• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

I think it's because as someone mentioned earlier, they likely don't want to pay a license to use the Japanese voice, with the obvious exception of Pikachu. Note how other Pokemon species that kept Japanese voices in previous series, are now getting their voices dubbed over as of Journeys.

Do we know that for sure? There are many instances of Pokemon in Journeys retaining their Japanese voices, even for just a quick background Pokemon. The consistency is never, well, consistent, but we can't say why unless we get a concrete answer from an official source.

Do we know that for sure? There are many instances of Pokemon in Journeys retaining their Japanese voices, even for just a quick background Pokemon. The consistency is never, well, consistent, but we can't say why unless we get a concrete answer from an official source.

Another example of how their inconsistent is JN032 with Sunflora. Sunflora is Pokémon that is usually always dubbed in English. But for some reason they kept it’s original Japanese voice in this specific episode.

But yet other Pokemon that appeared in this episode like Aipom were dubbed, when it usually kept it’s original Japanese voice in the past.

There is also The Arceus Chronicles. I don't know if the Creation Trio keeping their Japanese voices in some scenes is an International-only thing (like Ash screaming while resisting Lysandre's mind control) or if TPCi forgot to dub some of their lines.

Last edited:
I think it's because as someone mentioned earlier, they likely don't want to pay a license to use the Japanese voice, with the obvious exception of Pikachu. Note how other Pokemon species that kept Japanese voices in previous series, are now getting their voices dubbed over as of Journeys.
So........they're being cheap then. Great.

Not necessarily. I brought this up before, but by that logic what was the point of replacing the voice of Goh's Raichu for instance, when his Mantyke and Blue Flabébé (who were voiced by the same person in Japanese) had their voices kept?

The Masters Eight tournament continues where we spend most of the time with two kids called Vic and Toria. In fact we spend so much time with them that Diantha (Vanessa Johansson)'s team gets whooped by Leon (Alejandro Saab).

Suzie Yeung joins the cast and Barrett Leddy pops in as Ash's Rotom Phone at the start.

Last edited:
The Masters Eight tournament reaches it's second to last match before the final as Ash (Sarah Natochenny) finally goes up against Cynthia (Emily Bauer) where anything can happen.

Back
Top Bottom