• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion - The Next Generation

Is it true David Kaye is in this Series' English dub? Interesting, if true, Ocean dubbed Recoome from Dragonball Z makes his Pokémon debut here huh?

Is it true David Kaye is in this Series' English dub? Interesting, if true, Ocean dubbed Recoome from Dragonball Z makes his Pokémon debut here huh?
It's ironic the fact he's same franchise as Goku himself (Despite he hates Ocean's Goku) yet there's many Dragonball voice actors that were in series before! XD

Pokémon Concierge is up on Netflix.

Pretty short cast of the previous four announced (Karen Fukuhara, Lori Alan, Josh Keaton and Imani Hakim) with Nick Fisher appearing in the last episode and both Cherami Leigh and Max Mittelman providing the additional voices.

The dub is voice directed by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and casted by Rachel Slotky.

But wasn't one of those newer animations yt shorts actually modeled after the American voice work?

The second batch of Horizons episodes have come out for us UK lot on BBC iPlayer.

New VA's in the batch includes SungWon Cho, Lizzie Freeman, Anthony Bowling, Dawn M. Bennett, Yolis Arroyo, J. Michael Tatum, Shara Kirby and Erika Harlacher.

This is also where Matthew Mercer gets to truly shine for the first time as well.

During my conversation with Lisa on Saturday, she implied some of the Pokemon may be getting new voices during HZ

Signs that confirm this are HZ008 which feature Pelipper and Alcremie but their previously confirmed actors of Laurie Hymes and Ryan Bartley are absent from the credits

During my conversation with Lisa on Saturday, she implied some of the Pokemon may be getting new voices during HZ

Signs that confirm this are HZ008 which feature Pelipper and Alcremie but their previously confirmed actors of Laurie Hymes and Ryan Bartley are absent from the credits

Did she say as to why? Not to pry, but if there's a reason, I'd love to know.

Im disappointed. Those are the same crop of current voice actor dubbers.

One thing I’ve started noticing after watching Pokemon Horizon’s English dub is that with the new Pokemon, if they are based on an animal in the real world, they will simply make the sound of that animal as their cry, instead of saying their name. I’ve noticed this with Sprigatito, Fidough, and Lechonk.

It appears that TPCi is slowly drifting away from having the Pokemon saying their name as their cry as the rule, and rather the exception.

Again, it is interesting that literally only Pikachu keep by ikue ohtani keep their voice and all other pokemon are redubbed. Have rare legendaries been shown in horizons with dub voices?

Back
Top Bottom