• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

From what I heard from Lisa when I mentioned my surprise at Williams coming back for Cassidy, ''The last person who held the role is the person who had the right of refusal. Continuity goes from there.''

So from what I’m understanding, if Emily Williams would have refused to reprise her role as Cassidy, they would’ve offered to the 2nd previous VA that voiced her during AG (I forget her name). So the chances of Megan Hollinshead reprising that role were very slim to begin with.

So from what I’m understanding, if Emily Williams would have refused to reprise her role as Cassidy, they would’ve offered to the 2nd previous VA that voiced her during AG (I forget her name). So the chances of Megan Hollinshead reprising that role were very slim to begin with.
I can't confirm or deny if that is the case

Ash and Leon's battle continues and the stakes are getting even higher than before.

Say goodbye to Teletoon as well because once Part Three airs next week, the channel will have become Cartoon Network Canada.

Ash and Leon's battle continues and the stakes are getting even higher than before.

Say goodbye to Teletoon as well because once Part Three airs next week, the channel will have become Cartoon Network Canada.
Friday made me cry for obvious reasons and now today cuz of this... guess we have to welcome our CN overlords soon.

It sounds to me more like she can recast a role as long as the most recent VA refuses.

As the action moves over to the Canadian version of Cartoon Network, Ash vs Leon heats up even more as both Pikachu and Charizard finally step up to the fray.

But what's up with Eternatus?

So it all finally comes down to this:

Ash's Pikachu vs Leon's Charizard?

Who will win in this final battle?

A part of me hopes the English dub will emulate the anime and have the voice of Goh, Zeno Robinson, be the voice of the Pokedex in Horizons because he will probably use something closer to his normal voice and I want to hear Hunter from The Owl House spout facts about Pokemon.

A part of me hopes the English dub will emulate the anime and have the voice of Goh, Zeno Robinson, be the voice of the Pokedex in Horizons because he will probably use something closer to his normal voice and I want to hear Hunter from The Owl House spout facts about Pokemon.
As someone who's watched Owl House last night, 1000% in agreement with this.

As Cathcart's cancer treatment continues, it was announced yesterday on his CaringBridge page that he has decided to retire from script adapting and dubbing for Pokemon after Season 25 wraps up, seeing it as a timely decision as the series enters a new era.

Wishing him nothing but the best.

As Cathcart's cancer treatment continues, it was announced yesterday on his CaringBridge page that he has decided to retire from script adapting and dubbing for Pokemon after Season 25 wraps up, seeing it as a timely decision as the series enters a new era.

That is sad to hear, hope the cancer treatment is successful

I know some of Cathcart's roles (mostly James and Meowth and maybe Oak) weren't well liked by most but there's no denying that he definitely played a big pivotal part in the anime's production and it's crazy to think that he's been a part of the series for this long since the very beginning.

I am very grateful for what he's done both in and out the booth and wish him the best too. Also wishing the new script adaptors best of luck as well because they have some giant shoes to fill.

Last edited:
This changes everything. Man's been around since Indigo League and been scripting since the Master Quest season. That takes so much dedication. I knew he would have to leave at some point given his age and this throat cancer, seriously he needs to get that fixed FAST, but it still feels not right hearing this..... guess that means the Horizons dub is going to be DIFFERENT, if this is the case. I hope he gets better and yeah best of luck to the dubbing team for all they've done and what's to come afterwards.

Bummer to hear. I really wanted to meet him at a convention last year to hear more about his non pokemon roles.

Oh no . This is very sad news. But I had a feeling this was going to happen eventually given his age and his condition.

JCC has been with the Pokemon English dub since season 1 episode 1. I want to commend him for all the work and dedication he put in for the past 25 years. He and Rodger Parsons (the narrator) are the only 2 VAs left from the very first episode that were still voicing up to season 25.

Get well Mr. Cathcart and thank you for all your work!

Back
Top Bottom