• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Durant vs Heatmor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gengarzilla

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
And so, the second advent of the classic Seviper/Zangoose rivalry has been born, in the form of Durant, a Bug/Steel type, and Heatmor, a Fire type. Sure, the odds seem a bit against Durant in terms of typing but types aren't everything in Pokemon.

Looking at their stats, Durant zooms by as the fastest Steel type outside of Steel Arceus, and packs decent physical stats to boot. One major flaw would be low special stats, which Fire types have often preyed on in the past.

Heatmor's best stat is Special Attack, with Attack not too far behind. Its other stats are average to say the least and it sometimes seems outclassed by other Fire types like Chandelure. However, Heatmor has higher HP, which can help in a pinch.

Who is your favorite?

I honestly don't know much about either of the two, but I vastly prefer Durant because of its design - I just can't stand Heatmore. I have also used Durant in PO and it's a major powerhouse with Hustle + its speed.

I don't really care for either, but I'd say purely based on design that Durant would be my pick. But even then, I'm still not particularly fond of him.

And so, the second advent of the classic Seviper/Zangoose rivalry has been born, in the form of Durant, a Bug/Steel type, and Heatmor, a Fire type. Sure, the odds seem a bit against Durant in terms of typing but types aren't everything in Pokemon.

Looking at their stats, Durant zooms by as the fastest Steel type outside of Steel Arceus, and packs decent physical stats to boot. One major flaw would be low special stats, which Fire types have often preyed on in the past.

Heatmor's best stat is Special Attack, with Attack not too far behind. Its other stats are average to say the least and it sometimes seems outclassed by other Fire types like Chandelure. However, Heatmor has higher HP, which can help in a pinch.

Who is your favorite?

Hello, before making a contest thread, please check the contest hall index (here) to see if one already exists for it. If a contest already exists, please don't make a duplicate. Heatmor vs Durant already exists (here) so I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom