• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

It's pretty neat how proud, transparent, and communicative these VAs are being about their roles in the series on social media, even if they're minor ones.
Agreed, it helps making editing Bulbapedia a lot easier, sadly thanks to social media I've found some of the older roles were miscredited

Bill Rogers told me that people adding his credits for Master Journeys episodes before he's able to add them himself makes it hard for him to do so, so if anyone here's been doing that, I would ask that you would please refrain.

Cassidy's Original VA is in the show so i wonder if she'll reprise Cassidy, since the replacement Cassidy hasn't been in the show for a long while (Bulbapedia says since S15).

I think it's very likely that Hollingshead will get the role back.

Sadly means we also have to hear Butch's Harvey Fierstein voice too (uggh, never liked that voice) but alas I will soon be free from that since this is probably the last time we will ever see the duo.

God yes I really, really hope Megan Hollingshead voices Cassidy again - dub B&C are still meh but Hollingshead's Cassidy was far more enjoyable than her TPCi voice, which I flat out hated. Butch sounds bad in both dubs but for some reason I found his first voice ever so slightly more tolerable than the second, so sadly there's no hope there :p

I think it's very likely that Hollingshead will get the role back.

Sadly means we also have to hear Butch's Harvey Fierstein voice too (uggh, never liked that voice) but alas I will soon be free from that since this is probably the last time we will ever see the duo.
God yes I really, really hope Megan Hollingshead voices Cassidy again - dub B&C are still meh but Hollingshead's Cassidy was far more enjoyable than her TPCi voice, which I flat out hated. Butch sounds bad in both dubs but for some reason I found his first voice ever so slightly more tolerable than the second, so sadly there's no hope there :p

I agree with both of you, i can't stand that 2nd butch voice at all.

I wonder who will voice Regina (or whatever they'll call the Glaceon trainer) in JN087. My guess is Ryan Bartley since it'd explain why she showed up in JN082.

Also can't wait to hear Sean Kenin (Reyes) again as Professor Rowan in JN090, assuming they don't recast him.

Luis Bermudez joins the series presumably as the battle announcer for the Bea two parter.

Also we've managed to figure out the Phillip Thompson name and it's Aaron Phillips who has changed his alias to avoid confusion with the Texas VA Ben Phillips.

Flint will need a new dub voice actor. My first pick would be Wayne Grayson; as we saw with Meyer, I think he's a good match for a lot of Tom Wayland's human voices. My second pick would be Billy Bob Thompson, whose vocal chameleon skills are top-notch in my opinion.

Judging by Volkner though I'm guessing they'll end up going with an LA-based voice actor newer to the series.

Back
Top Bottom