• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

You can check out the gym demo footage to see. I say check out the Corviknight one cause that one has him turn back mid battle

checked, both did , after reverting back they loose a little amount of hp beyond the damage of the moves before used.

Charizards wings became made out of fire, it's eyes are burned out...
Looks more ghost now then Chandelure and Alolan Marowak...

The Ghost type is something spiritual, something connected to the afterlife and the dead. GMax Charizard is A) not dead, B) not spiritual, and C) not connected to the afterlife. Having fiery wings and glowing eyeballs does not magically it an undead spirit or connected to the afterlife in anyway. There's several non-Ghost types with glowing eyes and flaming body parts; do you think Dialga or Emboar should also be Ghost types?

Charizard learns Shadow Claw... also psychic moves but could actualy get more ghost moves but that would not matter taking nature of Max moves. Maybe will learn a special ghost move one day?

Meowth became longer and it's head symbol changed, glows and body became unnatural totally...
its pokedex entry says it sneaks without leaving footprints. It learns Shadow Ball, Spite and Shadow Claw. We alredy have psychic cats, have alolan dark form and making a normal/ghost pokemon out of it and giving it a better ability would be quite interesting.

Just because a Pokemon learns moves of a certain type doesn't mean that it should be that type. By that logic, there's more justification for GMax Charizard being a Ground type because it can learn both Earthquake and Dig. And while Meowth is sneaky and does not leave footprints, A) I could easily use those traits to justify giving it the Dark or even Fairy type instead, and B) nothing about sneakiness or not leaving footprints magically makes it deserving of the Ghost type. As I said before, Ghost types are spiritual beings and/or beings with a connection to the dead and the afterlife. Alolan Marowak's cursed fire is the spirit of its mother. Chandelure burns souls. Nothing about GMax Charizard or Meowth indicate they have any connection to the afterlife, spirits, souls, and the dead, a connection that Alolan Marowak, Chandelure, and pretty much all other Ghost types have.

Last edited:
The Ghost type is something spiritual, something connected to the afterlife and the dead. GMax Charizard is A) not dead, B) not spiritual, and C) not connected to the afterlife. Having fiery wings and glowing eyeballs does not magically it an undead spirit or connected to the afterlife in anyway. There's several non-Ghost types with glowing eyes and flaming body parts; do you think Dialga or Emboar should also be Ghost types?

Just because a Pokemon learns moves of a certain type doesn't mean that it should be that type. By that logic, there's more justification for GMax Charizard being a Ground type because it can learn both Earthquake and Dig. And while Meowth is sneaky and does not leave footprints, A) I could easily use those traits to justify giving it the Dark or even Fairy type instead, and B) nothing about sneakiness or not leaving footprints magically makes it deserving of the Ghost type. As I said before, Ghost types are spiritual beings and/or beings with a connection to the dead and the afterlife. Alolan Marowak's cursed fire is the spirit of its mother. Chandelure burns souls. Nothing about GMax Charizard or Meowth indicate they have any connection to the afterlife, spirits, souls, and the dead, a connection that Alolan Marowak, Chandelure, and pretty much all other Ghost types have.

Charizards and its preevos dex entry about its fire beeing its life force? Soul fire? If the soul is the ghost? You dont need to die to release it?

What happens when it bursts out of the body that it burned it wings and replaced with fire? Also the sun symbol on its stomach... Symbol of the sun is related with egiptian afterlife and dragons, snakes, fire lizards were related with the afterlife... Write after life dragons, fire lizards, fire salamander, salamanders are ghostly creatures after all... All want a water/ghost chameleon but they forbid Charizard his rightful might!!!

Google: Legendary Salamanders, Salamanders in Folklore

Ghost hunting from A to Z: Fire Salamanders

Last edited:
Charizards and its preevos dex entry about its fire beeing its life force? Soul fire? If the soul is the ghost? You dont need to die to release it?

That's quite a stretch. While the flame is its life force, that doesn't necessarily give it enough of a spiritual connection to make it a Ghost type.

Also the sun symbol on its stomach... Symbol of the sun is related with egiptian afterlife and dragons, snakes, fire lizards were related with the afterlife...

Just because the sun is associated with the afterlife in one culture doesn't mean Charizard should be a Ghost type. Volcarona, Solrock, Solgaleo, and Espeon are not Ghost types despite having connections to the sun, so it is clear that GameFreak does not view the sun in the same way as the ancient Egyptians.

Write after life dragons, fire lizards, fire salamander, salamanders are ghostly creatures after all...

How are salamanders ghostly creatures? Their regenerative properties seem to be the opposite of a ghost, and the mythological salamander seems to have zero connections to ghosts.

That's quite a stretch. While the flame is its life force, that doesn't necessarily give it enough of a spiritual connection to make it a Ghost type.

Just because the sun is associated with the afterlife in one culture doesn't mean Charizard should be a Ghost type. Volcarona, Solrock, Solgaleo, and Espeon are not Ghost types despite having connections to the sun, so it is clear that GameFreak does not view the sun in the same way as the ancient Egyptians.

How are salamanders ghostly creatures? Their regenerative properties seem to be the opposite of a ghost, and the mythological salamander seems to have zero connections to ghosts.
Ghost hunting from A to Z:
fire salamanders.
They dont have a sun on their bodies and its a 3 turn transformation. Would it be that bad realy? To make it gain other typing and ability? To make it differ more?

fire salamanders.
They dont have a sun on their bodies and its a 3 turn transformation. Would it be that bad realy? To make it gain other typing and ability? To make it differ more?
The problem is that you're using stretches to justify a change. Change for the sake of change is not good either.

fire salamanders.

That book is in no way a reliable source on salamanders in mythology. It's basically pseudoscience masquerading as actual science. A scientific approach to paranormal investigation? Not likely.

I wouldn't mind it if Gigantamaxing involved a change in typing--if the new typing made sense.

The problem is that you're using stretches to justify a change. Change for the sake of change is not good either.
Mythology. Salamanders, fire, demons...
Fiery flying serpents... The bible...

Wild fires and fire are related with spirits, ghosts and leave ghost towns in real life... Also there are a lot of fiery god like creatures.

Ho-oh is more candidate for fire/fairy... Also whats the problem?

You want it to get ifautated by G-Evee or Confused by Gold Rush?

Stretches? Cough, cough dragon Charizard X... Decidueye grass/ghost... Its pokemon, let us make more stretches with all previous starters more.

Last edited:
Maybe G- blastoise and venusaur will be version exclusives? Hmmm water/steel lighting rod. Ocen stream pump, switches oponent out and washesh entry hazards. Its canons could transformed into one shield like flat canon on the back.
Grass/dark with heatproof wild wine forest, hits , drains hp like giga drain and leaves leech seed. As a retribution to both. Its flower could change into a dark sword like fruit and.

Charizard 1- fire/flying
Mega CharizardY- fire/flying that casts drough
Mega CharizardX-fire/dragon-tough Claws

Dynamax Charizard casts Drough when using fire moves, yey

G-form Charizard-.................................................

You are getting what I mean here????
No? I already said, just because Charizard's Mega forms had different types doesn't mean GMax Charizard has to be Ghost or Ground, especially when it's not connected to the design at all.
Also it's move adds fire spin for 4 turns cool but why not destroy terrains and entry hazards?
Why should it? Why would fire burn away Stealth Rock when Fire is weak to Rock, or a Psychic Terrain, something that's not even tangible?
Or do You think it's more fairy like now? also could work, fire/fairy great Salamender with burning wings for 3 turns...
No! What about it looks anything like a Fairy-type?

Also we got 4 other fire/flying birds and a new Charizard fire/flying G-form? seriously?
A total of six Pokemon sharing the type combination. There are 800+ Pokemon in existence.

Seriously why didn't they showe us this back when they firest relesed the starters and why they don't ask fans in pols what type and abilities they see fit with the pokemon and forms the realese...
Would be much appealing.
They sure didn't showe Rapidash because they wanted to know what we want... psychic? they can rescue it with levitate and fairy at least.
Game development is not going to be constantly updated based on fan opinions, that's impractical. And you're assuming that the majority shares your discontent.
I watch the trailer there is nothing about their official types and abilities in them... only looks and G-moves...
That's because the types and abilities don't change, so they're not going to show them off. Look at the official site to see that.
Do You think they could change things before the game realese or in the next sequel games or gen 4 remakes? Would be better if they would change this before game realese, hope they didn't start priting the games alredy... What was that with Charizard X and Y? how fast we got it before realease of games ? and time frame before realese of Charizard Y?

Mega starters - 2 September 2013
Charizard X- 2 November 2013

One month after ? relese of XY was on 13 November 2013?
2 moths before the games?

Now they have time to 15 November 2019, enough time for changes if they would want to.
Less than a month to change a typing, make sure its balanced, update any cartridges with the changes, change any dialogue or movepool...That's even less realistic than giving Charizard Ground type "just because".

They could realy pull if of if people start writing on all kinds of forums, chatrooms, quora and other stuff to change their minds especially those in Japan or related with Japan then there they will discuss with them more.
Why do you keep ignoring the fact that they're not allowed to look at fan ideas? James Turner literally confirmed this.

Also whats the problem?

You want it to get ifautated by G-Evee or Confused by Gold Rush?
Why would that correlate to a different type?

Stretches? Cough, cough dragon Charizard X...
Charizard looks like a dragon and has the word dragon as part of its name in French, German, and Chinese. That's not remotely a stretch.
Decidueye grass/ghost...
Aumakua - Wikipedia
Hmmm water/steel lighting rod.
Grass/dark with heatproof
If they won't give ability changes and new types to the big names they show off now, I doubt that's going to change any time soon.

Why are the Gigantamax Pokémon so roastable? Look at this:

It's like a bored employee decided to strech out Meowth's body, then the boss looked at it and said "Yup! That's a Gigantamax form to me!"

And what's the deal with Gigantamax Eevee? Is it just the camera position that made the chest tuft look like that, or did the trainer forget to groom it?

This is basically baby's first "hey guys, check out my original Fakemon!".

Go ahead and roast them too if you want, hope more of these get announced so I can make fun of them.

Stretches? Cough, cough dragon Charizard X... Decidueye grass/ghost... Its pokemon, let us make more stretches with all previous starters more.
Are you serious? There were 17 years worth memes on why Charizard isn’t a dragon before Mega Charizard X. It’s literally based on a dragon.
Decidueye is based on an extinct owl and it’s signature move is literally spirit shackle.

No? I already said, just because Charizard's Mega forms had different types doesn't mean GMax Charizard has to be Ghost or Ground, especially when it's not connected to the design at all.

Why should it? Why would fire burn away Stealth Rock when Fire is weak to Rock, or a Psychic Terrain, something that's not even tangible?

No! What about it looks anything like a Fairy-type?

A total of six Pokemon sharing the type combination. There are 800+ Pokemon in existence.

Game development is not going to be constantly updated based on fan opinions, that's impractical. And you're assuming that the majority shares your discontent.

That's because the types and abilities don't change, so they're not going to show them off. Look at the official site to see that.

Less than a month to change a typing, make sure its balanced, update any cartridges with the changes, change any dialogue or movepool...That's even less realistic than giving Charizard Ground type "just because".

Why do you keep ignoring the fact that they're not allowed to look at fan ideas? James Turner literally confirmed this.

Why would that correlate to a different type?

Charizard looks like a dragon and has the word dragon as part of its name in French, German, and Chinese. That's not remotely a stretch.

Aumakua - Wikipedia

If they won't give ability changes and new types to the big names they show off now, I doubt that's going to change any time soon.
One was Dragon. Why so much against fire/ghost? It would make sense that magic flames so hot that they destroy magic and stealth rocks. Also would make it nice. Normal and fighting hitting such a flamed Sun God lizard?

Did You ever saw how real Wild Fires destroy land scapes and towns? Would make sense.

The design screams Sun God, Hell winged fire salamander... Ghost would be perfect to seperate it from Moltres, Hooh and Talonflame... You got a problem that it would become too good? It would have more weaknesses. The 4x rock type weakness doesnt fits with its fiery design? Read about fire ghosts, fire gods... I understand that Gigantamax releses god like powers in pokemon. Would make sense to change type, ability and form for 3 turns...

Charizard with Ghost typing also was long time a thing and is check google.

I think they could and should make it for the fans. Power and hp is not enough for strategy. I think if they would do some changes for fans before game sale then they would sel more in future and gain fandom respect.

Last edited:
One was Dragon. Why so much against fire/ghost? It would make sense that magic flames so hot that they destroy magic and stealth rocks. Also would make it nice. Normal and fighting hitting such a flamed Sun God lizard?

Did You ever saw how real Wild Fires destroy land scapes and towns? Would make sense.

The design screams Sun God, Hell winged fire salamander... Ghost would be perfect to seperate it from Moltres, Hooh and Talonflame... You got a problem that it would become too good? It would have more weaknesses. The 4x rock type weakness doesnt fits with its fiery design? Read about fire ghosts, fire gods... I understand that Gigantamax releses god like powers in pokemon. Would make sense to change type, ability and form for 3 turns...

I think they could and should make it for the fans. Power and hp is not enough for strategy. I think if they would do some changes for fans before game sale then they would sel more in future and gain fandom respect.

Volcarana's Pokedex entry says its fires served as replacement to the sun when an area was blanketed in volcanic ash. By your logic, it should be a ghost type, but it obviously isn't one because that would be nonsensical.

One was Dragon
So because Charizard was Dragon once, it should be allowed to be any type at all?
Why so much against fire/ghost?
Because it doesn't make any sense!
It would make sense that magic flames so hot that they destroy magic and stealth rocks.
No, it wouldn't make sense.
Also would make it nice
And it would be nice if Caterpie could OHKO a Dragonite. Doesn't mean it should be done.
Normal and fighting hitting such a flamed Sun God lizard?
Why should a giant dragon be immune to being punched, or hit with a Hyper Beam?

Have you ever seen real wildfires burn away all rock in an area? No.
The design screams Sun God, Hell winged fire salamander...
There is nothing about it connecting it to the sun, nor are there any sun gods based on lizards. And having fire does not mean a Pokemon is connected to Hell-otherwise, every Fire-type should be part Ghost.

You got a problem that it would become too good?
I've said over and over again that my problem is that it makes no sense, not that it would be too powerful.
I understand that Gigantamax releses god like powers in pokemon.
Nothing official has ever described it as being godlike, and being powerful does not mean that it's based on specific deities. (You can't seriously look at GMax Pikachu and say it was based on a god, can you?)
The 4x rock type weakness doesnt fits with its fiery design?
It 100% does. Fire does not beat Rock. And a Fire/Ghost would still be weak to Rock, so this argument doesn't make any sense.
Ghost would be perfect to seperate it from Moltres, Hooh and Talonflame...
And then it would share a type with Chandelure and Alolan Marowak.

Are you talking about the Delta Charizard from the fangame Insurgence? That doesn't mean that regular Charizard needs the Ghost type in an official game. They even changed its design entirely so that it would fit the Ghost type.
It's literally not possible to change things like that on a whim. And I seriously doubt people are saying "Well, I'm not interested in buying Sword and Shield now, but I would if GMax Charizard had a different type..."

Moltres, Ho-oh... Talonflame....

Fire is life force. Soul. If it trsnsformed it wings into fire... Volcarona maybe is related via dex entry but Charizard too. Taking thats fire what holds it by life.

With your arguments megas, regional variants and many other stuff would not be possible. If ponyta could change typing with energy why not they for 3turns?

Would you have a problem with it beeing fire/fairy? Fire/steel? Fire/ghost for 3 turns? It could only use G-wildfire and Max moves with changed effects... They don't have their previous effects? You would need not to worry of curse or shadow sneak. It would gain immunities.

Interesting . lets do a pole and ask people what types and abilities they would want for those G-forms? Then we would know what most people realy think about it.

At least Typhlosion has Flashfire and doesnt need to worry so much can always Dig out Charizards other moves. Hmmm makes we wonder if ground Max move will hit dig users?

Water pokes with dive can avoid its hit and the fire spin one turn...

Last edited:
Fire is life force. Soul. [...] Taking thats fire what holds it by life.

Plenty of people will disagree with that. Isn't fire viewed more as a destructive force? At any rate, fire = life force doesn't sound ghostly at all.

Would you have a problem with it beeing fire/fairy? Fire/steel?

Yes because those typings, just like the Ghost type, do not fit with the current GMax Charizard design.

Interesting . lets do a pole and ask people what types and abilities they would want for those G-forms? Then we would know what most people realy think about it.

Here's a link to a poll I made titled "What secondary typing should Gigantamax Charizard have?"

Moltres, Ho-oh... Talonflame....
Chandelure, Marowak...

Both type combos have been used before. Switching GMax Charizard from Fire/Flying to Fire/Ghost would not change that.
Fire is life force. Soul.
So then, should every Fire-type be Fire/Ghost?
Would you have a problem with it beeing fire/fairy? Fire/steel? Fire/ghost for 3 turns?
Yes, I would! And I've said so! None of those make any sense!
You would need not to worry of curse or shadow sneak.
Why would any be worried about those specific moves against a Fire/Flying? And they maintain the same effectiveness on Fire/Fairy and Fire/Steel.
It would gain immunities.
And giving Magikarp Wonder Guard would give it immunities. Doesn't mean it's worth doing.
At least Typhlosion has Flashfire and doesnt need to worry so much can always Dig out Charizards other moves.
Charizard, a Flying type, would be immune to Dig. And Charizard also learns Dig, it's not like Typhlosion is beating it out there. (Typhlosion is hardly doing better than Charizard-it has no Mega or GMax form.)
Water pokes with dive can avoid its hit and the fire spin one turn...
That doesn't mean it should get Ghost, which wouldn't even help that.

Fire/ghost with levitate would be immune to normal, figth and ground that would be destructive. SINCE when wildfires and giant winged fire lizards fear animals ,warriors and earth? Also rock would be 2x. You both fear they do it and it gets better. Even would escape traps. That should a champions poke do.

Fire/ghost with levitate would be immune to normal, figth and ground that would be destructive.
So then why not advocate for Chandelure to get Levitate?

SINCE when wildfires and giant winged fire lizards fear animals ,warriors and earth?
Wildfires are not sentient, and so do not fear anything. And Charizard is still an animal, not the embodiment of a wildfire. If we use this logic, then Water should also be immune to Normal and Fighting, because the ocean isn't hurt by warriors punching it or animals scratching it.

You both fear they do it and it gets better.
We've said over and over again that it doesn't make any sense for the design. It makes no sense to say that we're afraid of the idea of making Charizard more powerful-if they made it too powerful, why wouldn't we just use it ourselves?
Even would escape traps. That should a champions poke do.
Being used by a champion doesn't mean a Pokemon should get a power boost totally unrelated to its design.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom