• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

G-max Wobbufet? somehow they would need to buff Counter and Mirror Coat making them better.
Practically G-max move for Wobbufet would be G-max Mirror Counter Guard that could work like both moves actually.
They don't have to buff Counter and Mirror Coat because Max Moves turns them into entirely different moves.

Who would win a theoretical batle between Dynamax Abomasnow and Mega Abamasnow?
taking what we currently know about it?
Probably Mega Abomasnow, considering its change lasts the entire battle.

Maybe they want this game without megas and Z-moves to know our opinion how they all should work when in one game?
Doubt it. They just cut those mechanics to focus on the new one- probably because Mega Evolution would kick Dynamax's ass and Dynamax would overshadow Z-Moves by lasting three turns.

Should Mega pokemon be allowed to Dynamax or would it over power them?
I think that Mega stones should work seperate if something
G-max and Mega together that would be more then too much for 3 turns the same with D-max.
Theoretically, if they could be in the same game, Mega Pokemon wouldn't be able to Dynamax just like they can't use Z-Moves. A pokemon holding a Mega Stone or Z-Crystal would just replace the Dynamax button, I imagine.

And considering G-Max and Mega Evolution both involve a form change, that definitely wouldn't work.

(Side note: Why do you keep talking about G-Max like it's notably more powerful than Dynamax? As far as we know, they're exactly the same in power, just one has a form change and gets one special G-Max Move.)

Hmm Z-moves and Z-stones if theoretically you D-max or G-max a pokemon then all moves are Max moves... should it be possible to use a Z-Max move? Also seems overpowered here in my opinion.

A Z-move that could trigger a Mega or G-max form on the other hand would be interesting.
Again, I doubt that a pokemon with a Z-Crystal would be able to Max anyway.

They don't have to buff Counter and Mirror Coat because Max Moves turns them into entirely different moves.

Probably Mega Abomasnow, considering its change lasts the entire battle.

Doubt it. They just cut those mechanics to focus on the new one- probably because Mega Evolution would kick Dynamax's ass and Dynamax would overshadow Z-Moves by lasting three turns.

Theoretically, if they could be in the same game, Mega Pokemon wouldn't be able to Dynamax just like they can't use Z-Moves. A pokemon holding a Mega Stone or Z-Crystal would just replace the Dynamax button, I imagine.

And considering G-Max and Mega Evolution both involve a form change, that definitely wouldn't work.

(Side note: Why do you keep talking about G-Max like it's notably more powerful than Dynamax? As far as we know, they're exactly the same in power, just one has a form change and gets one special G-Max Move.)

Again, I doubt that a pokemon with a Z-Crystal would be able to Max anyway.
You know that mega Abomasnow is slowee then Abomasnow and if both learn Brick break.

We dont know... Dyna and Giganta. What should be stronger? Also hp is not enough there needs to be more.

We dont know... Dyna and Giganta. What should be stronger? Also hp is not enough there needs to be more.
Neither should be stronger than the other? The only thing about Gigantamax is the different forms and that it gets access to special Max Moves.

And there already is more than just increased HP, they have powered up moves as well.

Neither should be stronger than the other? The only thing about Gigantamax is the different forms and that it gets access to special Max Moves.

And there already is more than just increased HP, they have powered up moves as well.
How much posered up we need to see yet.
They are bigger and look much stronger and that needs to not only be in moves and hp but also stats.

How much posered up we need to see yet.
They are bigger and look much stronger and that needs to not only be in moves and hp but also stats.
...actually they're the same size-

7_8_gigantamax_4.jpg

I'll bet you that aside from forms and their one special move, they don't differ drastically from their Dynamax forms.

...actually they're the same size-

7_8_gigantamax_4.jpg

I'll bet you that aside from forms and their one special move, they don't differ drastically from their Dynamax forms.
That would be lame. D-Alcremie is smaller then G-Alcremie in the trailer when they battle.

What if some pokemon would evolve after D-max leveling up? Or evolve after when using a object like Metal coat.

Will Murpeko type change during Dynamax? Like through eating berries? Or get G-max Aura Roller move for that?

Interesting how Explosion will work when used against D-max or G-max pokemon?

1 hit KO moves against a G-max or D-max pokemon? Should have higher chance of succes?

Last edited:
I was thinking that, maybe if they want to base some gigantamax forms off famous kaiju, they could make a gigantamax form of Ariados/Galvantula as an homage to Kumonga and that it could be a revamped version of the giant arachnid monster GligarMan fought against in that old episode.
5Kumonga.jpg
Unknown_Arachnid.png

Worst Gimmicks yet lmao. Sums up how GF has been since Gen 6 started, lazy, not being able to think on their feet, and just a bunch of incompetent people. The gimmick gets worst every Gen. At least the designs for the gigantamaxed Pokémon look good. Max Moves and G-Max Moves look interesting though.

Worst Gimmicks yet lmao. Sums up how GF has been since Gen 6 started, lazy, not being able to think on their feet, and just a bunch of incompetent people. The gimmick gets worst every Gen. At least the designs for the gigantamaxed Pokémon look good. Max Moves and G-Max Moves look interesting though.

Hey the gimmicks gave use Charizard X.
Mega Ryquaza. Mega Ampharos. Mega Sceptile.

Z-moves could have been better but who knows maybe still can in future. The new Hamsters Aura wheel seems a perfect candidate.

D-max and G-max need a try out before beeing judged properly.

Hmmmm, You know, I think we'll only get 18 G-Max forms, one for every type. After looking back I see footage or of regular max moves and I happened to noticed....the animation for g-max moves are practically the same but slightly tweaked. For comparison. Flying type max move, Max Airstream, looks just like G-Max Corviknight's G-Max Windrage. Only difference being it had black a red streaks to it. Same for Dreadnaw, whose only difference is that more rocks shoot up from the ground when it hits. By the looks of it, each G-Max move is just an alternate version of Max moves, which max me wonder if every g-max is just for one of every type of max move. So if I can make a list for pokemonwe know will get g-max forms for a respective type

Normal: Meowth
Grass: Grookey
Water: Dreadnaw
Fire: Chaizard
Flying: Corviknight
Electric: Pikachu
Fighting: (putting scorbunny here just in case)
Ghost: (Putting Sobble here)
Ice: Lapras
Fairy: Alcremie

Take note these are just guesses

Hmmmm, You know, I think we'll only get 18 G-Max forms, one for every type. After looking back I see footage or of regular max moves and I happened to noticed....the animation for g-max moves are practically the same but slightly tweaked. For comparison. Flying type max move, Max Airstream, looks just like G-Max Corviknight's G-Max Windrage. Only difference being it had black a red streaks to it. Same for Dreadnaw, whose only difference is that more rocks shoot up from the ground when it hits. By the looks of it, each G-Max move is just an alternate version of Max moves, which max me wonder if every g-max is just for one of every type of max move. So if I can make a list for pokemonwe know will get g-max forms for a respective type

Did You watched the movie Rampage?
Msybe D-max and G-max got more inspiration then myth and legends?

I think that some will get type and ability change when G-max. I feel 25 forms. Like they did with megas, Z-moves got 18 types +signatures 2 pikachu, Snorlax, Mimykyu and others?

Lapras water or ice dragon?

Could we get a G-max sound move?

What if we get Dual type G-max moves?
Could see G-max Draco Inferno wind that removes terrains, entry hazards, burns foes and could be part dragon.

By the way what happens with Flying Press D-max move? Activates Tail wind and fighting effect?

Interesting will be to see if we get a G-max that is like a combo of hypnosis and dream eater at once? Or one activating Gravity ? One will probably put spikes?
Poison will probably destroy a terrain , poison oponent and put toxic spikes on the field?

Interesting will be moves that will trap or switch oponents, disable moves...

Eh, I think it will be more like species-exclusive z-moves where type doesn't matter. It'd be a really unnecessary design restriction when there is already a D-Max move for every type.

Eh, I think it will be more like species-exclusive z-moves where type doesn't matter. It'd be a really unnecessary design restriction when there is already a D-Max move for every type.
The problem that that this theory stems from is that fact they already seem restricted when all the g-max moves look near identical to regular max moves.

So what's to stop them from making two Fairy-type Gigantimax and giving them similar G-Max moves? They're already making similar move animations, after all.

So what's to stop them from making two Fairy-type Gigantimax and giving them similar G-Max moves? They're already making similar move animations, after all.
Just a feeling that if they aren't planning on going out to make them different, they might not be planning on make much more outside that.....now that I think about, in SM we also only had 17 unique z moves.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom