• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Dynamax Adventures

I love these. Really.

After losing so many Pokémon in Max Raid battles, this is a nice change. I don't have to worry about the catches and I can get my Legends in the Balls that I want: my Mewtwo is chilling in a Luxury Ball because he deserves it!

I did manage to get myself a shiny Midnight form Lycanroc, then went back and re-battled the Ultra Beast and caught it. Which didn't suck.

I managed to find Palkia; since I'm playing Sword that was sheer luck in joining someone else's DA. I haven't caught it yet, as I'm trying to get a shiny, but it might take me a while. The RNG doesn't even want me to have a regular one with a decent Nature, so the shiny will be a while.

For anyone having problems with other players out there, I've been taking screenshots of everyone who pops into my DA and if they do anything ridiculous, I find them on Y comm and block them. My block list has gotten fairly long over the last few months... Ugh.

I was enjoying this feature...until I discovered I've screwed myself out of shiny hunting some legendaries that I totally would have hunted. They don't tell you you can't catch a legendary you already caught until AFTER you've caught it. There was no way I would have known. This is incredibly stupid. Don't want people to have a bunch of one legendary at once? Didn't stop GF from making the bird trio random wild encounters in the Let's Go games. But at the very least, we should be told beforehand that we can't catch a legendary we already caught. That way I'd have at least known to continue without taking a regular color legendary.

Oof, I feel that.

I literally don't understand why GF didn't allow us two catches on each Legendary/Ultra Beast. The extras could have easily been trade fodder to help complete everything. Or, if you're anything like me, you could go for a shiny and then go for a decent Nature or stats. (Some of my Legends have great, but not awesome stats. Which blows.)

Most of the Legends I want to shiny hunt are Shield natives, so I have another chance. If push comes to shove, I might just yank everything off Sword, restart my game and retry a few DAs. There's always that, I guess.

I did get my shiny Palkia. It took me about three weeks. Now I face the decision of "Do I train him or do I leave him untouched for another game...?"

If push comes to shove, I might just yank everything off Sword, restart my game and retry a few DAs. There's always that, I guess.

You can always start a new save file without deleting your existing one by adding another profile to your Switch. Unless you add another NSO sub it’ll mean doing the DAs solo but I’ve found the computer AI is better in the DA setup than general Raids.

I kid you not some random person chose a chansey and kept using Heal Pulse on the Dynamax pokemon. IDK if he/she was trolling us but it was so annoying and there's nothing you can do about it.

Damn. There is NO WAY that wasn't deliberate trolling. Not even a beginner could be THAT ignorant.

Another advantage to playing solo is that you and only you can choose what pokemon to face next. I've had several runs with other players who choose to fight mons that are strong against most of the team...

Giving several people power over a single decision under circumstances in which the group can't discuss the options is a poor mechanic that dilutes the individual input.
It's similar to splitting a restaurant bill so that the same contribution is required of all participants (i.e $20 from each member of the group) when all had different amounts of food and one or more people might not have even touched the appetizer.

I'm now even more turned off from doing this event with real people or rather I would be if I were ever planning to do it again which I'm not since I got the one Pokemon I wanted from it.
The one exception might be if I get Shield which I hope to at some point and once again just to grab that same Pokemon. Right now I only have Sword.

Also, there are some really bad rental pokémon. If they didn't want us to run over every den they should've just not allowed legendaries and have some sort of level cap and let us use our own pokémon.

Yes, I don't understand the reason we can't use our own Pokemon. If OPing the dens is the concern there could have either been a level cap or a designated level that is imposed exclusively in the Max Den. i.e how all Pokemon are auto increased or reduced to level 50 in every game's battle tower or whatever a specific game is calling it. At least I remember that being the case in at least one I've tried but I don't do 'em often.

As much as I find some aspects of Dynamax Adventures frustrating (mainly dealing with Randos who are either terrible or trolling the group) it’s still one of my favourite parts of Sword/Shield. I love that it’s a co operative multiplayer option, I’ve tried to get into online battles a few times but just never really enjoyed it.

Max raids appealed to me a bit but there wasn’t good enough rewards from regular ones to hold my interest for a long time. The prospect of some decent shinies and wanting to shiny hunt legendaries is a massive reward from DA that’s keeping my interest.

As for the rental Pokémon thing, I didn’t like it when it was announced but since playing I really enjoy it as a challenge-it means using Pokémon I wouldn’t normally use, really thinking about move sets etc - normally in general playthroughs I just pick Pokémon based on their designs!

I’m still enjoying DAs while there’s a decent amount of people playing - once it becomes more of an offline thing I suspect it’ll be a lot less enjoyable.

I love doing them. I always do them alone, but the NPCs are so annoying. Especially Peonia. For example, she'd use Entrainment on everybody even though we all had good abilities. And one person used some healing move (can't remember which) even though everybody had full HP. And they're always getting rid of their great Pokémon. A couple of times, I just took every single Pokémon just so nobody would get rid of their bad ones.

I still love them and have gotten lots of shinies. Jellicent, Metang/Metagross, Vileplume, Uxie, Cresselia, Stakataka (which I got today)

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom