• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dumbest NPC?

Every trainer that doesn't switch out their pokemon when they are at a clear disadvantage... Ok that's a lot.

Almost none of the NPCs you guys are describing are stupid. They're "annoying" but not "dumb".

Mm. I would say..

Of ones I can recall, the guys that challenge you with a team of Magikarp who don't even know Tackle.

Sometimes I think the guys with teams full of Magikarp is the byproduct of Gamefreak trolling.

^It's good for speed EVs

Anyway, I say prof. Oak for not knowing his own grandson's name
Posted via Mobile Device

JOEY AND HIS RATATA.
Yeah, or he has amazing insight because his Rattata is in the top percentage of all Rattatas, having perfect IV's.

If anything, its his haters that are dumb, who assume that the statement that his rattata is at the top percent of all rattatas mean he's saying that his Rattata is the best Pokemon. That's like someone thinking that a person who says their first-grader is at the top of their class to mean the first grader is smarter than a grad student.

I really would say Whitney. She's a gym leader who cries because she lost a battle.

Of ones I can recall, the guys that challenge you with a team of Magikarp who don't even know Tackle.

This.

It was funny to battle that trainer.
Couldn't really attack me back...

Thanks.

Silver. I'd say either yongster joey or the youngster in FR/LG that says "I like shorts! They're delightfully comfortable and easy to wear!"

Aww... I was going to say that!

But otherwise, I'd have to say Claire. I mean, she just. Doesn't. GET IT. I mean, you know that with the dragon master in G/S/C or HG/SS, you'd have to answer the questions with the most goody-goody answers possible, and she keeps failing again and again. >.>

A lot of the grunts from their respective evil teams. And Magikarp-exclusive trainers, too.

Professor Birch. Say all you want about Joey's Rattata or Grunts who speak broken English, but a man of his intelligence shouldn't have to ask an 11-year old to scare away an attacking dog. That he angered.

Oak too. He spent all this time making the Pokédex, then hides away the information until you've caught the Pokémon in question first. Practically beats the point.
Oh, and he doesn't even remember his own grandson's name. (None of this applies in the anime)

High-grade Universities (given they exist at all) must be very easy to graduate from.

Oak too. He spent all this time making the Pokédex, then hides away the information until you've caught the Pokémon in question first. Practically beats the point.

I think we're meant to assume that Red/Leaf wrote the entries. Don't ask how they know what order to list the Pokémon in, though.

As for who I think the dumbest NPC is....anybody who uses a fucking Bidoof. That is all.

[No offense towards players who use said Pokémon. Just NPCs.]

Oak doesn't remember his own grandson's name. Also, those of you who say the player, this is an NPC thread.

All those trainers who never evolve their pokemon despite them already having soared past the point at which they evolve. And those that uses multiple pokemon of the same species.

May, even after i've beaten the Elite Four. she still showS up at the end, then gets mad when shes told for the 100th time that shes not allowed in. Someone needs to get the hint.

Haha, this for serious. D8 I'd quote this, but I'm already at the signature limit...

And that guy with the full-team of Magikarp, definitely.

this galactic grunt in eterna deserves a mention:
"I don't know what they are, but I'm blindly following the ambitions of Team Galactic!"

lord save us from idiots like him

Last edited:
all those rocket/magma/aqua/ect. grunts and the fisherman that always say ''I just cought some AWESOME pokemon! I'm gonna battle you! and then sends out six magikarp -_-

Last edited:
Crasher Wake. He kept on using the same move on my crogunk even though it restored it's health.

The old man in FR/LG in Viridian City who prevents you from going any further just because he didn't have his coffee! But then again, he does teach you how to catch a Pokemon...
The trainers who won't let you go past somewhere in the games.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom