• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

Was that really the reason?

And yet we got 2 awful looking Mewtwo, Aerodactyl, Tyranitar, Salamence...

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise as the 3 revealed so far are meh at worse and not as abominable as Blastoise and Lati@s.
Yeah I believe it was Ken Sugimori who said they wanted to give it a Mega but he couldn’t think of a good design for it. I’ll look for the article; it’s a bit old.

Edit: Here it is.

I think some pokemon still would deserve megas more.

Lapras can have G-max form but make it a ice/dragon

I think some pokemon still would deserve megas more.

Lapras can have G-max form but make it a ice/dragon
Based on the three G-max pokemon we've seen, I think it's fair to say that G-max doesn't change a pokemon's type. Or ability. So this is not going to happen.

Based on the three G-max pokemon we've seen, I think it's fair to say that G-max doesn't change a pokemon's type. Or ability. So this is not going to happen.
Yet another reason that G-Max is a strictly worse Mega re-skin....hopefully this trend doesn’t continue and we get some G-Max Pokémon that do change type to make it more interesting.

May not have given gmax forms that because regional varients include changing they type. Which id rather have and have a higher chance of not being left behind because npc trades

If they make Gigantamax forms that actually tie into something (e.g., real life references, in-game story) like this, then I may change my opinion on them:

But right now, all we know is "lol make them big"

Those are pretty nice.

Y'know, it actually amazes me that Game Freak missed an opportunity to have a Kaiju plot. I still believe giant Pokemon work best outside of a battle mechanic or sports stadium. The whole point imo is that you should be in awe of such a uniquely large creature. Finding something like that in the wild, sometimes unexpectedly even, would have been a potentially amazing experience.

I guess that's the defining difference between G-Max and Mega Evolution then. Good on them on making them distinguishable I guess, so not to completely invalidate Mega Evos

At least this way they can just focus on the quality of the pokemon themselves so a change like megas won't be extremely necessary to begin with.

There's only a handful of pokemon like that. Garchomp, Salamence, Tyranitar, Latis, Mewtwo, and Rayquaza. Out of like almost 50 something megas, that's not much

Really? I'd consider being 520+ to be pretty high stats, considering that some Megas don't even get that high, like Medicham, Beedrill, Sableye, and Mawile, (There's also only 45 Megas-your count might be off from names like Yanmega and Meganium appearing if you search a page for mega)
It also wouldn't make much sense to change type just for three turns.
Camouflage, Protean, Color Change, Conversion, Forecast...it happens.

Really? I'd consider being 520+ to be pretty high stats, considering that some Megas don't even get that high, like Medicham, Beedrill, Sableye, and Mawile, (There's also only 45 Megas-your count might be off from names like Yanmega and Meganium appearing if you search a page for mega)
520 BST is literally around starter stats dude. Also there's 48 mega forms in total, you're think oh how many pokemon that can mega evolve.

How many megas were without type change? Something should.

36 megas had their typings. So majority stayed the same, and I didn't even count Mewtwo and Charizard cause they have 2 forms, and both have one that keeps their original typing.
Ability and typing. People love when this changes not only stats. Not only popular pokemon.

I definitely think some G-Maxes should get Type and/or Ability changes. Otherwise, it’s just barely less bland than Dynamax’s “u get big for 3 turns”. Max moves don’t make things that much more interesting either since most of them are just the same generic move depending on the Type. I guess some of them will have unique ones like Alcremie’s “Calorie Missile” or whatever that was, but I’d rather have some changes to the Pokémon’s overall design rather than its moves.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom