• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion - The Next Generation

One thing I’ve started noticing after watching Pokemon Horizon’s English dub is that with the new Pokemon, if they are based on an animal in the real world, they will simply make the sound of that animal as their cry, instead of saying their name. I’ve noticed this with Sprigatito, Fidough, and Lechonk.

It appears that TPCi is slowly drifting away from having the Pokemon saying their name as their cry as the rule, and rather the exception.
Noticed this as well. They kinda have been doing this with JN, but HZ feels like a big leap towards that. Also, can guess why they only keep Pikachu's voice intact is due to it being the face of the franchise. You can say not even Charizard can get that treatment anymore.

Noticed this as well. They kinda have been doing this with JN, but HZ feels like a big leap towards that. Also, can guess why they only keep Pikachu's voice intact is due to it being the face of the franchise. You can say not even Charizard can get that treatment anymore.

I believe only Ikue Otani’s Pikachu is being kept as of now. Because even the other Pikachu that have appeared as of lately that are not voiced by Ikue Otani, have gotten dubbed voices. I believe it’s been that way since Sun & Moon.

I’m assuming that TPCi knows how iconic her Pikachu voice is, and they don’t want to potentially alienate the fan base by replacing the most iconic voice in the franchise.

Ikue Otani’s voice is also globally used and associated with Pikachu in merchandise, video games, toys, etc, and I’m assuming they want to keep things consistent.

I wonder what ikue ohtani s like his voices means for the union dub of the show or does it not matter?

I can imagine other Gen 9 Trainers with their dub voice actors in the main anime:

Penny - Xaynthe Huyn
Arven - Josh Keaton

Katy - Laura Post
Kofu - David Brimmer
Larry - Kevin T Connolly
Ryme - Kimberly Brooks
Tulip - Sumalee Montano
Grusha - Dawn M Bennett

Giacomo - Henry Mason
Mela - Kira Buckland
Atticus - Taliesin Jaffe
Ortega - Jason Griffith
Eri - Tara Platt
Carmen - Haven Paschall

Jacq - Robbie Daymond
Dendra - Monica Rial
Miriam - Emily Jenness
Raifort - Shara Kirby
Saguaro - Sean Reyes
Salvatore - Xander Mobus
Tyme - Kimberly Brooks
Clavell - Michael McConnohie

Harrington - Bill Millsap

Rika - Diana Huey
Poppy - Laurie Hymes
Hassel - Brandon McInnis
Geeta - Mara Junot

Sada - Laura Bailey
Turo - Liam O'Brien

Carmine - Stephanie Sheh
Kieran - Morgan Berry
Perrin - Carrie Keranen

Cyrano - Major Attaway
Briar - Kari Wahlgren

Crispin - Lucien Dodge
Amarys - Amber May
Lacey - Zoey Martin
Drayton - Justin Briner

Last edited:
Even mons like Garchomp had an irregular pattern in JN where at 1st they kept Cynthia's Garchomp voice as is, then replaced it came the masters 8, then kept the voice again came the Semifinals. Basically, JN was probably the most inconsistent in terms of keeping the voices for TPCI. 4Kids I know had a similar thing especially came AG.

I think it’s cool Erica Mendez finally gets to voice a main character, even though it’s a crew member of the Brave Asagi. I remember before Journeys some people, including myself wanted Cherami Leigh to voice a major character and since she voiced Chloe, I felt the next voice actress who should get a major role was Erica Mendez. The next girl who should voice someone is Christine Marie Cabanos. Maybe she might voice Sango…?

I think it’s cool Erica Mendez finally gets to voice a main character, even though it’s a crew member of the Brave Asagi. I remember before Journeys some people, including myself wanted Cherami Leigh to voice a major character and since she voiced Chloe, I felt the next voice actress who should get a major role was Erica Mendez. The next girl who should voice someone is Christine Marie Cabanos. Maybe she might voice Sango…?
It's funny how you mentioned Christine as she did do series before in Origins lol

Four more Horizons episodes are up on the BBC iPlayer in the UK.

Clyde Kusatsu is Kabu's VA while Mitchell is Kieran Regan.

Reba Buhr is also in Episode 20 as Wakaba and Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld is back as well.

This presumably means Alyson was one of the few VA's to be uncredited for Episode 12 (Steenee) due to the UK release reusing the credits from an earlier episode.

Four more Horizons episodes are up on the BBC iPlayer in the UK.

Clyde Kusatsu is Kabu's VA while Mitchell is Kieran Regan.

Reba Buhr is also in Episode 20 as Wakaba and Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld is back as well.

This presumably means Alyson was one of the few VA's to be uncredited for Episode 12 (Steenee) due to the UK release reusing the credits from an earlier episode.
Dawn M. Bennett also shows up in episode 18 meaning she likely voiced Lucca back in episode 12 as well.

Well I want adult Ash to be voiced by Bryce Papenbrook. However if that happens, then I feel Ash will wind up marrying Chloe because she’s voiced by Cherami Leigh so the writers see that both voice the main characters in Sword Art Online. Also Chloe was the only person who saw all 3 of Ash’s Masters 8 battles at the stadium making me feel it seems likely Ash is going to end up with Chloe over any other girl.

Well I want adult Ash to be voiced by Bryce Papenbrook. However if that happens, then I feel Ash will wind up marrying Chloe because she’s voiced by Cherami Leigh so the writers see that both voice the main characters in Sword Art Online. Also Chloe was the only person who saw all 3 of Ash’s Masters 8 battles at the stadium making me feel it seems likely Ash is going to end up with Chloe over any other girl.
That would be funny but cool hearing two of them together even if they did before.

It's like having Goku and Vegeta in show giving these two were in during B&W season lol

I wouldn't look into it much. It was probably just done for funsies with Ed visiting the studio.

That would be funny but cool hearing two of them together even if they did before.
Well I feel if Bryce would become the voice of Ash, then Cherami will play Ash’s wife which will be Chloe. Plus whoever did the SAO dub is now doing Pokemon. Also Cristina Valenzuela is the voice director alongside Lisa Ortiz since Journeys started.

Back
Top Bottom