• Snowy finds a Gym Leader lurking in a mine. Watch here as he faces off against Marnie and prepares to battle against Kabu.

BULBAPEDIA: Dubwool possibly based on the Moffat Ram

Reaction score
So given the location in which Wooloo can be found in the game and Dubwool lack of ears and general design, I think it is very possible that Dubwool is based on the Moffat Ram a rather famous and infamous given it's lack of ears and what happened to the sculpture around the Borders located in Moffat:

I admit, when I first saw Dubwool, I kind laughed to myself because that was the first thing I thought of.

Cadillac of Fossils
Reaction score
So given the location in which Wooloo can be found in the game and Dubwool lack of ears and general design, I think it is very possible that Dubwool is based on the Moffat Ram a rather famous and infamous given it's lack of ears and what happened to the sculpture around the Borders located in Moffat:

I admit, when I first saw Dubwool, I kind laughed to myself because that was the first thing I thought of.
I actually think that Dubwool is based on the Jacob sheep. It is a British breed of domesticated sheep, has black and white spotting, and four horns.