• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

Reaction score
Happy Birthday to J. David Brimmer/Michael Alston Baley.

Known for his memorable deep voice, you could say he's New York's own Paul St. Peter.

He joined the series during the 4Kids era on Episode 47 of the Kanto series as he played Dr. Proctor but it's the DuArt era that featured his two notable roles as gym leaders: Crasher Wake in Diamond and Pearl and Wulfric in the XY series. He also features in the Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky anime special as Dusknoir and as Mannes in the Black/White: Victini movie.

Outside of Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh fans will remember him well as Odion in the original Duel Monsters series and he was also Zodd in both the original Berserk anime series and the Golden Age movies which bought back many of the same actors from the show.

His other roles include Suberoa Zinnerman in Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, Dave McKenzie and Chorum in Lastman, Eye Patch in FLCL Progressive, Mr. Wu in Three Delivery, Polaris in The Little Panda Fighter, Zanramon in the 4Kids TMNT series and Boss in Mazinger Z: Infinity.
==================================================================================
Griffin Puatu voiced Hop in this month’s Twilight Wings Episode.

View: https://twitter.com/griffinpuatu/status/1239944586270633987?s=21

Last edited:
Magmar the Great
Reaction score
I'm hoping this new production may allow the likes of Eric Stuart, Veronica Taylor and Rachael Lillis to return to the series

Meowth Fan
Reaction score
I'm hoping this new production may allow the likes of Eric Stuart, Veronica Taylor and Rachael Lillis to return to the series
Funny laughable and unlikely to happen predictions:

Gou voiced by Veronica Taylor
Brock and Misty voiced by Eric and Rachael in the 1-2 episodes they are likely to special guest in

Magmar the Great
Reaction score
I would assume Knotz and Rogers would retain their Brock and Misty roles if they remain, they could voice new characters and Pokemon

Reaction score
Gou's voice. I guess I prefer the Japanese voice.
Not sold on Gou's voice either but I think the professor sounds pretty decent (even for the most nothing professor I've seen in the series to date).

Reaction score
The Corviknight in the trailer sounded like Cathcart (specifically his Croconaw voice). I'm gonna guess the voice pool will still primarily be the NY group, with some LA guys sprinkled in.

Reaction score
The Corviknight in the trailer sounded like Cathcart (specifically his Croconaw voice). I'm gonna guess the voice pool will still primarily be the NY group, with some LA guys sprinkled in.
That's what I was thinking too, it sounds like his Croconaw and Aggron voice. It also sounds a bit like Electivire too (I know he doesn't voice Electivire). I have to rewatch the clip again when I get home.

Magmar the Great
Reaction score
Just been checking out Zeno Robinson's credits, I'm familiar with his work on Ben 10

Reaction score
I'm gonna guess the voice pool will still primarily be the NY group, with some LA guys sprinkled in.
And ding ding, you're somewhat right.

Goh's actor is Zeno Robinson.
www.twitter.com/childishgamzeno/status/1253466521415774208

And judging by Sarah's Tweet Natochenny's tweet, Professor Cerise is voiced by Ray Chase.
www.twitter.com/sarahnatochenny/status/1253468661496647680
Super happy to see the series will be a LA/NY co dub and extra happy for both Ray and Zeno. Zeno's already been an absolute trooper of a VA having been in stuff like Cannon Busters, Gundam and My Hero Academia and this is another big franchise to add on his list... and Ray, well he needs no introduction, why he's Noctis, Roy, Bruno and The Master of Masters.

Last edited:
Magmar the Great
Reaction score
Megan Hollingshead has returned to Pokemon

Wonder who she voices

Reaction score
Well here we go folks. Pokémon Journeys has finally debuted in Canada... and well uh, hoo ha ha… it's something alright.

First up say goodbye to DuArt and hello to the folks at Iyuno Media Group (they distributed A.I.CO. and Revisions for Netflix though they were dubbed by other companies, this is their first major English dub done by them) who are the new dubbing company for the show. Also say hello to Cherami Leigh who joins the show as Chloe (Koharu's English name) and to Michelle Ruff and a welcome back to Megan Hollingshead (Nurse Joy's original VA). Yes my folks, welcome to a new era of the Pokémon dub. We're in for one crazy ride.

View: https://twitter.com/poke_retro/status/1259159599648837632?s=20

Magmar the Great
Reaction score
It is great to see Megan Hollingshead return, gives me hope that Veronica Taylor and Rachel Lillis who are also based in LA could return