• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
Started this part up for mostly guessing which voice actor in the dub voices which characters.

It always annoys me that the Pokemon anime never credits the actors to the characters which means for us poor lot, we have to go out on a wild goose chase just to find and ask the actors about this.

And I suppose this can save up space on the review sections of the dub episodes too.

Which means we start with the latest dub episode, S21 E32: A Battle Hand-Off.

EDIT: Today's cast list all but assures us that Michael McMillan and Lauren Kammerling are both Nanu and Acerola so I guess they're settled.

Last edited:
Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Emily Cramer
Abe Goldfarb
Emily Jenness
Barrett Leddy
Lisa Ortiz
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson

WTP is Minior (Core), will have videos soon

Molayne's episode has finally been dubbed. I'm guessing Barrett Leddy voices him.

Dartrix being voiced by Rotomdex would be so meta cuz he also does Rowlet too! Hau is a tough one, maybe Sawyer's VA but I'm sure Ortiz would want someone different.

I do agree with you about Dartrix but we can't deny that several Pokemon have received a different voice actor per evolutionary member, the Pikipek line for example

I did think about Robby Duncan Sharpe as Hau is similar in a way to Sawyer, would be nice to have Pete Zarustica voice a major rival again

Although it’ll be a long time before we see Hau in the dub it’ll be very intresting to see who they get.

If they do go for a guest VA somebody like Justin Briner or Josh Grelle would be perfect.

Never heard of them before but then again, I am from England

I enjoy predicting who voices who, even created a userpage on Bulbapedia for it

They're both actors from FUNimation and TPCI has been sort of known for bringing on FUNi actors for guest roles every now and then. So far in S/M we've seen Ben Phillips (who does Additional Voices in a lot of FUNi dubs) as Hobbes, Carrie Savage (who has done dubbing in all American sides such as LA/Texas/NY) as Sophocles's mother and good ol Mike McFarland (one of the best voice directors FUNi has and even had a guest apperance in One Punch Man) in that baseball episode.

With Smash out tomorrow, the credits have all but confirmed that H.D Quinn is indeed Incineroar.

Seriously though, Quinn in Smash is already pretty damn cool.

Speaking of Smash, Kate Bristol's confirmed she's the voice for the female trainer.

View: https://twitter.com/katelove/status/1071063688361246725?s=21
EDIT:
Back to the anime now with Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld having just confirmed that she’s Tsareena:

View: https://twitter.com/alysonrosenfeld/status/1071524780543754241?s=21

Simona Berman just joined the cast recently. I'm guessing she's the woman who greets Ash and the others in I Choose Paradise and one of the TR grunts in the first part of the Necrozma arc.

It would appear Wayne Grayson voices one of Viren's henchmen

Simona Berman just joined the cast recently. I'm guessing she's the woman who greets Ash and the others in I Choose Paradise and one of the TR grunts in the first part of the Necrozma arc.

Checking online, Simona Berman would appear to be another name that Rebecca Becker (Mimo / Charjabug) is credited as

Back
Top Bottom