• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • IMPORTANT! Outside The Box as well as Entertainment Inc are going through a restructure Friday, July 3rd, 2020! Look here for more information
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

Reaction score
Ben Phillips (NY) is now going under the name of Aaron Phillips starting with today's dub episode, possibly done to avoid confusion with the other Ben Phillips (Texas).

Run like the Wind, Raboot
Reaction score
I still feel the embarrasment of asking Texas Phillips what his Pokemon role was in the Guzzlord two parter only to learn it wasn't him

Martha Harms is back in the credits so she still voices Jenny

Future VA
Reaction score
@RetroPokeFan actually, Aaron Phillips is his real name
Also listening to his demo reel and narrowing down from SM115 he voices the fat Team Skull Grunt

Also narrowing down from SM115, I can determine that Lisa Ortiz plays the Red Haired Team Skull Member that appears in SM128

Last edited:
Future VA
Reaction score
Pikala's Pikachu, now named Bolt, has a dub voice
Politoed appears and speaks, so guessing it's Roger Callagy like Poliwhirl and Poliwrath?
Wayne Grayson definitely voices Pyukumuku's trainer.

Reaction score
Roger Callagy did voice Politoed during M21 so I don't see why it would be different here

Wonder who Ben Burgess voices

more afraid of you
Reaction score
Anyone thinking Hau's VA would be a good fit for Go? I personally think so and we have seen before new VAs with small parts in the previous series getting main roles in the following (Iris' VA voicing Lyra and a few bit parts comes to mind, but I think there were others).

Reaction score
Anyone thinking Hau's VA would be a good fit for Go? I personally think so and we have seen before new VAs with small parts in the previous series getting main roles in the following (Iris' VA voicing Lyra and a few bit parts comes to mind, but I think there were others).
Not to mention Neo would be better served with material as well considering how lacklustre Hau is in the anime.

Reaction score
If the report I heard was true about Gou being non binary, Cihi would be good there as well as Cihi is also non binary

Reaction score
Ben Burgess or Alex Haynes are now looking more likely to be the voice of Caster.

Reaction score
I really hope Ash's Pikachu (as Pichu) retains it's Japanese VA in SS01.
So do I, as much as I enjoyed dubbed voices, Ikue Ohtani's voice is too iconic to dub over, even for Pichu

As for Go and Koharu, I think Suzy Myers might voice Koharu

Would be nice if Neo Cihi (Hau) does Go

Reaction score
Its sad that they've wrapped up production on Sun and Moon, really excited for the new series

21 years...... Still here!
Reaction score
Those VAs must've surely had a lot of fun with SM. Wondering how many new actors will get for the next series.

Reaction score
I'm hoping we get returning actors like Pete Zarustica, Ryan Nicolls at least