• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

I gotta admit, the mix of Los Angeles and NYC VAs into the dub cast is really doing wonders for the dub's voice acting quality. Some of VA choices are still not amazing (like Leon's dub voice, his Twilight Wings English VA is worlds better) but for the most part having VAs who are in a lot of anime dubs already make the episodes sound so new and fresh.

I Still prefer the anime in Japanese tho. ;)

I really wish they had used British VAs or at least British accents for Galar residents (for both the main anime and Twilight Wings). I do still like some of the VA choices, though.
As much as I would've loved that as well, it probably would've opened a can of worms that the dub probably didn't feel it could address - namely once you start giving people accents it leads to questions like why does Ash who is in Poké-Japan have an American accent, among other things.

Ultimately it was probably for the best that the dub kept away from doing accents. :(

As much as I would've loved that as well, it probably would've opened a can of worms that the dub probably didn't feel it could address - namely once you start giving people accents it leads to questions like why does Ash who is in Poké-Japan have an American accent, among other things.

Ultimately it was probably for the best that the dub kept away from doing accents. :(
While it is a good point that Japanese and French accents wouldn’t have really worked for the other regions, I think that British accents are just more iconic to a western audience. I don’t think many people would have batted an eye if the accents were just used for Galar.

Pokémon Masters, for example, has cast Gloria with a British accent and even gave French accents to Viola and Fantina. Koga was given a slight accent as well.

I Think Cinderace Will be Voiced by Casey Mongillo and Lucario by Bill Rogers
It'd be pretty cool if it was Sean Schemmel too. I mean we have Daisuke Namikawa voicing Ash's, they could hammer down the Lucario and the Mystery of Mew references even further if Sean voiced it.

With Iris returning soon I do wonder what they'll do with her English VA considering Eileen Stevens moved to Florida.

With the last batch of this first half out we have Barron Bass voicing Chairman Rose, Jennifer Losi as Oleana, Mary O'Brady (returning since XY) as Professor Magnolia plus Robb Moreira as Oleana's Subordinate.

Daman Mills also voices Dreepy and Coalossal too and Sean Kenin is in the second to last episode.

Also interestingly Laura Post and Cristina Valenzuela are credited as additional voice directors from the Mewtwo episode onwards.

With the last batch of this first half out we have Barron Bass voicing Chairman Rose, Jennifer Losi as Oleana, Mary O'Brady (returning since XY) as Professor Magnolia plus Robb Moreira as Oleana's Subordinate.

Daman Mills also voices Dreepy and Coalossal too and Sean Kenin is in the second to last episode.

Also interestingly Laura Post and Cristina Valenzuela are credited as additional voice directors from the Mewtwo episode onwards.

Mary 'O Brady? Wow!

And interesting about the additional VO directors bit - maybe because of quarantine?

Also wondering why Jessica Paquet didn't come back as Mallow? Maybe scheduling issues?

Jennifer Losi confirms that she voices Oleana

View: https://twitter.com/JenLosi/status/1367920472512335872

I was hoping they'd do a call back to Lucario and the Mystery of Mew by casting Sean Schemmel as Lucario. Sadly not as Bill Rogers voices it again

View: https://twitter.com/billsvoice/status/1367948827018227712

Looking at the credits, part of me was thinking Marc Thompson voices Duraludon but an email from him confirms this isn't the case

At least he confirmed voicing Goh's Farfetch'd

More confirmation of roles from Bill Rogers

View: https://twitter.com/billsvoice/status/1370554369871990785

Happy birthday to Erica Schroeder, one of the biggest major VA’s in the Pokémon franchise.

She joined during the start of the Advanced series as a boy named Tommy in episode 15 and ever since then has been in every single Pokémon series since she returned in Diamond & Pearl when DuArt took over producing the dub voicing a variety of Pokémon from Tapu Koko and Sylveon to characters such as Fantina and Bianca.

In Journeys, she currently voices Goh’s Sobble and his Rotom Phone.

Asides from this, she also voices both Mai Valentine and Akiza Izinski from the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise.

Her most recent roles includes Erica Simmons and Via Hibiki in the NYAV Post redub of Gundam SEED, Veronica in Arte, Zero Gravity Nike in SMITE and Lloyd Belladonna in Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town?

I wonder who is going to voice Iris since her original English actress, Eileen Stevens, has left the anime. Will she return for the role or will she be replaced?
If she hasn't left voice acting altogether, I don't see what could stop her from returning to voice Iris for that episode.

Happy birthday to Erica Schroeder, one of the biggest major VA’s in the Pokémon franchise.

Her most recent roles includes Erica Simmons and Via Hibiki in the NYAV Post redub of Gundam SEED, Veronica in Arte, Zero Gravity Nike in SMITE and Lloyd Belladonna in Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town?

And Monkey D. Luffy on the 4Kids One Piece dub.

Back
Top Bottom