• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

Kellen Goff confirms he's the elder Zarude and also provides many of the animalistic Zarude sounds.

Episode 18 of Master Journeys is up early thanks to Australia.

Aurora Bea who played Florges in XY is gone as well.

How does Cramorant sound?
Just relistened to it to describe it accurately, and honestly upon relistening I don't really think it sounds that similar to Silicobra.

Basically, it squawks its name like you'd expect, but its voice also has a slightly "slippery" quality that vaguely reminded me of Silicobra. But the actual sound is completely different. I think the "slippery" part in Cramorant's case is supposed to be like gurgling, which is actually pretty fitting if you think about it.

It is still crazy Eric Stuart has not come back to pokemon in any VO role. He just came back to voice Marco in Shaman King 2021.

It is still crazy Eric Stuart has not come back to pokemon in any VO role. He just came back to voice Marco in Shaman King 2021.
As already mentioned, he actually doesn't do much voice acting anymore and the dub for the Shaman King reboot I don't think has reached that point where Marco debuts.

I think it's likely he's going to get recast for that role as well.

As already mentioned, he actually doesn't do much voice acting anymore and the dub for the Shaman King reboot I don't think has reached that point where Marco debuts.

I think it's likely he's going to get recast for that role as well.
The X laws Marco episodes are on Netflix Japan with the English dub. Eric Stuart is definitely playing Marco again and it sounds exactly like him.

The X laws Marco episodes are on Netflix Japan with the English dub. Eric Stuart is definitely playing Marco again and it sounds exactly like him.
Wait really? I guess I'll have to see once they're available over here but if that is the case then I'll be most surprised indeed (to the point where I'd eat a hat, if I had one).

EDIT: Watched a little clip and yep, sounds like he's come back.

Last edited:
Yu-Gi-Oh and Shaman King are the exception, not the rule. Those two dubs are really in a league of their own in terms of how many people they were able to get on board to reprise their roles.

And as said before, most if not all of Eric Stuart's roles post-4Kids have been reprisals. Voice acting isn't one of his primary careers anymore, and you have to go out of your way to get him to voice someone nowadays. Getting him back to be someone completely new (since pretty much all of his legacy roles have long since been recast) would be a waste of effort in my opinion, and that's assuming he'd even say yes.

Even Veronica Taylor returning is more likely, since her presence in the voice acting scene has only been growing as of late. That said, she's (understandably) always been the most vocal about wanting to return to her old Pokémon roles since the recast, so it definitely might feel like a slap in the face for her to be asked to return to the series as someone new.

Ryan Andes still hasn't confirmed his M23 role (I've asked him about it though) but based on process of elimination I think he's probably the Alpha Zarude. Anyone agree?

Back
Top Bottom