• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

Any ideas on who voiced Chrom (Koko's birth father) and the mayor? They're the only notable characters in the movie that are still unaccounted for.

Keith Silverstein joins the main anime as Detective Decker himself in Episode 19 of Master Journeys. Not only that but this makes him one of the few VA's to have appeared in nearly every piece of current Pokémon media with him having been in Origins, Generations, Masters and Twilight Wings.

Joining the every growing Journeys cast this week is Anjali Kunapaneni (Fena: Pirate Princess) as Asahi.

And of course James Carter Cathcart returns to voice Gary for the first time in years.

Its good to see an array of actors taking part, that makes three non binary actors to have worked on the show, makes no difference to me if they're non binary or not as long as they do a great job
Four. Hilary Thomas was the first (I don't think they publicly came out until after they stopped regularly voicing characters on the show, though).

Last edited:

Well this shocked me hearing this but DuArt, the previous dubbing studio used for the Pokémon anime has ceased all of it's media services including dubbing and will now focus on real estate holding.

I'm kind of sad hearing about this considering that the DuArt era was the dub era I grew up with the most. It was great that they got a lot of the old VA's back and I'll happily commend them for that.

Alongside that they also played quite a big part in the film industry, having been around for even longer than the franchise itself. I'm talking nearly 100 years under their belt so this is a massive loss not just for the NY dubbing industry but also NY in general.

Totally not related to the fact that dubbing moved away from them! Nope, not at all!

This really makes me sad to see another NY dubbing studio go under. Pretty soon there won’t be any left.

This really makes me sad to see another NY dubbing studio go under. Pretty soon there won’t be any left.
I'm still holding out hope that won't be the case, but yeah, the situation right now... isn't looking great. Same with Vancouver. I like LA and Texas dubs as much as the next guy but I wish they didn't have such a stranglehold over the industry.

I'm still holding out hope that won't be the case, but yeah, the situation right now... isn't looking great. Same with Vancouver. I like LA and Texas dubs as much as the next guy but I wish they didn't have such a stranglehold over the industry.
In this case, the only real NY dub that exists currently is the yu-gi-oh dub. Pokemon possibly after Journeys might just become a purely LA dub/no NY VAs possibly. Unless they want to keep both NY and LA people for the next gen.

In this case, the only real NY dub that exists currently is the yu-gi-oh dub. Pokemon possibly after Journeys might just become a purely LA dub/no NY VAs possibly. Unless they want to keep both NY and LA people for the next gen.
I doubt that would happen for Pokémon. They need NY unless they're willing to give up Natochenny, Knotz and Cathcart.

I doubt they'd drop the other bigger VA's either - Bill Rogers, Erica Schroeder and Marc Thompson to name a few. Well, Bill lived in LA now anyway.

I doubt they'd drop the other bigger VA's either - Bill Rogers, Erica Schroeder and Marc Thompson to name a few. Well, Bill lived in LA now anyway.
Yeah, Wobbuffet alone is a good reason to keep Erica Schroeder around.
Marc Thompson... Well, he isn't technically part of the core cast, but he's voiced so many Pokémon at this point that dropping him would definitely be a loss.

Anyone else bothered by Ash’s voice lately. Even in Secrets of the Jungle it sounded like the old Ash while JN Ash sounds five years younger. It irritates me so much.
It doesn't irritate me but I can understand why it's a bit jarring. Back in XY Natochenny used a much deeper register and her overall performance was more serious, which I think contributed a lot to the perception of Ash being "older" or at least more mature in that series. Since SM, the voice became much higher and excitable in the main series, even compared to BW which Natochenny also did. Part of it was inevitable with the drastic shift in animation, art style and overall tone between XY and SM though.

Back
Top Bottom