• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

Not even Charizard is kept anymore. Friede's is dubbed.

And fun fact: it was also dubbed (by Eric Stuart) in EP056 all the way back in the original series.

They actually dubbed Charizard now? I haven’t had a chance to watch Horizons dubbed. Does it still growl like in the Japanese version? Or does it say it’s name?

I wasn’t aware that Charizard was dubbed at one point during 4Kids. I know Ash’s Pikachu has been dubbed a couple of times by Rachael Lilis during 4Kids, and Kate Bristol in M20 (speaking scene).

I wasn’t aware that Charizard was dubbed at one point during 4Kids.
I can completely understand that, since I just re-watched a bit of that particular episode in question where Charizard was dubbed, The Ultimate Test, and it's so brief one could easily be forgiven for missing it completely. It's dubbed for all of.......2 seconds.

Edit: I just re-watched more of the episode, and the Charizard featured in it only speaks twice, about a second each time, so yeah, about 2 seconds total. Plus, the way Eric Stuart voiced it in the episode was pretty quiet and whispery, making it even harder to remember/hear.

Fun fact: Charizard and Victreebel were both dubbed once, in which they were voiced by Eric Stuart, and then never dubbed again after that. (Well, until now in Charizard's case.)

Last edited:
Spoke to Lisa on Saturday, got quite a few voice actor reveals for JN, sadly out of respect for James Carter Cathcart, she wasn't willing to confirm who took over his roles but once James Carter Cathcart recovers and gives the OK, they should be able to confirm

Had 4Kids continued dubbing Pokémon (at least before they went out of business in 2012 and ceased to exist entirely in 2017), here's some examples of who I imagined would've voiced characters in the Diamond and Pearl series and the first two seasons of Best Wishes:

Dawn - Lisa Ortiz
Paul - Jason Griffith
Barry - Wayne Grayson
Zoey - Megan Hollingshead
Cynthia - Kathleen Delaney
Kenny - Bella Hudson (though she already voices him in the TPCi dub, she probably would've voiced him from the start under 4Kids)
Hunter J - Kathleen Delaney
Cyrus - Scottie Ray

Iris - Bella Hudson
Cilan - Sam Riegel
Trip - Greg Abbey
Burgundy - Tara Sands
Georgia - Carrie Keranen

Bella Hudson - Serena
Greg Abbey - Clemont
Tara Sands - Bonnie
Josh Keaton - Alain

Spoke to Lisa on Saturday, got quite a few voice actor reveals for JN, sadly out of respect for James Carter Cathcart, she wasn't willing to confirm who took over his roles but once James Carter Cathcart recovers and gives the OK, they should be able to confirm

Totally understandable. Hoping JCC continues to make a full recovery.

Are there any roles that Lisa was able to confirm to you??

Totally understandable. Hoping JCC continues to make a full recovery.

Are there any roles that Lisa was able to confirm to you??
Centiskorch: Ray Chase
Azurill line: Cherami Leigh
Stonjourner: Ray Chase
Morgrem/Grimmsnarl: Jason Griffith
Cramorant: Marc Thompson
Dubwool: Marc Thompson
Hattrem: Jenny Yokobori
Thievual: Michelle Ruff
Honchkrow: Marc Thompson
Natu: Lisa Ortiz

I was recently browsing through Erica Schroeder’s Instagram page. And I noticed that on many of her posts where she promotes the conventions that she will be in, it lists many of the characters she voices. I noticed that on many of them she has a picture of Piplup.

Did she at any point provide the voice of Piplup? I always thought that Michele Knotz exclusively voiced that Pokemon. Just curious.

I was recently browsing through Erica Schroeder’s Instagram page. And I noticed that on many of her posts where she promotes the conventions that she will be in, it lists many of the characters she voices. I noticed that on many of them she has a picture of Piplup.

Did she at any point provide the voice of Piplup? I always thought that Michele Knotz exclusively voiced that Pokemon. Just curious.
She voiced the main character Piplup in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness/Sky anime specials.
I was recently browsing through Erica Schroeder’s Instagram page. And I noticed that on many of her posts where she promotes the conventions that she will be in, it lists many of the characters she voices.
I actually met Erica at the first anime con I ever went to last July, amazing woman! I took pictures with her and everything, it was great! (y)

Back
Top Bottom