• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

At least we haven't lost every actor like we did when 4kids lost the right to dub
Let's just say they learnt their lesson on the recasting side because I would imagine if they recasted again, some people would go nuts about it.

I am just interest how Leon will sound. Someone with a young and passionate voice.
I'm hoping it's either Jake Paque or Matthew Mercer, slightly leaning towards Matthew (not that I'd have a problem with Jake either). It would be dang cool to see him in a big Pokémon role.

Also insert obvious JoJo reference here.

Last edited:
Megan Hollingshead has returned to Pokemon

Wonder who she voices

Well it will be an abomination if she isn't reprising her role as Nurse Joy. I never did like the current voice for Nurse Joy since the Black and White series. It's just a shame this change in voice actors didn't come in time for the Mewtwo Strikes Back remake.

So with an LA studio involved is it possible that we might see Veronica Taylor and Rachel Lillis return to the series again since they're both based in LA?

Just out of curiosity when it comes to the more known characters, Giovanni was recanted early on only for Ted Lewis to eventually come back on board to voice him again.

Jimmy Zoppi (I think or whatever his name is currently) in contrast stayed aboard from the get go I believe and as such Gary Oak kept his voice for the last times he appeared.

Any other characters who appearing after the 4Kids episodes also keeping their original vas?

Just out of curiosity when it comes to the more known characters, Giovanni was recanted early on only for Ted Lewis to eventually come back on board to voice him again.

Jimmy Zoppi (I think or whatever his name is currently) in contrast stayed aboard from the get go I believe and as such Gary Oak kept his voice for the last times he appeared.

Any other characters who appearing after the 4Kids episodes also keeping their original vas?
With the returning characters so far, Lance’s main anime voice is Wayne Grayson and he’s still pretty prominent in the NY dubbing scene so he’s probably gonna come back to the role and once they get to that episode Korrina (cheating since this is post-4Kids) is voiced by Lisa Ortiz so it’s already sealed that she’ll return.

Most of the other characters we’ve seen so far are from the game or are original so it’ll either be LA or NY actors voicing them.

Also Zoppi’s real name is James Carter Cathcart.

Like Ash and Go riding on Lugia, flying down to join the main anime series this week were Casey Mongillo (Shinji from the Evangelion redub) and Billy Kametz (Galo from Promare).

Also I heard one of the Thompsons (Billy Bob or Marc) as one of the male trainers facing off against Lugia.

Double the birthdays today as we say happy birthday to Ray Chase and Marc Thompson.

=======================================================================================
Starting with Marc Thompson, he's been around ever since the days of Johto and 4Kids wise he's voiced characters such as Mr Big, Colonel Hansen, Attlia, Mitch Mitchum and Maxie (with the snooty voice and all). He left once TAJ took over but once DuArt came in, he eventually dropped back in too in Diamond and Pearl voicing one of Team Galactic's most well known members Saturn and has stayed on ever since, basically becoming a main member of the anime with many other roles including Dr. Zager and Don George from Black and White and the fun-loving, face making Samson Oak from Sun & Moon.

In addition he's voiced many well known Pokémon from the likes of Pignite, Gliscor, Gengar, Noivern, Krookodile, Turtonator and Geodude just to name a few of the many mons.

On the Yu-Gi-Oh side of things he's known for voicing Duke Devlin in Duel Monsters, taking over for Anthony Salerno as Chazz Princeton in GX, Roman Goodwin and Sayer from 5D's and Astral from ZEXAL. Like Pokémon, he's become something of a main member of that franchise too.

His non Pokémon roles also include Casey Jones from the 2003 TMNT series, Degwin Sodo Zabi from Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin, Megatron from Transformers: Cyberverse, Dante Vale from Huntik and Raban from Berserk.

=======================================================================================
Ray Chase recently joined the main anime series as the main professor of the new season Professor Cerise in addition to voicing Marlon in the Masters mobile app but boy, Ray's list of characters has been nothing but exceptional with the great work he's done.

Some of his big roles include the likes of Bruno Bucciarati from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Puri Puri Prisoner from One Punch Man, The Master of Masters from Kingdom Hearts, Eve from NieR: Automata, Etrigan from Justice League: Dark, David Shield from My Hero Academia, Roy from Fire Emblem and one of my personal favourite roles (and one that really brought him onto the scene) Noctis from Final Fantasy XV.

He's been in plenty of big titles and has plenty of surprising appearances and lemme say that I was so over the moon when it was announced he'd be Cerise in the main series. Keep up the good work, Ray.

---

Episode 3 of Journeys sees Kikuna and Renji properly introduced and with it their VA's - Casey Mongillo and returning back to the main anime Tara Sands (the original Bulbasaur and Mokuba).

Emily Bauer is also Officer Jenny and from what I heard of Ash and Gou's Rotom phones Ash's seems to be Billy Kametz and Gou's Erica Schroeder.

Great news to hear that Tara Jayne has returned, gives me hope that other 4kids regulars may come back

Curious to see who may be voicing Scorbunny

Would be good to have Tara Jayne voicing Pokemon again

Back
Top Bottom