• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

This week's episode features Tiana Camacho and Aaron Phillips popping up once more as Bea and her Machamp plus Daman Mills as well.

I'm very curious to know if Paul's VA will be reprising his role for the English dub.

As far as I know, he hasn't been active in the Pokemon dub since the Diamond and Pearl series, and the only major character he voiced was pretty much just Paul. I hope they're able to bring him back.
I'm quite certain Lisa might bring Julian Rebolledo back. Also worth noting that both he and Sean Kenin run their own studio called Hyperbolic Audio.

I'm quite certain Lisa might bring Julian Rebolledo back. Also worth noting that both he and Sean Kenin run their own studio called Hyperbolic Audio.

Interesting, I didn’t know that. Good to hear!

I wouldn’t want anyone else’s voice to be the one that calls Ash “pathetic” lol

Nothing much to confirm this week aside from today's episode being one of the last where Billy Kametz gets to shine as Ren. We will still hear him for some episodes but of course he'll be recast soon.

Get well soon Billy.

Asides from that Daman Mills is also in the episode and I think he voices the waiter that Ren talks to.

There's also a woman in the episode and I presume it's either Erica Schroeder or Ryan Bartley.

Billy Kametz has passed away.

Pokémon wise he was known for voicing Ren, Goh's Inteleon, Raihan's Duraludon, Ash's Rotom Phone and some background characters.

He was also Dr. Zed in the Secrets of the Jungle movie.

In addition he's been in other dubs such as Promare, Rising of the Shield Hero, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, The Prince of Tennis, Persona 5 Royal, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and a few other stuff too.

I'm extremely and utterly devastated to hear this news.

A talented VA gone too soon.

Last edited:
Oh no...oh my goodness this is such sad news. I loved his work in Fire Emblem Three Houses (which is where I first heard of him) and I was sad when he announced that he had cancer but optimistic that he'd be okay. I'm honestly gutted, but more so I'm heartbroken for all his loved ones. Such a terrible loss that no one should have to go through. May he rest in peace.

That's so sad. I wasn't familiar with any of Billy's work outside of the Pokemon dub, but I heard about his cancer diagnosis awhile ago. I was hoping that he'd be able to make a recovery, even with the cancer being at stage four. I hope that all of the support he got after his cancer diagnosis at least gave Billy some more comfort and support. I hope that he is at peace and that his family and friends will be okay.

First Chadwick Boseman, now Kametz? X( Curse those colon cancers. We lost another great young man who was also killed by the same plague.

Igneel's ENG voice actor also passed away because of similar cancer shortly after Kametz's passing. 2022 is very tragic.

:( Everywhere I go. I see their faces. We all missed them.

What will be Kametz's last episode prior to his passing? Who shall succeed his honor?

In JN094, Emlyn McFarland (AKA Emily Williams) returns to the dub after last being heard in the fifteenth season (circa 2013). She's best known for voicing Zoey and Officer Jenny in Diamond and Pearl, as well as Cassidy. Guess we'll see if she voices Cassidy next week. Nice to hear her back, though!

Erika has a new voice, though I'm not sure who it is just yet. her previous actor from I Choose You (Nathalie Gorham) did not return for her appearance here.

Back
Top Bottom