haxorus is good but nowhere even close to D-nite in my fave books.

I greatly prefer Dragonite over Haxorus. I prefer the lighter colours Dragonite has and that the ridges/scales it has aren't as apparant as they are on Haxoros (I still can't get the thought of being a Bug-type out of my head either from way back when BW trailers first aired). I also prefer Dragonite's versatility as it can pull off a multitude of roles while Haxorus is almost exclusively a physical attacker.

The axes on Haxorus are cool though, and Dragonite's wings are pretty wtf in relation to size but apart from that, Dragonite all the way in my opinion.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom