• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dream starter

Migraine

OmgPewPew
Reaction score
So, for 5 Generations and roughly 15 years of pokemon video games, we have always been stuck to choose between Grass, Fire or a Water starter.

Wich pokemon would u like to start your journey with?

Mine is obvious :p Elekid. still waiting for that day when I get a Elekid from the professor...

I guess I'm boring. I still would pick a Torchic, being my favorite Pokémon.
(It would be nice to get Speed Boost on it though)

I guess I'm boring. I still would pick a Torchic, being my favorite Pokémon.
(It would be nice to get Speed Boost on it though)

I'll be boring with you and pick Bulbasaur, my favorite Pokemon.

I think it would be pretty awesome to start with a Dragon type. Dratini, Bagon, Deino, and Axew would all be cool as a starter. :)

I'll stick with the fifteen we have, though I wouldn't mind better movepools on some of the more recent ones.

I wanna start with Cranidos, my fav pokemon!!

If I can choose from a legendary, I want a Darkrai as a starter. With the move Hypnosis. *epic smirk*

I'd love to have a Riolu as my starter since it evolves into my favorite Pokemon, Lucario and Riolu itself is pretty adorable. Plus, it would be cool to have a starter that evolves through friendship to highlight the special bond between a trainer and their first Pokemon.

Dratini and Deino come to the mind. It would be an epic struggle to raise them and then enjoy the satisfaction you get when you get them to their final form!

Dratini, Bagon, Gible,
Hydreigon is a rubbish Pseudo so not included, Haxorus is much better, but not a Pseudo so not in my list...

Of those 3 think I'd choose Dratini.

Alternatively, I'd really love a game where you started with a Zorua, or a Riolu. If I had to choose a legend, SHAYMIN

Last edited:
I would like a pseudo-legendary-looking dragon, that acted like a starer in exp speed and stats. Preferably a dragon who gained something like grass through evolution.

Edit: Or a game where your choices are a dragon/fire, dragon/water, and dragon/grass type.

Last edited:
I would love to start the game with Starly. It's my favourite. Also, for a challenge, how about starting with Wynaut?

If it was a legendary,I'd choose Rayquaza.With V-Create.It looks so awesome!Rayquaza AND V-Create.Aaahhh....right now I'm listening to the route 104 music...NOSTALGIA ATTACK!!!

Imagine a game in the main series where you could choose a starter from each type. I'd imagine all the starters would need 3 evolution stages.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom