• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DragSpam RMT

Reaction score
Greetings to the battle center, I'm here today requesting help on this time more then a rate of it so much. Despite my slowing interest in the game and lack of time to devote myself like I used to, I've been determined and tasked to craft a team consisting of 3 Dragon-types, or DragSpam to be specific. I've been messing around, trying to utilize Mega-Altaria or Mega-Sceptile since they're two of the newer Dragon-Megas but it pains me to admit they're worth more struggle then other options. Regardless, let me talk about the team first and talk about what to do after.

Teambuilding Limitations are 3 Dragon types (one can be a Pokemon who can Mega-Evolve into a Dragon), 1 Legendary if needed but no more (OU of course) and 1 Mega (obviously).

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Starting with the Mega of the team, I used to have Metagross in this slot but because of his high usage, many teams utilizing him and potential of being banned (even though he was safe), I decided to go with Scizor. Max Attack and Speed is not seen often but I really like fast offense so outspeeding slower threats (and since I detest stall) is something I enjoy. If anyone has a unique spread I can utilize with speed still being the concern, It'd be much obliged. Or you could say I'm an idiot and run bulky SD.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Another Steel-type to help lower the Fairy/Ice weaknesses we're going to get swarmed with, Magnezone is one of my favorites because of his potential to trap and destroy opposing Scizors, Metagross' lacking Hammer Arm/Earthquake (not likely) and my blasted enemy Ferrothorn. Basic stuff here, not to mention he's a great counter to some Electric types that I hate.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum

One of my sweepers, and one of the needed Fairies to help block opposing Dragon-attacks as well as Ice. Azumarill is a classic threat that needs no introduction. He's my favorite Fairy and is mainly here for the Ice resist that the rest of them lack. Unfortunately, Fairy doesn't resist Fairy.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

This is a slot I've tweaked around for quite a while now, alternating between making him a simple Sash lead and now I've landed on this. It's helped quite a bit thus far, despite the lack of a third attack and helps keep offensive pressure on while having foes guessing. Losing the Sash is going to make things challenging but with Lum, I can safely set up Swords Dance and actually do some damage despite his Lead facade. It all depends on the opposition.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

I just put this here in place of DD Salamence. Salamence was pretty hard to use, lacking Multiscale and falling to priority awfully quickly. Kyurem-B was another idea but I decided on a much needed Legendary for the slot. Dragonite was my next best bet. While I could've made this a DD set, I really liked having the Fire-coverage on Salamence and decided to keep it with Fire Punch.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Stealth Rocks is all too common, and I really needed some form of removal. While I wish I could use Kyurem-B above, I decided to go with Defog Latias. Decent bulk and speed and it's really been growing on me in past teams. Healing Wish has helped immensely by healing some of my key sweepers who run low on health or get crippled by status. It also helps escape from Pursuit-trappers thankfully.

That's the "current' team I have at the moment. Metagross and Salamence got me from 1350-1500 on PS! OU ladder so it wasn't doing horribly bad but I wanted to see if I could expand in anyway to make it better. It's open to tweaks and changes as long as you follow the limitations. But im really looking for any type of advice, if its to leave it as is, or simply change a spread or move.

Another thing I wanna point out is that I suck at pure balance teams so that's something I can't manage (tried it). Stall is something I hate using and fighting and I often fall to it unfortunately. I've never used DragSpam either but asking for others helped quite a bit so bare with me if something is off. Thanks in advance.

I prefer to utilize Mega Scizor's amazing bulk, so I think you are better off with max HP instead of Speed. Bullet Punch also hits first anyway (unless the opponent is faster and uses priority as well), so I don't think the Speed is that important.

Your team has 3 Ice weaknesses with 2 of them being 4x weak. That can be a huge problem, so I suggest that you replace either Dragonite or Garchomp with Kingdra, which has a good defensive typing that also takes neutral damage from Ice attacks. That way, you can also keep the 3 Dragon Types in your team :)

I see weaknesses to MAltaria, opposing Azumarill, Clefable, Gengar, MGyarados, Kyurem-B, Serperior, Gliscor, Lopunny, Shed Shell Skarmothorn, Mega Manectric, every single rain sweeper, Suicune, Quagsire, Mega Sceptile, Weavile, MAggron. The ones in bold are the Pokemon that can 6-0 or wall you with minimal support

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix them while staying within the DragMag paradigm D:

I see weaknesses to MAltaria, opposing Azumarill, Clefable, Gengar, MGyarados, Kyurem-B, Serperior, Gliscor, Lopunny, Shed Shell Skarmothorn, Mega Manectric, every single rain sweeper, Suicune, Quagsire, Mega Sceptile, Weavile, MAggron. The ones in bold are the Pokemon that can 6-0 or wall you with minimal support

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix them while staying within the DragMag paradigm D:

Kingdra IS one of my favorite Dragons with his typing but I always grew fearful of using him. If I use a Specs Swift Swim variant, would it help oppose half of this list as BlueCobra suggested, as well as nullify an Ice weakness? I can see it beating Quagsire, Clefable, Skarmothorn (with HP Fire), and Weavile while getting a situational but valuable boost against Rain teams. Critdra seems a little too lacking for this particular situation.

Ice weakness isn't that much of an issue, as long as Azumarill is a thing
Specs Swift Swim Kingdra could help against Clef, Gar, Cube, Serperior, Gliscor, Skarmothorn, MManectric, Quag
But it needs rain, or else it is a liability every time a Lati (especially an HP Fire Lati) comes in
Maybe Dragalge in place of Kingdra could balance things out, it checks Clef, Gengar, Serperior, Gliscor, Skarmory, MAnectric, Suicune, Quag; and it pressures everything else on the list
The weakness to rain still remains tho

Ice weakness isn't that much of an issue, as long as Azumarill is a thing
Specs Swift Swim Kingdra could help against Clef, Gar, Cube, Serperior, Gliscor, Skarmothorn, MManectric, Quag
But it needs rain, or else it is a liability every time a Lati (especially an HP Fire Lati) comes in
Maybe Dragalge in place of Kingdra could balance things out, it checks Clef, Gengar, Serperior, Gliscor, Skarmory, MAnectric, Suicune, Quag; and it pressures everything else on the list
The weakness to rain still remains tho

Ah I forgot about Dragalge, since I was fearful of using him for an added Ground weakness with Metagross who I forgot is gone now. Yeah, ill use him then despite the rain weakness, I think ill have to take a chance with it. For now, this looks like the best outcome I'm going to get so far. Thanks.

Ill use a bulky Scizor spread and Dragalge in place of Dragonite. I'm also going back to Sash Lead Garchomp with Fire Blast since I think I have enough physical offensive potential in Azumarill and Scizor and I can put further pressure on Skarmthorn.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom