• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

Interesting…. Now I’m really curious to see who will be voicing Cassidy. I thought Megan Hollingshead had a good chance to reprise her role as Cassidy since Emily Williams (her previous VA) wasn’t active in the Pokemon dub for a long time. But seeing her return to the English dub, there’s a 50/50 chance they can either give the role to Emily Williams or Megan Hollinghead.
Honestly, I think it would be too big of a coincidence if they just randomly got back Emily Williams for some minor background character while returning Cassidy's role to Hollingshead in the very next episode (I guess they still follow an unofficial rule of calling the most recent VA for certain characters, even if the previous one is more immediately available). Anyway, is that clip from the S25 trailer enough to guess who voiced her?

Honestly, I think it would be too big of a coincidence if they just randomly got back Emily Williams for some minor background character while returning Cassidy's role to Hollingshead in the very next episode (I guess they still follow an unofficial rule of calling the most recent VA for certain characters, even if the previous one is more immediately available). Anyway, is that clip from the S25 trailer enough to guess who voiced her?
I have the feeling they brought Williams back to do Cassidy and gave her a minor role in 94, was hopeful that it was Hollingshead but the trailer did sound like Williams

I have the feeling they brought Williams back to do Cassidy and gave her a minor role in 94, was hopeful that it was Hollingshead but the trailer did sound like Williams
Yes, that's what I thought too. I doubt they would've called back Williams just in JN094 if they didn't need her for Cassidy in next episode.

Honestly, if I had to pick one character that has never had a good English voice it'd be Butch.

Could never get on with either Eric or Cathcart's voice since the whole Harvey Fierstein-esque voice just seemed so off with his design.

I wish I understood how TPCi operates sometimes with the English dub and it's voice actors.

Because it would make more sense to give the role of Cassidy to someone that originally voiced her, and is a currently active cast member of Pokemon Journeys. Than to go out of their way to bring someone back that hasn't been an active cast member for almost a decade, to voice a character that she only voiced for like 2-3 episodes more than a decade ago.

Out of Cassidy's three VA's Emily Williams is my least favorite one (no disrespect to her work, she's a talented person.. it's just that Cassidy wasn't a good role for her in my opinion).

I actually prefer Cassidy's 2nd VA out of the 3, but I still would've liked to see Megan Hollingshead reprise her role over Emily Williams.

I wish I understood how TPCi operates sometimes with the English dub and it's voice actors.

Because it would make more sense to give the role of Cassidy to someone that originally voiced her, and is a currently active cast member of Pokemon Journeys. Than to go out of their way to bring someone back that hasn't been an active cast member for almost a decade, to voice a character that she only voiced for like 2-3 episodes more than a decade ago.

Out of Cassidy's three VA's Emily Williams is my least favorite one (no disrespect to her work, she's a talented person.. it's just that Cassidy wasn't a good role for her in my opinion).

I actually prefer Cassidy's 2nd VA out of the 3, but I still would've liked to see Megan Hollingshead reprise her role over Emily Williams.

I say if the previous actor is willing to come back, they deserve a shot, especially for consistency's sake.

Honestly, if I had to pick one character that has never had a good English voice it'd be Butch.

Could never get on with either Eric or Cathcart's voice since the whole Harvey Fierstein-esque voice just seemed so off with his design.
My problem with Eric Stuart is he had quite a few characters to play and Butch often interacted with James who he voiced so tried to make them sound different

Guessing Cathcart tried to sound similar to Stuart instead of trying his own take

My problem with Eric Stuart is he had quite a few characters to play and Butch often interacted with James who he voiced so tried to make them sound different

Guessing Cathcart tried to sound similar to Stuart instead of trying his own take

I remember watching an interview with Eric Stuart, and he mentions that when he got the role of Butch, he was told to not sound like Brock or James (something along those lines).

So that’s when he had the idea to make the character sound like Harvey Fierstien.

I remember watching an interview with Eric Stuart, and he mentions that when he got the role of Butch, he was told to not sound like Brock or James (something along those lines).

So that’s when he had the idea to make the character sound like Harvey Fierstien.
I'll give credit where credit is due: as far as the voice actors of the main human characters go, he easily had the most variation between his roles. After a while you start to pick up on the similarities between Veronica Taylor's Ash and May, and even Rachael Lillis' Misty and Jessie, but Eric Stuart's Brock, James and Butch sounded almost nothing alike.

But making a character who is meant to be a more "serious" version of James (at least at first) sound like that kind of undermines the original intent. It comes across as something that belongs more in a parody rather than an official dub.

Y. Chang (Hacker in Akudama Drive and Nail Sainoji in Yu-Gi-Oh SEVENS) and Alexandra Yatishock make their franchise debut in Episode 3 of Hisuian Snow.

Alexandra voices Cyllene while Y. provides additional voices.

Back
Top Bottom