• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Duel Academy (Me, Sleeping Giant, and Tanuki)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Yiseeks

The One True Carry
Reaction score
Alright everyone! Let's put a basic rundown of our characters:

Name: Aru Kagami
Age: (Dunno, around 16 or so? How old are they in the show?)

Appearance:
FoolofProphecy.png

Personality: The personification of being carefree, Aru enjoys relaxing and tits, though he has a special fondness for the booty. He considers it his goal in life to see the bare breast of every woman on Duel Academy Island. He thinks Dueling is sorta a waste of time, but acknowledges that 'it sure as hell beats workin for a livin.'

Backstory: Born in a small country town as the third of six children, Aru was six when he saw the climatic battle between Yugi Moto and Seto Kaiba. He considered the entire battle extremely stupid, and went back to playing with his Dungeon Dice Monsters playset, signed personally by Duke Devlin.

When he grew older, however, he realized that it would fall on him to assist his parents and elder siblings with bringing in a reasonable income. Having already dropped out of normal school, the only options left would be hours of back breaking work. Aru immediately stole his sibling's money, a few cards from some kid down the block, and hid himself on the next boat to Dueling Academy.

Deck: LV deck, but missing the higher tier monsters.

House: Slifer Red (They have less security)

Other: As you can probably tell, he's not a 100% official Student.

Attachments

• FoolofProphecy.png
    FoolofProphecy.png
    200.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Name: Ty Kin

Appearance: Ty is 5'6 height and tanned more than a duelst usually would. He has long black hair, that reaches to the middle of his back, and puts it up in a ponytail. Ty isn't too big on build but isn't skinny either, he has enough meat on his body as well as leanency. Ty also has dark blue eyes that seem to pierce the souls of the weak and a face that most wouldn't be able to think could smile.

Personality: Ty has quite the attitude to weak players in the world renown game of Duel Monsters and tends to be a prick to poor players. He only treats those with great strength in the game as equals and hopes to attain that strength. Ty doesn't really act too out of line, actually he doesn't do anything that would damage his dueling experience. He treats those who don't play as people lower than himself or pheasants for lack of better term. Ty can be carefree an lax an has the most fun against people of equal or greater skill within the game.

Backstory(?): Ty is the youngest of three brothers whom has great skill in the game. They taught him to treat those with strength with the upmost respect. The reason being that only the strong make the rules. The three brothers played the game for fun until the first two we're sent to duel academy and made money playing professionally. With the legacy in tow Ty set out to apply duel academy three years later and easily passed the exam but only made Ra yellow dorm where his brothers made Obelisk blue dorm.

Deck style: Speed summoning Cyber deck. (Only lacking a good set of fusions)

Other: They can be of any age as long as they are not over 21, maybe.

Last edited:
Name: Shō Shigemura

Appearance: image.jpg

Personality: Shō is cold, calculating. Analyzing each move and seeks every possibility before making a decision. His disposition can seem unsympathetic; however, he just reserves most of his energy for thinking. Moreover, he tries to avoid conflicts and plays the middle ground, speaking equivocally for everything. This does not mean he is indecisive. When it comes down to dueling, all that energy and all that thinking culminates, bursting forth into a cunning duelist. He may not have the best cards, but he has the skill to utilize his hands to turn the tide over and over again. In the end, it was "Just a part of the calculations."

Backstory: Shō grew up alone. Homeschooled until the age of twelve, he had never made contact to the outside world save for text books and computer monitors. Those days of sheltered learning ended when his parents, on a trip to Switzerland to obtain LHC designs for Shō to study, died as their private jet crashed into the alps, leaving their twelve year old son more alone than ever. Thrust into the world with knowledge that could shake the foundations of the world, Shō was shunned and detested. No one got too close to him; Shō never got close to anyone.

Shō spent four years, bouncing around from place to place. From the get go, he was privileged, his parents allocating money from innumerable scientific grants. With the money and connections he earned, he decided to enroll into the Duel Academy. The card game was a family favorite, the only memories he had that didn't involve studying were of him and his father dueling. A combination of strategy and luck that intrigued his mind. Shō believes that the Duel Academy will be a great way to spend some time, finally test his skills on those worthy.

Deck: Brotherhood of the Fire fists (no synchros or xyz)

House: Obelisk Blue ( Though he doesn't care for titles)

Other: Think this should balance us out

OOC: Alright, Lets do this! And great sign up, Sleeping Giant!

Aru opened his eyes groggily, looking outside of his dusty dorm room via a small crack in the grimy window. The batch of students this year were good, good enough that only a few students were placed in Slifer Red which allowed this particular dorm room to be left abandoned. Aru had snuck in the first night there, sneezing hysterically from the massive amounts of dust. He looked at his schedule (or at least, the schedule of a blue haired midget) and cracked his neck with a yawn. Looked like Slifer would be having Deck Construction alongside Ra Yellow under Professor Banner. He slipped his deck into his pocket, opened the door just a crack to check for anyone walking by, than began his trek to the classroom.

Last edited:
oOc: thanks seiryu

Shō awoke to the sound the sound of an alarm clock. He grabbed his clothes, dressing in a flash. Prepping and cleansing only took fifteen minutes. Of course, when everything you wear looks exactly the same, there is nary a choice to be made before getting dressed. Since he did so well on the exams, he was able to TA for a deck construction class with professor Banner. Students from both house Slipher red and house Ra Yellow would be attending the class. This will be a good chance for him to assess the functions of the other student's deck as well as assess Duel Academy's standards for what their students' decks should be like. Shō does however, not look forward to dealing with his cat Pharoah. In any case, the day calls for work to be done. It would be a sullen reminder that Shō broke the rules. Today someone is late, tomorrow someone is committing multiple felonies.

Ty wakes up to the light coming in from his window and gets ready for the day, the usual morning duties. He also grabs a notepad with his deck that he puts on his belt and went off to Deck Construction. Though when he enters the classroom, Ty saw a cat on the table instead of a teacher. With strange thought occurring through his mind, he sits in the back of the room.

Aru snuck in behind some Slifer student with a huge brown mass of hair, who was busy talking to a blue haired midget who seemed to be missing his schedule. Aru played with the stem in his mouth as he sat in the very back, his coat making a stark contrast to the uniforms of the other students. He noticed the cat atop the table, and shook his head. "Every freakin duelist gotta be a weirdo, now we get a fockin cat as the teach?" He muttered.

"Students accounted for. Teacher is... Anyway, I'll just wait for everyone to settle down." Shō read about the antics of Professor Banner. He choose to ignore Pharaoh and wait patiently for the Teacher to arrive. He noticed some last minute arrivals behind a shaggy haired Slipher red and some sort of blue haired midget. One was Ra Yellow, a notebook on his belt. The other was wearing non-regulation attire. Shō decided to talk to the frivolously dressed one. However, both seemed to like sitting in the back. "Are you aware that this academy adheres to a dress code, Mr..."

Raising an eyebrow, Aru acknowledged the Obelisk Blue in front of him. "Eh, Kagami. And I'm in Slifer Red, but they, er, ran out of uniforms for me." He lied through his teeth, leaning back in his chair. "So, know where the teach is?"

OOC: Also, I want you guys to think of some character specific arcs for your characters, to help flesh you guys out a bit. I feel that a lot of RP's tend to die off because people don't get to see their characters have enough screentime, and they feel more like props. How does that sound?

"No idea. I bave nit been prepped on today's lesson. I am only here to assist on basic tasks and observe the students. As for your attire, I can let it go today. Though in the future, try to find that you adhere to school policy." Shō understood that Kagami was lying, though the absence of the teacher takes presedence over a Slipher red. "Just between you and me, I'd rather we get some guniea pig to prove a hypothesis of mine. You, over there, come here at once." Shō motioned for the Ra yellow to join them.

OOC: That sounds good. Maybe something about alchemy (seeing how we're in Banner's class) or maybe something about the sacred beasts. I don't remember much of GX if you wanted to incorporate its arcs with ours. For now lets try to get our characters to introduce each other.

OOC: Yeah, makes sense. But I was thinking more of like...Hm, Okay so you know Naruto? How the Hidan/Kakuzu arc focused more on Team Ten? Or how ITachi Pursuit focused more on Itachi and Sasuke? Something along those lines. So for Sho, maybe another relative attempts to pull him from duel academy? Ty could have something with his brothers...I'm debating whether to have one where my siblings attempt to get me, or one where I duel a ghost girl who uses a spirit deck.

Aru raised his hand in a lazy salute. "You got it, boss." He quipped, leaning back in his chair. He cast a glance at the cat, which was just sitting there, staring into his soul.

Ty sees the Obolesk blue student motion to him and walked over to the two students. "Is there something wrong?" Ty really wondered what kind of deck the student and the "Vagabond" run.

"The whereabouts of Professor Banner are unknown to both me this student here. I have concluded that actions must be taken to keep constant the schedule of this class. We must put aside our differences and work together to fund the missing teacher. My plan is as followed: I will supervise as tactician, Kagami will run surveillance, and you will act as the infiltrator. This is a very important mission that will require you to live up to the honor and code of the Duel Academy. Will you accept?"

OOC: OH SHIT TATSUMI IS KILL

Aru picked his ear with his pinkie, glancing at it before flicking it away. "That sounds great and all, but lets be honest here. This is Deck Construction, something which any idiot with internet access can work on." He said, pulling his hat over his eyes and yawning. "I vote we just hang back in class and rest."

"I don't really see the point on why or what our teacher is doing. But we should try to do work, if ur the TA then actually tell us what we are supposed to do in class and while we work you try to find the teacher." With that Ty leaves and goes back to his table writing on his notepad. TA in Deck Construction class is a stuck up snob and should not be a difficult challenge.

"Fine, if you both wish to wait, I will follow suit and stay my hand. If we are going to wait for the teacher, we should do some classwork. The three of us should check out each other's decks. We are in a deck construction class. If you don't mind at least." Shō grabbed an empty seat, revealing a glass case from within his jacket containing his Brotherhood of the Fire Fist deck.

Professor Banner finally entered the classroom, catching sight of Sho withdrawing his deck. "Ah, sorry I'm late Sho! I'm glad to see you taking a hands on approach. Are you fancying a duel with your fellow classmates, Nya?"

The Slifer boy with a large mass of brown hair immediately turned around at the mention of duel. "A duel? Man, count me in!"

"I'm game. I'll play the guy in the odd outfit," Ty gestured to the Slifer kid,"That is if you can handle it Peasant." He chuckles to himself as Ty sits down at an empty table waiting to "kill" another player before him.

Aru raised an eyebrow and snorted a laugh. "Uh, hate to break it to ya, but you're talking about a card game. This is an academy for learning how to play card games. Calling someone a peasent over a card game is a pretty douche thing to do, ya hear?" He said, sitting across from Ty and withdrawing his very worn out deck. Some of the cards were bended horribly, with dozens of small rips and tears. "Alright, Ill take you on."

Jaden smirked, bringing out his Elemental Hero deck. "That means I'll duel you, Obelisk Blue!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom