• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• ME's brain went on vacation last week, so he forgot to upload an episode of Snowy's LP. He didn't forget this week. Watch the new episodehere.
  • Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

Laid to Wake
Reaction score
I think max raids would have worked vastly better if instead of NPCs you used four of your own Pokémon. They'd need to give high star raid bosses a few more tricks or better stats, but that would be interesting gameplay; there would be strategizing and bringing Pokémon with support moves like Reflect and Light Screen.
Oh I like this. That's a good thought - while I don't think it would make raids much more challenging, it would be more interesting, for sure, and probably more effective at improving the partners than simply buffing their AI.

(Now that I think about it, it would also give the Move Deleter a bit more use - say you wanted to have one of your Pokémon designated specifically for setting up screens, you could delete their other two moves and just run Reflect and Light Screen in order to ensure that they would provide reliable setup. You'd give up the option of having them contribute offensively, but the more moves you give them, the less likely they are to do a specific thing that you may need them to, so there's a good trade-off.)

Reaction score
what if there could be max reid battles against two Dynamaxed or Gigantamaxed pokemon?

If your oponents would attack you instead of the Boss then it would be chalenging bc, its a fight for the pokemon.

Reaction score
If your oponents would attack you instead of the Boss then it would be chalenging bc, its a fight for the pokemon.
You can already fight against other players. I much prefer the teamwork to letting one person screw others over. (Not to mention how nobody would want to team up for Max Raids at all with that system)

Reaction score
You can already fight against other players. I much prefer the teamwork to letting one person screw others over. (Not to mention how nobody would want to team up for Max Raids at all with that system)
why not? battle royal were interesting.

what about battling against 2 gigantamax pokemon in a double battle in a raid? 4 trainers against 2?

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
why not? battle royal were interesting.

what about battling against 2 gigantamax pokemon in a double battle in a raid? 4 trainers against 2?
Battle Royal did not have a Pokemon reward.
People would just enter raid battles alone so they don’t have to fight someone over it. It’s supposed to be teamwork to take down a powerful Pokémon, not a contest.

ᴅʀɪꜰᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ
Reaction score
soooo i've been giving it a lot of thought, and had some discussions with a few people about it. i've come to realize that when it comes to max raid battles being a "challenge", it's not so much of a fulfilling challenge if you constantly have to worry about the AI's every move. personally speaking, it irritates me if the difference between winning and losing depended on whether or not Solrock decides to use Cosmic Power. :c

if everything goes right and there's still a loss despite that (like say for example, the raid boss repeatedly buffing themselves via Swords Dance/Calm Mind/Quiver Dance) then fine, that's on me to strategize a bit more. but i really don't want incompetent AIs deciding my fate for me.

Reaction score
Just yesterday I fought a Wailord. He beat be the first time cause I kinda had a useless team, but the second try went better, despite the team being almost the exact same except trade 1 for another useless mon. We beat his second set of shields and now he needed one more super effective hit to go down. Thankfully I had a Jolteon NPC. You would think the smartest move is to hit it with an electric attack to beat it. Nope, it goes and uses swift, making it have a sliver of hp left. Thankfully the others took it down but I was so mad

Reaction score
hmmm interesting if they bring back those cut off moves ,
and if Steamroller will get blocked by Dynamax bc it should.
Centiscorch needs that support.

Reaction score
Why would Centiscorch be worried about a Bug-type move? It resists Bug.
rather into the moveset to use it. That move was cut off.
A move that powers doubles when minimise is used.

I analised what would happen if it came back into play.
Either fail or be halved in power then....

Last edited: