• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

Part Two of Ash vs Cynthia has aired and their battle continues on. Nothing much to say other than Stephen Fu being heard during Oak's cameos.

Are you saying he voiced Oak in those segments?
No but I'm pretty certain Stephen is voicing one of Ash's Pokémon (most likely Gible since he's listed in Paul's episode as well) since there's no one else left for him to voice.

I recently found out via Facebook (by Michele Knotz) that James Carter Cathcart, the current English VA of Gary, James, Meowth (and many other Pokemon) is currently undergoing treatment of what appears to be an advanced type of cancer.

Just wanted to take the time to wish Mr. Cathcart a speedy recovery and hope that everything goes well.

(edit: Just wanted to say that JCC has publicly opened up about his diagnosis and has a website where him and his wife are posting updates on his medical journey, available for his fans to see. I don't want people to think that I publicly talked about his diagnosis without his permission)

Last edited:
Hopefully Cathcart can pull through and make a recovery. He's played quite a big role in the franchise and it's sad to hear about his diagnosis.

I'm hoping for the best for him. I really wanted to meet him at a con too. Does that mean he won't be voicing the end of his characters?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom