• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion (older seasons)

Does anybody know who voiced Treecko in the 4Kids era? Most websites I’ve been on say it’s Dan Green, and it would be really funny if it was, but I’m not sure it sounds like him.

It was in fact Dan Green. He himself confirms it right here - also one of his favourite voices to do, apparently. May want to download this for posterity in case it ever disappears.

Michael Haigney had voiced Blastoise during his time on the show (earlier seasons, movies, etc.). Eric Stuart took on the role later, and you can kinda tell when it's him. I'm 99% sure Haigney voiced Neesha's Blastoise (Shellshocker), alongside several others. He's also played Rattata and Raticate, so it's possible he was Ash's Raticate, and not Jimmy Zoppi.

blastoise.PNG

Michael Haigney had voiced Blastoise during his time on the show (earlier seasons, movies, etc.). Eric Stuart took on the role later, and you can kinda tell when it's him. I'm 99% sure Haigney voiced Neesha's Blastoise (Shellshocker), alongside several others. He's also played Rattata and Raticate, so it's possible he was Ash's Raticate, and not Jimmy Zoppi.

View attachment 158459
I think were a handful of other Pokémon Eric Stuart voiced that were originally done by Michael Haigney. I know for a fact that Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan are in that boat at least (both have individually confirmed voicing those Pokémon), though I'm not quite sure exactly when Eric Stuart took over in their cases.

I think were a handful of other Pokémon Eric Stuart voiced that were originally done by Michael Haigney. I know for a fact that Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan are in that boat at least (both have individually confirmed voicing those Pokémon), though I'm not quite sure exactly when Eric Stuart took over in their cases.
If I had to guess, probably around mid-Johto, when Haigney went to work on Kirby and Sonic X. He still came back to voice Pokemon like Psyduck and Geodude, but not all of them.

In this recent interview with Haigney, he did a little sizzle reel of some of the Pokemon he voiced near the end. He voiced Arbok (probably for a line replacement here and there), but he's also voiced Paras, Parasect, Cubone, and Magikarp. I'm willing to bet for the last few, he voiced Giselle's Cubone, James' Magikarp, and possibly Cassandra's Paras. His Blastoise also sounds very close to the one in the first movie.

In this recent interview with Haigney, he did a little sizzle reel of some of the Pokemon he voiced near the end. He voiced Arbok (probably for a line replacement here and there), but he's also voiced Paras, Parasect, Cubone, and Magikarp. I'm willing to bet for the last few, he voiced Giselle's Cubone, James' Magikarp, and possibly Cassandra's Paras. His Blastoise also sounds very close to the one in the first movie.

Interesting. I know Eric Stuart and Maddie Blaustein had previously confirmed voicing Paras and Magikarp respectively, but it's possible that they took over later. And I thought Parasect usually kept its Japanese voice.

It was actually confirmed already that he did Cubone; in the Pichu Bros. for Party Panic special, he's credited specifically for the role under his "Roger Kay" alias. But it's nice to know for sure that he did Blastoise originally.

Interesting. I know Eric Stuart and Maddie Blaustein had previously confirmed voicing Paras and Magikarp respectively, but it's possible that they took over later. And I thought Parasect usually kept its Japanese voice.

It was actually confirmed already that he did Cubone; in the Pichu Bros. for Party Panic special, he's credited specifically for the role under his "Roger Kay" alias. But it's nice to know for sure that he did Blastoise originally.

I believe the Parasect in the same episode retained its Japanese voice, but maybe for something in the background. And yeah, I'm certain they took over those roles at a later date, much like Blastoise.

I'm surprised he doesn't remember the actor. It was probably someone that was in there once and then never returned to voice in the series

In an email conversation I had with Michael Haigney, he confirmed Neesha was voiced by Amy Birnbaum, and that he provided the voice of her Blastoise Shellshocker. Which I kinda had a feeling about already, but now you know.

Last edited:
In an email conversation I had with Michael Haigney, he confirmed Neesha was voiced by Amy Birnbaum, and that he provided the voice of her Blastoise Shellshocker. Which I kinda had a feeling about already, but now you know.
A tweet confirming this can be found here

I always thought Stuart did Blastoise

A really odd voice actor that I wish appeared on the show more often is Matthew Mitler. Better known for his live-action roles in films such as Return of the Living Dead, he popped up on Pokémon every now and then in the 4Kids era, most prominently as Gym Leaders Rudy and Falkner. His last role for a while was as one of the Wobbuffet Festival punks in Season 4, until he made a brief return in Season 9 after the voices changed. He hasn’t been seen since then.
He did Blastoise later on in the 4Kids run (like Gary's Blastoise, for instance)
The first Blastoise that we see in the anime with dialogue (the one that Jigglypuff got stuck in) is definitely Haigney. Archive audio of this Blastoise was later reused for Gary’s in a Season 10 episode. The earliest Blastoise I can tell that has Stuart’s voice is in “The Pokémon Water War”.

This also raises the question? Who did his voice in the original Super Smash Bros.? It’s a little hard to tell because there’s a distracting audio filter over it, but it sounds like Haigney to me.

With episode 62 I've managed to figure out the voices of the three power plant workers: A.C. is Marc Thompson, Jules is Tom Wayland and Jolt is Bill Rogers.
Just an update/correction on this for the record: Marc Thompson confirmed voicing A.C., but it turns out Jules' voice actor is not Tom Wayland but actually someone uncredited that confirmed their role on Twitter a while back (I won't put their actual name here just in case). I asked Bill Rogers on Twitter if he voiced Jolt and he said that he didn't, so now I believe that's who Tom Wayland actually voiced.

Weezing in “A Poached Ego” along with the wild Ekans and Koffing are definitely Eric Stuart. Weezing sounded different in this and only this episode and you can hear a bit of Stuart’s James voice in it.

By this point Michael Haigney had left and they probably used archive footage for Weezing and some of the Pokémon and for this one, since there were so many different emotions needed, had to recast.

So does anyone know who the Magikarp Salesman was in this random dub Chronicles episode?

I know Eric Stuart voiced him from Kanto all the way into AG in the main Anime dub, then either David Lapkin or more likely Bill Rogers in DP dubbed, and lastly Tom Wayland in BW's dub...but this doesn't sound like Stuart's to me at all...or Anthony Salerno had absolutely no idea what he was doing here as voice director (this episode was one of the worst dubbed ones in the original run, obviously because the Chronicles team was on it, but just wanted to know who this was).

"Showdown at the Oak Corral" Link Removed, episode listed for reference.

Is this Maddie Blaustein trying to mimic Eric Stuart's but with a decrepit older man voice instead? What do you guys think? 2:52 to 3:23 for the time stamps.

Last edited:
So does anyone know who the Magikarp Salesman was in this random dub Chronicles episode?

I know Eric Stuart voiced him from Kanto all the way into AG in the main Anime dub, then either David Lapkin or more likely Bill Rogers in DP dubbed, and lastly Tom Wayland in BW's dub...but this doesn't sound like Stuart's to me at all...or Anthony Salerno had absolutely no idea what he was doing here as voice director (this episode was one of the worst dubbed ones in the original run, obviously because the Chronicles team was on it, but just wanted to know who this was).

Is this Maddie Blaustein trying to mimic Eric Stuart's but with a decrepit older man voice instead? What do you guys think? 2:52 to 3:23 for the time stamps.
First of all, just FYI, you're not supposed to link to unofficial uploads of full episodes.
If it isn't Eric Stuart as the salesman though, it could be Greg Abbey since one of his known pseudonyms (Frank Frankson) is listed in the credits for the episode without a known role.

First of all, just FYI, you're not supposed to link to unofficial uploads of full episodes.
If it isn't Eric Stuart as the salesman though, it could be Greg Abbey since one of his known pseudonyms (Frank Frankson) is listed in the credits for the episode without a known role.
Gotcha, don't know how to find that specific clip but I'll try to avoid that in the future- my bad.
It's either Greg or Maddie: I always found this weird since Dogasu also noticed it in his Reviews, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom