• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion (older seasons)

Random thought, but anyone find it cute whenever a human character is given the same English voice actor as their Pokémon partner? Like Ash's Bulbasaur and Melanie (its former caretaker), Audino and the BW Nurse Joy and Pyroar and Lysandre. I know it's mainly done out of convenience, but it's a nice touch in my opinion.

Nurse Joy and Audino sharing an English VA also made the scene where a Zoroark impersonates them both and accidentally has Nurse Joy speak in the Audino voice even funnier in my opinion.

Random thought, but anyone find it cute whenever a human character is given the same English voice actor as their Pokémon partner? Like Ash's Bulbasaur and Melanie (its former caretaker), Audino and the BW Nurse Joy and Pyroar and Lysandre. I know it's mainly done out of convenience, but it's a nice touch in my opinion.

Nurse Joy and Audino sharing an English VA also made the scene where a Zoroark impersonates them both and accidentally has Nurse Joy speak in the Audino voice even funnier in my opinion.

There's also an episode in the Diamond and Pearl series where James is impersonating Professor Oak. Which is funny since both characters are voiced by the same person in the English dub.

It must be funny as a voice actor to voice a character that is impersonating another character that you also voice, but at the same time having to sound like the charter that is doing the impersonation.

Emily Bauer reprises her role as Dawn but then again with her still in the cast we all knew she would voice her.

Can't report on much else for now since Teletoon reused the credits from last week's episode.

Last edited:
Emily Bauer reprises her role as Dawn but then again with her still in the cast we all knew she would voice her.

On the other side though, it seems like Scott Williams did not return to voice Darkrai.

Can't report on much else for now since Teletoon reused the credits from last week's episode.
Did a comparison check, sounded to me like Darkrai retains its Japanese voice, same with Cresselia

As a reminder, the GalaxyCon Q&A session with the original dub cast is at 4PM EST today. It's completely free to attend as long as you have a Zoom account and register your email with GalaxyCon!

There will also be another GalaxyCon Q&A session next year on January 23rd that will feature Sarah Natochenny, Lisa Ortiz and Erica Schroeder at the same time.

Does anyone have a good idea who the voice actors are for Shep and Galen in M09?

I strongly doubt the Simcha Whitehill credit for Shep on Bulbapedia is legitimate. Simcha Whitehill is a woman, first of all; it honestly feels like someone just paired the voice they didn't recognize with the name in the cast credits they didn't recognize without doing any further research. And I'm not quite sure if Sean Reyes actually voiced Galen either.

As much as I'd like to have Veronica come back to voice Shiny Ash, I know that'll never happen. THAT SAID, wasn't there a TPCi actor who played the "gets mistaken for Ash" characters after the switch?

Apparently there is a video on Cameo that has Michael Haigney confirming that he voiced Weezing, Ekans and Lickitung instead of Eric Stuart

Couldn't find the video myself

Cameo
Eric Stuart did confirm that he didn't voice Weezing though
Source

Apparently there is a video on Cameo that has Michael Haigney confirming that he voiced Weezing, Ekans and Lickitung instead of Eric Stuart

Cameo
Source
I had a feeling Stuart might not have actually voiced those Pokémon (they're not on my list of roles he confirmed) and the credits of one of the Pokémon Chronicles episodes made me realize Haigney might have voiced Weezing, but all three of them were him? That's certainly a surprise.

I wonder if there are any other roles Haigney did that have been incorrectly attributed to Stuart. I have a feeling Charmeleon (both Ash's and Zippo) might also be one of them. Maybe Metapod? Poliwhirl/Poliwrath/Politoed? Pineco/Forretress?

Edit: Apparently Haigney was Metapod.

Last edited:

Cameo
Source

I feel like while Eric Stuart didn't voice Weezing during Haigney's run on the show, it's possible he played Weezing during the early episodes of Hoenn, shortly before it and Arbok were released. It sounds very much like him.

I feel like while Eric Stuart didn't voice Weezing during Haigney's run on the show, it's possible he played Weezing during the early episodes of Hoenn, shortly before it and Arbok were released. It sounds very much like him.
I noticed when getting the clip from AG047 that BigDocFan posted that in the episode's Trainer's Choice, Weezing's cry sounds almost identical to James yelling "Weezing!". So you might be right.
Bulbapedia listed Tara Jayne as voicing Eliza in AG047 but didn't list her as doing the Oddish

Turns out she did do the Oddish but not Eliza

That caught me by surprise. Especially since she seemingly confirmed voicing Eliza in the past according to the character's Bulbapedia page history.

So did she realize it wasn't actually her when she was shown the clip...?

Back
Top Bottom