• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub season fifteen to premiere on Feb. 18: Season titled 'Pokémon Black & White: Riva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dub season fifteen to premiere on Feb. 18: Season titled 'Pokémon Black & White:

Even *if* TPCI counted the skipped two-parter as part of the season (and judging by the episode numbering on the official site, they don't), that would still give us a 50 episode season, not 52. So either way, Season 14 was short a few episodes.

Morgil said:
How could the gap shrink? They both air at the same rate, one episode a week.

They don't want the gap to shrink; they want it to widen. By not airing new English episodes while Japan is still churning them out, they're able to make the gap between the Japanese airdate and the American airdate bigger.

Re: Dub season fifteen to premiere on Feb. 18: Season titled 'Pokémon Black & White:

Because some people seem to be failing to realise:
There's a big reason why TPCi want the gap in air dates between episodes to widen iso Japan can make more, air more and then give TPCi more episodes to dub. TPCi need time after an episode has aired in Japan to receive the materials, to dub it and distribute it to the various channels worldwide that air the show. To be perfectly honest, I'm quite surprised at how small the gap is and has been for several years.

I'm curious as to when the UK will get the new series though. I'm going to roughly guess that we're going to get it around the time the summer holidays start here.

I'll never understand the reasoning behind most of the dub season titles. They're quite misleading. <_<

I'll never understand the reasoning behind most of the dub season titles. They're quite misleading. <_<
Sinnoh League Victors much?

IMO, it says victors, thus not implying a single person but a greater amount of trainers.

Sinnoh League Victors -> victors in the Sinnoh League.

IMO, it says victors, thus not implying a single person but a greater amount of trainers.

Sinnoh League Victors -> victors in the Sinnoh League.
Sinnoh League Victors sounds more like "The multiple victors of the Sinnoh League". There can't be more than one victor in a non-team tournament though; so that in itself is misleading =D.

Sinnoh League Victors sounds more like "The multiple victors of the Sinnoh League". There can't be more than one victor in a non-team tournament though; so that in itself is misleading =D.
There can if they imply the winners of Sinnoh League battles.

There have been multiple battles thus the title makes actual sense. :p

Man, i wish we didn't have to wait so long. This just lets the Japanese version get further and further ahead.

I agree. We were only about 15 episodes behind until Christmas Eve. I understand why they want to keep a gap. But still, it was good when we were only 3 months behind the Japanese anime.

"Rival Destinies..." Well, to be fair, Trip and Bianca do appear at some point during this season, so the title isn't misleading.

I really wish it was starting like...this week cause I'm really excited for Elesa. I saw the original episode, but I'm just really interested to find out what kinda of voice she'll have. On top of that I really hope the opening is good cause I wasn't a fan of Black and White.

Its very well possible the Unova league could air in 2012, thus the title having some purpose. We're at the 6th Gym in February so by December, which this dub season would include eps from...could be the league.

The season titles don't bother me. They're perfectly fine, in my opinion.

What does bother me, is the fact that TPCi stopped putting puns in the episode titles. I really liked that. =(
I mean, this may sound weird, but I actually like the episode puns. And now that they're gone, I miss them.

Even *if* TPCI counted the skipped two-parter as part of the season (and judging by the episode numbering on the official site, they don't), that would still give us a 50 episode season, not 52. So either way, Season 14 was short a few episodes.

The official numbering is one thing, but they still seem to use the "internal" production numbering as well. Disney XD UK schedule actually counted the episodes in a way that imply Plasma two-parter and Fishing episode should go in the original slot.

Also, we add Plasma two-parter (which was shipped to the dubbers, just never used), original cut of episode 22 (which was translated that way, but not recorded it seems) and the original version of fishing episode - it all adds up to 52.

we add Plasma two-parter (which was shipped to the dubbers, just never used)

You sure about that?

And I'm not sure why they'd count the unedited version of the Venepede episode as a separate thing - the fishing episode maybe, but if they're counting the Venepede one twice they might as well do the same for the episodes with Lenora's apron edited out. There's really not enough done to it to justify it being two separate episodes.

One way or another, the earthquake is definately at fault here.

One way or another, the earthquake is definately at fault here.

lol pun. XD

Anyway, I can't wait for the new season to air. I want more Cilan moments! I love Cilan. <3

I'm also hoping for Cheren to be added to the anime. I think he'd make yet another good rival for Ash. And let's have some Team Plasma! Shame that the two parter that was meant to feature them had to be canceled...

AtoMan said:
The official numbering is one thing, but they still seem to use the "internal" production numbering as well. Disney XD UK schedule actually counted the episodes in a way that imply Plasma two-parter and Fishing episode should go in the original slot.

And Kids' WB! counted "The Problem with Paras" as the first episode of the series.

Television networks are not always right about things like this.

Also, we add Plasma two-parter (which was shipped to the dubbers, just never used), original cut of episode 22 (which was translated that way, but not recorded it seems) and the original version of fishing episode - it all adds up to 52.

Do you have proof for any of these claims? It's highly unlikely that the two-parter was ever sent to TPCI, and the idea that they would count both the pre-3/11 and the post-3/11 versions of an episode as two different shows is very farfetched.

I highly doubt the Rocket-Plasma 2-parter was sent to TPCi in the first place. What would the point be of saying "Okay guys, you can pay money for these episodes, you can spend money on dubbing them, but you cannot air them". Also, TPCi just wouldn't waste money on episodes they won't be allowed to air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom