• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

Matleo

Reaction score
I have a weird feeling they showed us G-max forms without type and ability changes to let those with them as a big surprise. Taking amount of megas and z-moves at least 12 or 18.

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
I have a weird feeling they showed us G-max forms without type and ability changes to let those with them as a big surprise. Taking amount of megas and z-moves at least 12 or 18.
=P I have a feeling that none of them will have type or ability changes and their only difference will be their G-max moves and forms.

Matleo

Reaction score
=P I have a feeling that none of them will have type or ability changes and their only difference will be their G-max moves and forms.
Stats need yo change. I doubt they would create worser stronger 3 turn megas. Some need too.

Oriden

Reaction score
Stats need yo change. I doubt they would create worser stronger 3 turn megas. Some need too.
I meant difference from Dynamax, which is already confirmed to increase at least HP.

Knightwolf09

Reaction score
And Dynmax level remains a mystery, which could play into why only HP seems to increase but we're not sure

Matleo

Reaction score
The Hp of G-max was someone able to compare the difference with D-max?

I have hoped Drednaw would get Disquise when G-max. Or Sap sipper as third ability.

G-Alcreme would deserve gooey but maybe needs sleep prevention this gen.

Knightwolf09

Reaction score
The Hp of G-max was someone able to compare the difference with D-max?

I have hoped Drednaw would get Disquise when G-max. Or Sap sipper as third ability.

G-Alcreme would deserve gooey but maybe needs sleep prevention this gen.
We can compare via visual evidence of screenshot, and D-max shares as much of an HP boost as G-max does.

Matleo

Reaction score
We can compare via visual evidence of screenshot, and D-max shares as much of an HP boost as G-max does.
But no comparision in other stats and move power?
They. make this a big mistery.

What pokemon gain the most on hp rise?

Knightwolf09

Reaction score
But no comparision in other stats and move power?
They. make this a big mistery.

50% increase it seems. As for move power, it's like z-moves in which the power of the max move depends on the move that changes.

Oriden

Reaction score
It seems to be about a 1.5x increase on HP, so whichever pokemon has the highest HP stands to gain the most... provided that it's even available in Galar. So as far as we know right now, the highest would be Dynamax Wobbuffet with a whopping 285 base HP.

Matleo

Reaction score
I don't know, because it does have Counter and Mirror Coat which aren't status moves.

It'd still have the highest HP anyway. XD Whether it's useless attack-wise or not.
G-max Wobbufet? somehow they would need to buff Counter and Mirror Coat making them better.
Practically G-max move for Wobbufet would be G-max Mirror Counter Guard that could work like both moves actually.
_

Who would win a theoretical batle between Dynamax Abomasnow and Mega Abamasnow?
taking what we currently know about it?
____
Maybe they want this game without megas and Z-moves to know our opinion how they all should work when in one game?

Should Mega pokemon be allowed to Dynamax or would it over power them?
I think that Mega stones should work seperate if something
G-max and Mega together that would be more then too much for 3 turns the same with D-max.

Hmm Z-moves and Z-stones if theoretically you D-max or G-max a pokemon then all moves are Max moves... should it be possible to use a Z-Max move? Also seems overpowered here in my opinion.

A Z-move that could trigger a Mega or G-max form on the other hand would be interesting.
____

Hmmm is there a risk that some G-max moves will work like Blast Burn and cause a G-max pokemon to loose a turn?
Hmm 3 turns transformation has already a weakness implemented.... What if a G-max pokemon auto fainst after the turn count ends? should it or should it not what do you think?

Last edited: