• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DVs of in-game battle Pokemon

Porygon

who drew that ugly thing
Reaction score
Say I battle a random trainer in RSE, will the DVs/Stats/Gender/etc of that Pokemon from that trainer be the same in every copy of the games, or are they different depending on random values and whatnot? Thanks.

I don't mean wild Pokemon, only those owned by trainers.

Hmm, I have a feeling that their stats may change everytime the game is reset (turned off and on). I say this because I've reset after I lost a battle in the E4, and when I went back to battle that same Pokemon again, one of my moves did slightly better/worse that second time around. So, my conclusion is that their stats change everytime. Their genders may not, but the stats may. :p

Then again, I could be completely wrong, so anyone that has 100% confirmation can prove me wrong. :p

IVs and EVs are pre-set. There is a small random factor in damage calculation, and let's not forget about such small things as stats-raising moves and critical hits.

Ah, so the damage changes randomly throughout battles. That clerifies things for me, and also gives a definitive answer to Porygon, thanks Zhen.

(On a side-note, I notice Porygon that you're from Orange County...I'm from OC as well. Just a random tidbit. :p)

IVs and EVs are pre-set. There is a small random factor in damage calculation, and let's not forget about such small things as stats-raising moves and critical hits.
Alright, I knew for a fact they wouldn't change once you had already battled them once, but I thought it could be like Lati@s in R/S where it's different between games- yet still consistant throught the same game.

(Anothing Pokemon fan in SoCal?? Is that possible?? ;P)

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom