• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

Imagine G-Pikachu with Thick Fat and
G-Evee with Fluffy or
G-Charizard fire/ghost with Levitate.
G-Meowth would be perfect normal/ghost.
Butterfly could got Dazzling or Recovery?

I think they should change in future their typings and abilities for G-forms.

I don't really see how Ghost fits with GMax Charizard or GMax Meowth. Wouldn't Ground or Dragon work better for Charizard, while Dark would work better for Meowth?

I don't really see how Ghost fits with GMax Charizard or GMax Meowth. Wouldn't Ground or Dragon work better for Charizard, while Dark would work better for Meowth?
Fire spirit. With that eyes. Dragon? Was alredy used and Groudon?we had that.
Would be great taking its base forms and megas.
For 3 turns... Meowth also would fit with its shape... Normal/steel? Gold rush would fit too. Cat ghost gold on google...

To be honest I feel if Meowth were created when Dark and Fairy were all around, it likely would have received at least one of those types instead of or in addition to Normal type. Dark/Fairy seems most fair to the character of the Meowth species to me, in particular.

To be honest I feel if Meowth were created when Dark and Fairy were all around, it likely would have received at least one of those types instead of or in addition to Normal type. Dark/Fairy seems most fair to the character of the Meowth species to me, in particular.
Meowth is a cat and cats are pretty normal. Unless you go with the lucky cat angle then maybe I could see it being Fairy. Persian on the other hand has a jewel on its head which just seem more like a Psychic type trait. So maybe it could be Normal/Fairy to Psychic/Fairy. Because outside of anime Meowth and Alolan Meowth, nothing about normal Meowth screams Dark type.

But either way, Giga Meowth probably has glowing eyes because of Long Cat / Tacgnol.

So after seeing this

1571433103504.png

That little circle of the bottom pic, it has Charizard, Pikachu, Butterfree, Machamp, and Gengar, three of these have G-max, I'm convinced Gengar and Machamp are getting G-Max forms

Just because a type was used doesn't mean it can't be used again on another Pokemon. And with Megas removed, why should they influence a design's type?

Charizard 1- fire/flying
Mega CharizardY- fire/flying that casts drough
Mega CharizardX-fire/dragon-tough Claws

Dynamax Charizard casts Drough when using fire moves, yey

G-form Charizard-.................................................

You are getting what I mean here????

fire/ghost would fit better seeing it's flame wings and fire eyes, it looks more ghost then current four fire/ghost pokemon, also would differ from regular Charizard and it's megas taking we get it for 3 turns.
Levitate would fit perfect with the wings.
Also it's move adds fire spin for 4 turns cool but why not destroy terrains and entry hazards?
Or will it's flying moves become the same as G-Corviknights?
Also we got 4 other fire/flying birds and a new Charizard fire/flying G-form? seriously?

Or do You think it's more fairy like now? also could work, fire/fairy great Salamender with burning wings for 3 turns...

Meowth also with it's move Gold Rush, eyes and apperance either would make a great normal/ghost, steel/ghost or normal/steel pokemon in my opinion.

Practivally they could change abilities and moves before realease or in later games.

Seriously why didn't they showe us this back when they firest relesed the starters and why they don't ask fans in pols what type and abilities they see fit with the pokemon and forms the realese...
Would be much appealing.

Not all ghost but this two looks like they could or should be retyped during form change.

Interesting if G-forms will always activate when Dynamaxing or seperately will be able to Dynamax and to seperately G-max? You know firt turn using D-Max fire move, next turn using G-max move?
(seriously if it would have 2 fire type moves one should be G-max move other fire moves should be D-max fire moves, thats my opinion)

Do You think they could change things before the game realese or in the next sequel games or gen 4 remakes? Would be better if they would change this before game realese, hope they didn't start priting the games alredy... What was that with Charizard X and Y? how fast we got it before realease of games ? and time frame before realese of Charizard Y?

Mega starters - 2 September 2013
Charizard X- 2 November 2013

One month after ? relese of XY was on 13 November 2013?
2 moths before the games?

Now they have time to 15 November 2019, enough time for changes if they would want to.

Like Yampers ability and making it work during battle better.
They sure didn't showe Rapidash because they wanted to know what we want... psychic? they can rescue it with levitate and fairy at least.

G-forms type changes and ability change could be said that we assumed them wrong basing on their main forms...

The official reveal on the poke sites could state that the profesors and trainers that met them assumed and judged them wrong.

I watch the trailer there is nothing about their official types and abilities in them... only looks and G-moves...

only on main sites... that nothing they could say it was a mistake of the scientists in Galar and that the reserch was not complite.

They could realy pull if of if people start writing on all kinds of forums, chatrooms, quora and other stuff to change their minds especially those in Japan or related with Japan then there they will discuss with them more.

Also the pokemon , some are said to be later on given... everything is possible if fans write about it enough.

Last edited:
I'm so disappointed at the reveal of the new G-Max...it's cute to see fat Pikachu back and Eevee is also adorable but even so, still Kanto and more Kanto.
:sick:

literally every gigantamax form has that. that doesn't make them all ghost.

Charizards wings became made out of fire, it's eyes are burned out...
Looks more ghost now then Chandelure and Alolan Marowak...

Charizard learns Shadow Claw... also psychic moves but could actualy get more ghost moves but that would not matter taking nature of Max moves. Maybe will learn a special ghost move one day?

Meowth became longer and it's head symbol changed, glows and body became unnatural totally...
its pokedex entry says it sneaks without leaving footprints. It learns Shadow Ball, Spite and Shadow Claw. We alredy have psychic cats, have alolan dark form and making a normal/ghost pokemon out of it and giving it a better ability would be quite interesting.

Pikachus tails glow but the eyes of other G-max forms arent so energy fullfilled.

at least would be serious ability changes for all because even Butterfree looks like bug/psyhic now and tinded lens is good, should be a better one but the rest of them?

Lets discuss G-Charizards potential stats changes?

Regular Char: G-form prediction
Hp 78 --> 78+39(50%)=111
Attack 84 --> +1 stage +42= 126
Def. 78 --> +1 stage +39= 117
Sp.A 109 --> +1 stage +54= 163
Sp.D 85 --> +1stage +42=127
Speed 100 --> -1stage -50= 50
Total stats: 534 ----------> 832
(for 3 turns would much stronger then mega Rayquaza 780, would make some sense)

after D-max it will be only 645 taking the hp boost(3 turns),
thats alredy stronger stats wise then Megas + powerful 100 moves with effects nice but megas are still better.

If 5 stats +10 each then +50, then total would be 695,
if +12 each, +60 then total 705
could be that it gets stats rised like a mega +20 each,
then 100 and gets a 745 total stats.

Hmmm taking that G-max and D-max last only 3 turns , Max moves power is all 100? or how does it get raised? If G-moves have power 150? Will be interesting.

How do You think?

still if you are able to avoid hits from it or disable or block its G-move before it could be used then you are in a good position.. hmm interesting if after G- form takes back then the hp will be counted back or could/would the pokemon faint?(taking that if its not % back counted but looses the amount of hp it gained via Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing)

Maybe they created it as a form to bring in back megas, legendaries and pokemon that where to strong for competitive, that insted of banning, we get counter measures.

8 G-max forms currently, taking Gengar, Lapras, Machoke, lets say Vespiqueen then we get 12, think that +6 or +13 more new and old pokemon will get them...

Last edited:
i don't want to get into an argument about the worst pokemon so, i'm just gonna say this:
i really don't care.

taking pokemon from galar pokedex what pokemon from other generations could get G-forms?
taking 1 or 2 from each generations?

11+ 3 starters+legendary, qould make 15, then 2 per other generations, 15+10 maybe we will get 27 G-forms? would be a round number, maybe even 30 if they add 3 more new galar pokemon into that of course.

Other subject what realy hapens if a D-max or G-max reverts back?
Will it transform back or is there a chance it could faint?

if a pokemon has 100 hp and D-max , lets say gets 150 hp and looses 100 hp, then has 50hp in G-form, will it transform back and have 25 points of hp or will it or will it loose the 50hp that it gained through the Dynamaxing, Gigantamaxing transformation?
What do You think, has someone some game or trailer data of a pokemon reverting from Dynamax or G-max during battle?

Interesting how will shielding moves react to D-max moves in comparance to Z-moves and if G-max moves will be even better in power and effect of breaking through shields?
Maybe thats why they created Max Guard in the first place?
Maybe Max Guard will protect 100% from regular moves and Max moves.
Maybe max moves will deal 50% of damgae through regular "protects/shielding moves"
and G-moves will deal 75% through protects/shielding and even 25% through the Max Guards?

Hope that Z-moves will hit in future through Max-Guards too with 25% chance and G-move version of special guards... we will need to wait and see,

Last edited:
taking pokemon from galar pokedex what pokemon from other generations could get G-forms?
taking 1 or 2 from each generations?

11+ 3 starters+legendary, qould make 15, then 2 per other generations, 15+10 maybe we will get 27 G-forms? would be a round number, maybe even 30 if they add 3 more new galar pokemon into that of course.

Other subject what realy hapens if a D-max or G-max reverts back?
Will it transform back or is there a chance it could faint?

if a pokemon has 100 hp and D-max , lets say gets 150 hp and looses 100 hp, then has 50hp in G-form, will it transform back and have 25 points of hp or will it or will it loose the 50hp that it gained through the transformation?
I think you just subtract the number of HP by half when it reverts.

I think you just subtract the number of HP by half when it reverts.

we have somewhere footage to check it up? would be interesting to plan in advance. Worser if they could faint, that would also be very important strategy wise.
If hey would want make a difference between D-max and G-max then this would make sense, that pokemon with one of them could faint more easy having not enough hp reverting back and the others could normally change back. But what would it be G-max or D-max, the stronger one should give upper hand after the 3turns, but if its superpowerfulm then making it loose the hp and faint would be a good method to nerf it.

we have somewhere footage to check it up? would be interesting to plan in advance. Worser if they could faint, that would also be very important strategy wise.
If hey would want make a difference between D-max and G-max then this would make sense, that pokemon with one of them could faint more easy having not enough hp reverting back and the others could normally change back. But what would it be G-max or D-max, the stronger one should give upper hand after the 3turns, but if its superpowerfulm then making it loose the hp and faint would be a good method to nerf it.
You can check out the gym demo footage to see. I say check out the Corviknight one cause that one has him turn back mid battle

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom