• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

Happy Birthday to Oliver Wyman.

He joined the series during the Advanced generation voicing one of May's biggest rivals Drew (before Bill Rogers replaced him) and was also known for voicing Aster Phoenix in Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Big the Cat from the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise and Mortimer Manta in Shaman King alongside appearing in stuff such as Beast Warriors, Jungle Emperor Leo, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and the videogame based off The Warriors.

He then went quiet for a while but since then managed to get the chance of appearing in all three franchises again reprising his role as Aster for his appearances in Arc-V, playing Big the Cat again for the Sonic section of Lego Dimensions and eventually returning to Pokemon to voice new characters such as Gozu and Zeraora.

Guzma is honestly a mixed bag to me.

That "I'm gonna cancel you!" quote was pure gold but some of the delivery for the other moments can be wonky at points. Still it's not bad for the dub standards and for main villain voice standards a lot better than even Archie and Maxie combined.

Last edited:
Guzma is honestly a mixed bag to me.

That "I'm gonna cancel you!" quote was pure gold but some of the delivery for the other moments can be wonky at points. Still it's not bad for the dub standards and for main villain voice standards a lot better than even Archie and Maxie combined.

Guzma delivers his lines so quietly, it makes him sound more sinister

Shame it doesn't list each character they voice, if only Lisa Ortiz was the director, I could ask who voiced who
They can always do what Fire Emblem Heroes does and list both the English and Japanese actors in the character profile at the bottom.

He’s definitely overjoyed about it. Definitely getting Joe Zieja vibes with his announcement on Instagram.

Congrats to him.

Back
Top Bottom