• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Dragonite VS Kingdra VS Flygon VS Salamence VS Garchomp VS Haxorus VS Hydreigon

manathief

I was Lawnmowergirl
Reaction score
149Dragonite.png
155px-230Kingdra.png
180px-330Flygon.png
240px-373Salamence.png
200px-445Garchomp.png
150px-612Haxorus.png
180px-635Hydreigon.png

This is not, I repeat, not a showdown between the pseudolegendaries. It's a showdown between all the three-stage non-legendary dragon types.

Please answer these questions in your response:

Which one(s) have you trained personally?
Which do you think is most useful in battle?
Which do you think looks the coolest/cutest/most interesting?
Which one is your overall favorite?

Garchomp, Dragonite and Salamence (GEN IV) Haxorus (GEN V)

Garchomp or Haxorus. Probably Haxorus

Hydregion (because of its heads)

Haxorus

Flygon, Salamence and Hydreigon. I wouldn't say no to Kingdra or Haxorus, either.

Probably all the Pseudos. I'd go with Salamence myself, as he's served me well since Gen 3. Kingdra is also very good with only one weakness, though its Movepool isn't that good.

All of them except Dragonite.

Salamence. My favorite Dragon, 4th favorite Pokémon, and one of my Team's permanent powerhouses. He rips through things mercilessly, and he's the one I vote for.

I trained a Garchomp and a Flygon to level 100.
They're all useful in their own way. Haxorus does a lot of damage, Flygon is very versatile, and Dragonite have a good movepool. Garchomp is good because he's faster than the rest.
Garchomp has the coolest design of the gang, but they're all pretty cool. I like how Flygon looks like a bug, or the guillotine thing on Haxorus.
GARCHOMP!
t892qp.jpg

Alrighty, I figure it's time to answer my own questions.

To be perfectly honest, only Dragonite and Flygon.
I don't even know, since I haven't trained most of the ones considered to be really epic.
Flygon. :3
Without a shadow of a doubt, Flygon. It's actually one of my top five favorite Pokemon of all time.

Aw man, this is so hard. I love them all X3

But, let's see...

Which one(s) have you trained, personally?
Before I get my hands on Sazandra (i.e. Hydreigon) and H. electus* (i.e. Ononokus/Haxorus) (I have their first-stage forms currently), it'll have been all of them except for Kingdra.

Which one do you think is most useful in battle?
I'm no competitive battler, so don't quote me on this - but if I were to choose, it would probably be Sazandra. No pesky 4x weakness to ice.

Which one do you think is the coolest/cutest/most interesting?
Coolest: The Haxorus.
Cutest: Flygon, Dragonite, Haxorus, and ... THEY'RE ALL CUTE >_<
Most "interesting": Probably Sazandra, for the fact that it has, you know, three heads.
Most well-designed: Flygon. The colours and stuff really stand out.

Which one is your overall favourite?
I'll flip a coin and say Sazandra. It is, after all, why I have it as an avatar.

* H. electus, not H. erectus. I'm not talking about humans. See this blog post for details.

Which one(s) have you trained, personally?
Dragonite only

Which one do you think is most useful in battle?
To be honest, I don't know.

Which one do you think is the coolest/cutest/most interesting?
Coolest: Sazandra/Hydreigon
Cutest: Flygon and Dragonite,
Most "interesting": Sazandra.
Most well-designed: Flygon

Dragonite, it was pretty much the first non-starter Pokemon I ever bothered raising. xD Also Flygon in Emerald and Garchomp in Platinum. I did raise Haxorus and Hydregion, too, in White, but since those were just for the Dex, I don't really count them.

Garchomp and Salamence.

Cutest would be Dragonite by far. :3 Flygon for coolest.

Dragonite or Flygon... it changes between the two so often. xD;

I pick Flygon because its eyes are cute x3 Plus, it always kills me in competitive battle

All of them
Kingdra & Garchomp
Garchomp
Garchomp

Only Salamence and Garchomp.

Salamence, because it has fair speed and the ability "Intimidate."

Salamence looks the coolest.

Salamence is my favorite overall, due to its battling ability and appearance.

Salamence, Flygon, Dragonite and Garchomp.

Salamence. He can hit hard from both sides and has a great speed stat.

Salamence

Salamence.

All but Hydreigon

Most: Garchomp, Salamence and Kingdra are all useful. Hoaxorus is far and away the least.

Flygon. It's far and away the most unique.

Kingdra. With Garchomp and Salamence close behind. Kingdra has great competitive usage with wide coverage, despite limited versatility. Garchomp and Salamence have the x4 weakness, although considering how OP they are, it hardly is a problem.

tumblr_lcxg85hs2N1qbil9go1_500.jpg

Kingdra has risen up from the depths of my former hatred as the best dragon pokemon.

NOTHING can compare to the absolute fear you feel when Kingdra comes onto the battlefield in the rain. It can go physical, special, or mixed and you have absolutely no idea what will happen, except that Kingdra will probably accomplish whatever it very well pleases.

More than that, Kingdra is a WATER type too. This makes it nearly impossible to kill unlike the others, and water is my favorite type anyway. It's like the Kraken (which is what I nicknamed mine) which makes it completely awesome!

Probably the most important part for me is that it evolves from what people considered garbage pokemon. I mean, who uses Horsea and Seadra, right? Horsea is everywhere and it's weak. Kingdra is thus the common man's dragon, the chance for a nobody to raise a common water pokemon and end up with the strongest pokemon out there!

I chose Sazandora, because it is the most terrifying among the dragons. Plus, it was blessed with the dark type.

TBH, I'm not the biggest fan of pokédragons.

tumblr_lcxg85hs2N1qbil9go1_500.jpg

Kingdra has risen up from the depths of my former hatred as the best dragon pokemon.

NOTHING can compare to the absolute fear you feel when Kingdra comes onto the battlefield in the rain. It can go physical, special, or mixed and you have absolutely no idea what will happen, except that Kingdra will probably accomplish whatever it very well pleases.

More than that, Kingdra is a WATER type too. This makes it nearly impossible to kill unlike the others, and water is my favorite type anyway. It's like the Kraken (which is what I nicknamed mine) which makes it completely awesome!

Probably the most important part for me is that it evolves from what people considered garbage pokemon. I mean, who uses Horsea and Seadra, right? Horsea is everywhere and it's weak. Kingdra is thus the common man's dragon, the chance for a nobody to raise a common water pokemon and end up with the strongest pokemon out there!

I'm not sure I agree that its the underdog by any means. Kingdras so strong, it banned an entire mode from the meta on Smogon (Drizzle, Swift Swim).

I'm not sure I agree that its the underdog by any means. Kingdras so strong, it banned an entire mode from the meta on Smogon (Drizzle, Swift Swim).

Kingdra got banned? Whoa! So I guess that means we all know it's the strongest dragon now :) :) :)

I voted Flygon.

Maybe it's his insect-like appearance, or his more "down to earth" stats compared to the bourgeois pseudo-legendaries that appeal to me.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom