• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

Oh... guess I misread. The realistic part of me says GameFreak is probably not going to change accuracy thanks to size for specifically OHKO moves.
They did address flinching, but it could be because Dynamax would lose competitive importance if there was the possibility of the Pokémon being flinched in the three turns it gets to wreak havoc.

Worries me about switching them out?
And if switched? Will they be able to transform again? And if a G-max move will cause flinching will it mame other D-max and G-max flinch?

Worries me about switching them out?
And if switched? Will they be able to transform again? And if a G-max move will cause flinching will it mame other D-max and G-max flinch?
You can only use Dynamax once per battle so it shouldn't be able to transform again. Probably you either won't be able to switch out Dynamax pokemon or if you do switch them out, then their Dynamax ends prematurely and that's it- no more Dynamax for the rest of the battle.

And I am gonna guess that if Dynamax are immune to flinching, they're not going to make a Max Move with flinching as its secondary effect because that would be useless in a Max vs. Max battle. And also because flinching is such a brief status, too, while all of the known effects of Max Moves so far have a more lasting effect on the battle such as healing, setting up terrains, weather, entry hazards, increasing/decreasing stats...

You can only use Dynamax once per battle so it shouldn't be able to transform again. Probably you either won't be able to switch out Dynamax pokemon or if you do switch them out, then their Dynamax ends prematurely and that's it- no more Dynamax for the rest of the battle.

And I am gonna guess that if Dynamax are immune to flinching, they're not going to make a Max Move with flinching as its secondary effect because that would be useless in a Max vs. Max battle. And also because flinching is such a brief status, too, while all of the known effects of Max Moves so far have a more lasting effect on the battle such as healing, setting up terrains, weather, entry hazards, increasing/decreasing stats...

But against regular good enough. Maybe one G-max move could flinch even a D-max? Would make it special then.

D-max ends but if a turn or two are left then reuse of those should or could be possible? Hmmm they made it a lot harder now. If they will be switchproof, confuseproof and statsproof then we got a big problem.

Hope You can freeze them and put to sleep but they could teoretically re-freeze and wake up faster. I really would want to know this small details. Like if You dynamax a frozen or stats affected pokemon will they snap out of it?

Now Stench, abilities and moves with a re-charging effect and disabling make more sense.

If a KO move could hit a regular pokemon and had 10% then a larger one should be more easy to hit a bigger one.

At least D-max and G-max wont use earthquake and dig is a safe option now.
Hope so.

Pyukumuku now will gain a lot with Dynamax. 78hp with innards out.

Last edited:
But against regular good enough. Maybe one G-max move could flinch even a D-max? Would make it special then.
Watch this be the signature G-Max move of Gigantamax Meowth. It’s very fitting considering how sneaky cats are made out to be.

The only thing sort of positive that I can see coming out of Dynamax and it'll also depend of the lore it the possibility of the next generation being set in Italy with ancient colosseums and have ancient totem-like Pokémon, that aren't just temporary forms/evolutions.

D-max and G-max pokemon will be protected from Sky Drop and Seismic Toss?
You know the weight?

D-max and G-max pokemon will be protected from Sky Drop and Seismic Toss?
You know the weight?
Sky Drop, probably, since there's been a limit with other Pokemon of a certain weight, but I don't see Seismic Toss getting an update. If a 20 pound Teddiursa can use Seismic Toss on a 1-ton Celesteela after two decades, they're probably not going to re-examine it anytime soon.

Sky Drop, probably, since there's been a limit with other Pokemon of a certain weight, but I don't see Seismic Toss getting an update. If a 20 pound Teddiursa can use Seismic Toss on a 1-ton Celesteela after two decades, they're probably not going to re-examine it anytime soon.

I would make Seismic Toss work effect wise like Sky Drop and make both moves count damage BP: (50+level of the oponent) max 150

Twister should hit and work on both.

They did a good thing with Teleport(still think it should switch the pokemon you choose on field either yours or oponents to make it unpredictable as it's psychic move, like a roar or u-turn with choice) hope they will go further with changing old stuff that also helps make the games much better.

They were asking how certain moves can effect Dynamaxed pokemon. Whether if weight can factor in, or if pokemon can be carried or thrown.
In his first post, but not anywhere here.
I would make Seismic Toss work effect wise like Sky Drop and make both moves count damage BP: (50+level of the oponent) max 150

Twister should hit and work on both.

They did a good thing with Teleport(still think it should switch the pokemon you choose on field either yours or oponents to make it unpredictable as it's psychic move, like a roar or u-turn with choice) hope they will go further with changing old stuff that also helps make the games much better.
This is just suggesting a change to how Seismic Toss, Teleport, and Sky Drop work.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the ongoing discussion, but can I just say that a minor thing I appreciate about Dynamax is that it doesn't appear to fall into the same kind of weird, unnatural Sigil Spamming as the other big mechanics?

120.jpg

Mega Evolution, Primal Reversion, Z-Moves, and Ultra Burst all did this, where their "symbols" appeared on the screen during execution. Always felt like a bit too much to me. Why would natural phenomena have branding?

Sure, Dynamax has the three clouds above their heads, but I think those are meant to be part of the big energy storm that Dynamax creates, and at any rate, they're more naturalistic than a big Ω or Z symbol. Additionally, the Max Moves don't have the names of those moves appear in the screen in big letters like Z-Moves did.

Last edited:
In his first post, but not anywhere here.

This is just suggesting a change to how Seismic Toss, Teleport, and Sky Drop work.

taking that flinching doesn't work , hope that at least roar, whirlwind and others will?

switching should... ghost curse should and perish song should? weathers wil do.
inducings others stats should? draining moves?

Weird that they neigher used height with moves and abilities with pokemon when it comes to accuracy and evasion.

Interesting how some abilities could react with Dynamax and G-max?
You know contact abilities? should all work normal?

that flincging immunity of D-max is only related to moves? we didn't see if a ability that could cause flinching would work on it actually? or did they stated that any kind of flinching?

Last edited:
Interesting how some abilities could react with Dynamax and G-max?
You know contact abilities? should all work normal?
Why wouldn't they?
that flincging immunity of D-max is only related to moves? we didn't see if a ability that could cause flinching would work on it actually? or did they stated that any kind of flinching?
The only ability that causes flinching is Stench, which just adds a chance to a move. It doesn't seem likely that there would be an exception for it.

Why wouldn't they?

The only ability that causes flinching is Stench, which just adds a chance to a move. It doesn't seem likely that there would be an exception for it.

I'm just thinking about how large they are and if there could be such ones that could react differently with them.
But we don't have abilities that would change anything when the oponent becomes bigger of more heavy?

I do wonder why they avoided showing the Gigantamaxing symbol. Unlike the Dynamax transformations, whenever we were about to have the opportunity to see the Gigantamaxing symbol, there was a cut, going directly to the Gigantamaxing cutscene.

I do wonder if the symbol reveals anything substantial. Maybe something related to the legendaries.

I do wonder why they avoided showing the Gigantamaxing symbol. Unlike the Dynamax transformations, whenever we were about to have the opportunity to see the Gigantamaxing symbol, there was a cut, going directly to the Gigantamaxing cutscene.

I do wonder if the symbol reveals anything substantial. Maybe something related to the legendaries.
I think it's just the same symbol as dynamax

I think it's just the same symbol as dynamax

It may be so. But it's still weird they had so many opportunities to show it, even as an instructive mean on the site, and yet they didn't.

Because of that, I already considered the possibility of Gigantamax forms having two versions, Sword forms and Shield forms, as well (I mean, once Gigantamax doesn't use a hold item, in the case of it having two versions, it could work like Mega Evolutions in LGPE, where the player chooses which one they want to trigger. Hypothetically explaning why they could be hiding it). So they could be revealing one of those forms as standard forms first, to then reveal that it was a specific form later (similar to what they did with Megas).

But after some thought, I do think that at least when it comes to different shaped forms, that's unlikely. I mean, G-Corviknight is too much like Corviknight, and even G-Drednaw doesn't present so many changes in its design. G-Alcremie is the only Gigantamax we know which its design changes significantly, and yet I can't imagine a new form to it that could fit into an attack theme (assuming the current one could pass as a defensive form).

And the icing on the cake is that it would also be weird for Affleck not having mentioned anything like that. So my last guess is that it (the Gigantamax symbol) could present some kind of hint that has to do with the legendaries.

Last edited:
I think I'd might be able to tolerate Dynamaxing if it had the aura of the Totem Pokemon or some other color than the garish pink-red we got now.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom